Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

Default Re: v1.20 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Red Paladin View Post
    there's a trom_text.pack in both pack1 and pack2 of the mod. Either .pack seems to work as my regiment of foot shows up as "line infantry"
    Crud - use trom_text from the Part 2. The bug you're seeing is fixed in the version version of trom_text.pack in Part 2. It should have a date of 5/21/2009 5:24 pm. If it doesn't you got one of the ones from Megaupload before I could take it down -- just redownload part 2 again.

EDIT: I just updated the Part 1 download. You can just re-download that and use the trom_text.pack from it. That will fix the missing string bug you are seeing.
    Last edited by sage2; May 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Bugger, just added highlanders and marines and I just finished adding flagbearers to match all unit colors, took buglers away from all rangers and gave them same unit officers, gave dragoons furgason riflemen as bugler and as officer and half way through adding TGOTRE, Realistic Prussia, mrthibs revolution France', all of toons and lego's units to 1.15 and you release 1.2 btw adding clansmen as the scottish line infantry bearers, drummers and officers makes them look more, well scottish. guss its time to cross analyse the new files.
    Yes, I will have to do something with the officers/flag bearers/musicians of the AOR models... Excellent idea about the Scots by the way, I think I'll steal it from you
    Last edited by Johan217; May 22, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

tomsin's Avatar Miles

I've noticed that in custom battles there is no named Line Infantry - only the Reserve ones, for every country.

"When desperately wounded, the Russian soldier would drag himself eastward simply to die a few yards nearer his homeland." (- Haythornthwaite - "Russian Army" Part I)

Quote Originally Posted by tomsin View Post
    I've noticed that in custom battles there is no named Line Infantry - only the Reserve ones, for every country.
    Yes, custom battles have been lower on the priority list. I'll add this to the To Do list in the dev forum.

tomsin's Avatar Miles

Maybe I've missed your answer, but I wonder is it possible to switch sound on in slow mode (currently it goes off with only music playing)?

"When desperately wounded, the Russian soldier would drag himself eastward simply to die a few yards nearer his homeland." (- Haythornthwaite - "Russian Army" Part I)

Maybe I've missed your answer, but I wonder is it possible to switch sound on in slow mode (currently it goes off with only music playing)?
    I think this is hardcoded by CA. It's actually challenging to code something like this in a/v pipe, believe it or not!

tomsin's Avatar Miles

Is the smoke mod included into core pack? I wanted to switch it off to get some more FPS...

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

There are more mismatches, like the new cuirassiers and hakkapeliita that show up for all factions. I'll clean up the Custom Battles rosters for next time.

Named line infantry... I had to make these unavailable, because otherwise they would show up for all factions. They are still present in the default selection. Not much I can do about it, I am afraid.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

another funny thingy from CA - Race Galeon is a Razee Galeon... so it shoulndt be a ancient galeon at all, but a modernised type with higher superstructures sawed off, to make the ship more stable... So long story short, current galeon should have the look of the Race Galeon..... and look of the current galleon would be better suited for a warship or early Ship of the line everybody buildt in the late 17.century....

hi...i found a few errors and one left off item:

1) russian Leib Guards have a 0 for range listed meaning they cant shot their guns
    2) some english ships are not using english rating names ie 74 gun flagship and 120 gun heavy SOL and a few others
    3) final french barracks ard de triumph still builds estranger and royal escoais at 0 chevrons when both should have 2
    4) not sure if intended but prussia can still build reg curaissers as well as prussian named ones....not sure if this is true for the austrians and french...english dragoons disapear with the appearance of light dragoons in London and Scotland barracks still recruitable in ireland however...
    5) and this is just a "bugs me kinda thing" the hungarian hussars appear to be the exact same stat wise to reg hussars...is there anyway to seperate them from regular hussars maybe a boost in morale?...seems if they are named they should be better than all other hussars...

that is all i found so far the new version looks really cool cant wait to play it...thanks for all the hard work

***edit*** posted in bug section as well

Quote Originally Posted by gogopher View Post
    hi...i found a few errors and one left off item:

1) russian Leib Guards have a 0 for range listed meaning they cant shot their guns
    2) some english ships are not using english rating names ie 74 gun flagship and 120 gun heavy SOL and a few others
    3) final french barracks ard de triumph still builds estranger and royal escoais at 0 chevrons when both should have 2
    4) not sure if intended but prussia can still build reg curaissers as well as prussian named ones....not sure if this is true for the austrians and french...english dragoons disapear with the appearance of light dragoons in London and Scotland barracks still recruitable in ireland however...
    5) and this is just a "bugs me kinda thing" the hungarian hussars appear to be the exact same stat wise to reg hussars...is there anyway to seperate them from regular hussars maybe a boost in morale?...seems if they are named they should be better than all other hussars...

that is all i found so far the new version looks really cool cant wait to play it...thanks for all the hard work

***edit*** posted in bug section as well
    Great feedback,

1) Fixed
    2) Fixed
    3) Fixed
    4) As intended, except for the dragoons part: I have a change I'm going to make soon, which I believe should resolve this.
    5) Fixed

Update should be up shortly-ish.

hi again...

one other thing i found neither the new Postdam Gren nor the Russian Leib Guard have the "inspire" ability im not sure if this was intended or not...but they are both elite guard units so i thought they should have it

wow that was fast!!!!

hi again...

one other thing i found neither the new Postdam Gren nor the Russian Leib Guard have the "inspire" ability im not sure if this was intended or not...but they are both elite guard units so i thought they should have it
    I'll give it a look.

hi...sage2 i have three questions:

1) Chuguevski Cossacks: what region can these be recruited in? i couldnt find any starting russian region in which they can be recruited by russia...are they recruitable in a starting russian area or in an area russia needs to conquer

2) russai starts the game with two regiments of irregular infantru (old cossack infantry) but no starting region in russia allows them to build these units...can russia ever build these units and if so in what regions?

3) in ur notes u state that the streletsy become obsolete but i find that any russian building can build them...how and when do they become unbuildable?

H/M Dutch campaign / year 1706 / vers 1.21

- The UP can only have one "dutch line inf"? Ok, itīs a small country but only one national unit is a bit harsh me think... is it intended?

- westphalian line (I conquered them) is green colored. This is as it should be, right?

- what Battle difficulty do you redommend in this version? (do you play?)

nice work as always! thanks!

greetz

hi...sage2 i have three questions:

1) Chuguevski Cossacks: what region can these be recruited in? i couldnt find any starting russian region in which they can be recruited by russia...are they recruitable in a starting russian area or in an area russia needs to conquer

2) russai starts the game with two regiments of irregular infantru (old cossack infantry) but no starting region in russia allows them to build these units...can russia ever build these units and if so in what regions?

3) in ur notes u state that the streletsy become obsolete but i find that any russian building can build them...how and when do they become unbuildable?
    1) Southern areas, such as Crimean, Georgia and Chechneya.

2) Correct, they cannot recruit them.

3) With a fairly low building level (though I don't remember what exactly), you won't be able to build them. I would prefer to tie their recruitment to a date, but I can't do that.

I am playing with 1.20 on a game started with 1.10 as UP. I currently have about 4 units of Dutch line so you should be able to recruit more unless something has changed. Yes, Westphalians are green. Love the look of a multinational army.

I have noticed that with 1.20, in my caribbean possessions, both militia and colonial line infantry are called "colonial regiment of foot" or something (they are both the same) although the stats are different so it matters little.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    I am playing with 1.20 on a game started with 1.10 as UP. I currently have about 4 units of Dutch line so you should be able to recruit more unless something has changed. Yes, Westphalians are green. Love the look of a multinational army.

I have noticed that with 1.20, in my caribbean possessions, both militia and colonial line infantry are called "colonial regiment of foot" or something (they are both the same) although the stats are different so it matters little.
    The "militia" will have (Substandard) after their name to indicate that they are not fully trained or equiped.

Quote Originally Posted by derbiber View Post
    H/M Dutch campaign / year 1706 / vers 1.21

- The UP can only have one "dutch line inf"? Ok, itīs a small country but only one national unit is a bit harsh me think... is it intended?

- westphalian line (I conquered them) is green colored. This is as it should be, right?

- what Battle difficulty do you redommend in this version? (do you play?)

nice work as always! thanks!

greetz
    The UP should be able to have 6 or 8 Dutch foot units, don't remember which. Are you certain that you're not just out of money, or have others recruited already (look at your colonial possessions...).

I play everything on VH / VH. It's a challenge but very doable. I still win almost all my battles, except when I'm out numbered 2 or more to 1 by equal quality troops.