Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

Default v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

v1.70
    CAMPAIGN
    - IMPORTANT: DUE TO EXTENSIVE CHANGES MADE TO THE STARTPOS.ESF FILE, YOU MUST START A NEW CAMPAIGN AFTER INSTALLING TROM v1.70
    - Reworked difficulty levels: "Easy" now corresponds with what used to be "Medium" difficulty. Bonuses/penalties in "Medium" and "Hard" are mostly identical, the difference between them lies in AI aggressiveness and diplomatic reasonability, and success rates for subterfuge missions. "Very hard" is mostly unchanged.
    - Revised victory conditions in the Short and Prestige campaigns.
    - AI governments are less vulnerable to revolutions (i.e. no more French Republic in early game).
    - Major factions start with a number of techs already researched, depending on their historical bias.
    - 13 Colonies, New France and New Spain will remain protectorates until about 1725. This keeps AI Britain, France and Spain more competitive in Europe.
    - Pirates and Barbary States start neutral with most minor and some major factions: this keeps factions such as Prussia from wasting their armies in North Africa early in the game.
    - The war between the Mughals and Maratha can go either way. Tip: the winner is usually the side you trade with.

RECRUITMENT
    - The generic "Provincial Regiment of Foot" is gone. Only Prussia (Fusiliers) and Sweden (Indelta Regiments) have provincial units. Instead, the basic Line Infantry is more readily available within your own territories and you will always find a (generic, region specific, or colonial) Line Infantry unit in foreign lands. Note that the British "Provincial" units are their Colonial units.
    - A major nation's basic line infantry will never have lower stats than a generic unit. With few exceptions, a conquered nation's unit will have lower morale.
    - Revised building and tech bonuses: barracks and military harbours give a recruitment cost reduction.
    - Many naval units are now available in trade harbours, but at higher cost.
    - AI (especially minor factions) will build much less militia and non-military ships.

BATTLE MECHANICS
    - Reworked battle mechanics (the kv_rules table), morale and projectile values, making them closer to TROM2 NTW.
    - Revised unit stats: the main change is that melee defence values have been halved for all infantry.
    - Faster reloading when using Mass Fire, so Grenadier units will outshoot non-elite Line Infantry.
    - Revised unit categories and abilities of many units.
    - Pre-European style infantry (Ottomans, Maratha and Mughals) use independent fire, keeping them more competitive throughout the game. This may make them slightly overpowered in the early stages, but the European factions (player and AI) will have obtained Fire by Rank by the time they start to appear in numbers.

NAVAL BATTLES
    - Early naval units and non-military vessels have a range of 500, larger frigates and SOL's have 750.
    - 32-gun frigates are listed as "5th rate", 24-gun frigates (new unit) function as 6th rates.
    - Revised naval unit stats.

OTHER
    - RTI campaign made fully functional with TROM.
    - A few new units, such as Bombardiers de la Marine (French Colonial Grenadiers), 24-gun frigates, Ottoman Regiment of Foot (for European nations that conquer Ottoman homelands).
    - Some of the more common character traits (e.g. "Jughead") should appear less frequently.
    - Many text fixes (at last, no more "intergrated artillery"!), fixed vanilla typos in Dutch person names and ship names, and renamed units.
    - Removed post-revolutionary French units from Late Custom Battles. If you want to play Napoleon, play TROM2 NTW ;-)
    - Added preset army selections that were missing in Custom Battles.
    - Added a TROM logo to the main screen.
    - Loading screens from the old separate TROM_media.pack are now included in this install. To use them, activate TROM_loadingscreens.pack with ModManager.
    - No replenishment in enemy lands - mod by T.C. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=545672)
    - Animation mods - tiyafeh (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283428)
    - Pikemen animation fix - Primergy (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=371796)
    Last edited by Johan217; July 19, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Default Re: v1.20 Feedback

Any Walloon guards in my future? I thought they were in 1.15 but when I took flanders and built the required buildings...they weren't there. Unless I am missing something.

Also, will there be any compatability issues with the future CA units to be released?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

PERSONALLY, downloaded part 2 twice and found the trom_flags file corrupted both times?

Just me?

Kiljaden's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    PERSONALLY, downloaded part 2 twice and found the trom_flags file corrupted both times?

Just me?
    Ditto on trom_flags.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Any Walloon guards in my future? I thought they were in 1.15 but when I took flanders and built the required buildings...they weren't there. Unless I am missing something.

