Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

Welcome to the forum bbe, and the wonderful world of TATW

A great part of MOS content are optional submods, meaning that you'll get up a Yes or No-scroll when starting the campaign so you can chose weither to use that particular submod or not. Immortal Heroes as well as Immortal Nazgûl are optional for example
    Some content on the other hand is not, like many additional units, the rebalanced unit system (stats and costs) and aestethics for example. Edit: ninjad by Ovarion ^^

Not unless you ask if someone who has Warman's work can reupload it. Suggest you post in the thread for that in such case.

Edit 2: you can't edit posts until you've reached post 25 (and possibly a certain amount of time has to pass as well, don't remember that ATM)
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 30, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

What does MOS stand for? And does it have the Dunedain invasion?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Massive Overhaul Submod and yes it has

Didn't I answered your questions already in an earlier post?

That mod is also included in some compilations, including MOS
    Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419958
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 30, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

So basically, at the beginning of the campaign you can pick and choose which options you would like to effect your campaign?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Not all options but most scripts can be accepted or declined at the beginning of a campaign.
    I suggest you try it out, it's really good

Definitely! I just looked at the link and all of the sudmods! Thanks for the help.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

No problem! Enjoy the game and don't forget to thank the creators of both MOS and TATW!
    If you encounter any problems with the mod, you can post them in the MOS thread (the on in the link)

Quote Originally Posted by bbe View Post
    Also (can't find the edit button, sorry for double post) if MOS isn't the best one, then what is? Or what are some of your personal favorites. I'm open to anything though a compilation is more what I'm aiming for.
    As Ngugi said, for editing your posts you need to make at least 25 posts and be a TWC member for at least one week. And you can check this WIP Guide for new TWC members.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

lots of good answers thanks guys! I'm glad the submods are optional, makes my choice that much easier to make

also wondering, is there a sub mod that makes women/queens/princesses available on the map as diplomats/governors/even generals?
    Last edited by Emperor of Hell; November 01, 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Double post

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

This is the only one that adds some things you want not all
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=457639

ahh and I assume I can't just add the princess features from that mod onto a version with MOS installed? I installed MOS yesterday and as I understand it you can't have multiple submods running or something? (sorry for all these questions lol)

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Yes you can! Look here for multiple installations for submods!
    Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528275

And that submod (Return of the King) is MOS-compatible, so it will work with MOS! There are some sub-submods made for MOS!
    Expanded map by MikeGolf LINK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=552577
    Director's cut by dIRECTOR LINK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=564038

I don't mind answering

You should know however that MOS opened a new thread, with the 1.4 version coming up
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 01, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Ah ok so one last set of questions for now (I swear!)...

since it's MOS compatible can I just drop it into the folder or do I still have to follow the steps in the multiple installation thread?
    Also say I want to add some of Baron Samedi's mods that weren't included in MOS (i.e Oathbreakers), I must follow the steps in that thread?
    Last question..not really mod related, cavalry charges seem off to me. Often times the cavalry tends to ride up to the enemy and stop right before or kinda run into their group but not do any trampling. Am I doing it wrong or is calvary trampling 'nerfed' in third age? I used to be able to do it in vanilla Medieval...is there a sub mod for that?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Hahah I seriously don't mind!

The installation of sub-submods can be done in the same folder! You don't need to follow the steps! Just follow the steps in the submod first post, the creator explains how you can isntall it
    If you want to add something from Baron Samedi's submod to your MOS submod I am afraid it won't work...those 2 are not compatible and probably never will be

I don't really know what your mean as my cavalry charges normally end up with the enemy routing haha
    I don't think it is nerfed cause most cavalry still ruin any other none spear/pikemen infantry unit...
    But If your cavalry stops charging right before impact you should let them charge the unit behind the first one, this way they (sometimes) run straight through the first unit instantly causing them to rout

thanks man appreciate it.

Too bad for baron samedi but that's alright, and I probably just suck at calvarying, I'll figure it out eventually then.

Actually, there is one more thing...(lol) I'm playing through the Lorien elves and had a High Elves play abit before that and noticed that after installing MOS the unit prices went wayyyyyyy up. About 1200-1400 per unit. I'll admit I read the readme but didn't go into detail on any balancing mod there could have been so is this intentional because of how 'skilled' elven units are or did something mess up along the way?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Glad to help you out!

No it's correct, the prices are resembling the low population of the Elves, there were few left in the Third Age, most travelled to Valinor.
    Those who stayed are far more superior to any orc unit so that explains the price...
    If you don't like these prices and they ruin your game you could use this guide:
    LINK: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=568344 (please rep the maker)
    Or I could show you how to change the prices, just send a private message and I will explain it to you...(I consider this cheating)

But the balancing is great in MOS, done by trailhog250, and I suggest you try it out! It really gives you a challenge when playing the Elves
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 02, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

The price put me off at first but since the Lorien elves are well isolated my finance is pretty good (well..for me..about 2500-3000 profit a turn) the unit cost doesn't bother me. What I do wish however is that the elven archers wouldn't miss so damn much, I know it's for balance's sake but it's really weird when what's supposed to be the best archers miss the majority of their shots.

I like the challenge of the price as Lorien but as the High Elves I couldn't seem to avoid going into the negative really quickly and once I dug out of that the profit per turn was so low that it would have taken me 5 turns for 1 unit (yes..that bad).

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

There are many guides for playing the HE! In short, move capital to Mithlond in first turn to reduce corruption and built roads and farms first, the Quendi units can hold out against most Orc units and you won't be attacked for several turns (Save Imladris).

Link to a guide for the High Elves: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=561003

You can increase their accuracy but as friendly fire can't be disabled your own units will suffer too from this...from a lesser distance (say half their range) their accuracy greatly increases and they are still very, very deadly...So for the gameplay Elves aren't as excellent as described in the books (Or as you can see in the movies) but they are by far the best archers in TATW
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 03, 2012 at 05:39 AM.

So I installed my favourite mod TATW again and would like to know if there are mods that add lots of new buildings. I like building up my cities

PCP mate, the link to it is in my signature. Enjoy!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.