Also, will there be any compatability issues with the future CA units to be released?
    Hmmmm... Walloon Guards should be buildable in Flanders. Anyone else had a problem with? I hate to ask, but this was with an unmodified version of startpos.esf that was in v1.10, yes? Also, you had start a fresh campaign with v1.10, correct? One last q -- which faction were you playing?

I do not know how CA will release the 'optional' units. Right now, there's no reason that they shouldn't work fine, although there may be game balance issue (i.e. the new Russian Grenadier unit throws grenades), and the units may be redundant (Russian can already recruit grenadiers in Trom).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaden View Post
    Ditto on trom_flags.
    The old version of trom_flags should work fine (there were not any changes to it).

I think this is the mediafire file corruption at play. Let me work on a mirror.

EDIT: uploading Part 2 to filefront now -- hopefully it will complete!
    Last edited by sage2; May 21, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

Hmmm, I'll have to check. I am pretty sure that I am using your 1.10 start pos file moded only for 3 turns. Started a new campaign with the dutch and took flanders. Maybe I haven't built the right buildings??? If nobody else has had the problem, then it is operator error on my part. I have no problem recruiting other AOR units.

Can't wait to try out the new units...I'll have to invade Hannover now

Hmmm, I'll have to check. I am pretty sure that I am using your 1.10 start pos file moded only for 3 turns. Started a new campaign with the dutch and took flanders. Maybe I haven't built the right buildings??? If nobody else has had the problem, then it is operator error on my part. I have no problem recruiting other AOR units.

Can't wait to try out the new units...I'll have to invade Hannover now
    What level of army building did you build? Walloon Guards requires a very advanced building.

hmm, nice, new version, i will test it when i get home from work.

(btw, what exactly is French Privateer? gimme a little spoiler

edit: dont know if it was ever reported,but i found a little bug in arty behavior - if arty gets into melee and they have some casaulties, and you order them to reocuppy the guns, then they will pread proportionally to all guns. Problem is, that if there is a less than 4 men for a gun, that crew will never fire the gun... they will load and cover as if they were firing,but they never do...
    Last edited by JaM; May 21, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

The privateer is a narrow-hulled French corvette, design for commerce raiding close to France. It is inexpensive to maintain, and has a larger crew (and thus, even shorter campaign move range) than a standard corvette.

Nice, what hull it is based on? Carronade Frigate?

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Nice, what hull it is based on? Carronade Frigate?
    Sloop, actually. French privateers ranged in size quite a bit, but most of them were quite small.

At some point, I might add a large french privateer based on a frigate.

I don't know...not the top one yet, but the next one down. Thats probably the issue. When I get a chance to play i'll get more info and look at the previous AOR posts.

I don't know...not the top one yet, but the next one down. Thats probably the issue. When I get a chance to play i'll get more info and look at the previous AOR posts.
    You need an Army Staff College / Palace, i.e. the top building.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

New units? In the next patch?
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    New units? In the next patch?
    It's not clear whether it will be delivered in the patch or not, but CA stated they would be releasing a Russian Grenadiers unit as the first of future units. I figure we can steal the skins if they're nice.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Bugger, just added highlanders and marines and I just finished adding flagbearers to match all unit colors, took buglers away from all rangers and gave them same unit officers, gave dragoons furgason riflemen as bugler and as officer and half way through adding TGOTRE, Realistic Prussia, mrthibs revolution France', all of toons and lego's units to 1.15 and you release 1.2 btw adding clansmen as the scottish line infantry bearers, drummers and officers makes them look more, well scottish. guss its time to cross analyse the new files.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

there's a trom_text.pack in both pack1 and pack2 of the mod. Either .pack seems to work as my regiment of foot shows up as "line infantry"

I still play v 1.15 but my Austria 4th raters seem don't fire when enemy in range. Their range is 1100 but an AI brig fire 3 times before my ships return fire. Is it a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry24 View Post
    I still play v 1.15 but my Austria 4th raters seem don't fire when enemy in range. Their range is 1100 but an AI brig fire 3 times before my ships return fire. Is it a bug?
    I'll test this out.

EDIT: I could not duplicate this. My Austrian 4th raters opened fire at the correct distance. The computers did as well.
    Last edited by sage2; May 22, 2009 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast