Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mataputas View Post
    Hi there! Is there any submod which includes "historical battles" such as pelennor fields, helm's deep, etc? I know the vanilla tatw already includes some, but not these two afaik.

Thanks!
    Hi!

You can try these:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orical+battles
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/battles-of...r-third-age-tw

Hey folks,

I've played TATW on and off for a while now; I've tried DaC and MOS and am currently almost finished a gondor campaign in MOS. The one issue I've come across time and time again is bad ai in siege battles. It's worst in Cair Andros where the ai will send 2 siege towers to your walls and the rest of the army will simply line up outside the walls, and in Minas Tirith where the ai knocks down the gate and sits in the square doing nothing until the timer runs out. Does anyone know whether MOS and DaC tweak the ai or if there are other mods that might provide a solution for this? Also any tips that I can use when dealing with the ai are also welcome

Thanks!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I know the Alternative Patch sub-mod has done a lot of work on custom settlements within the confines of the game engine to make sure the AI does its best during sieges, it could be worth checking out if you are after something like that.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; January 12, 2017 at 06:38 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tougua View Post
    Hey folks,

I've played TATW on and off for a while now; I've tried DaC and MOS and am currently almost finished a gondor campaign in MOS. The one issue I've come across time and time again is bad ai in siege battles. It's worst in Cair Andros where the ai will send 2 siege towers to your walls and the rest of the army will simply line up outside the walls, and in Minas Tirith where the ai knocks down the gate and sits in the square doing nothing until the timer runs out. Does anyone know whether MOS and DaC tweak the ai or if there are other mods that might provide a solution for this? Also any tips that I can use when dealing with the ai are also welcome

Thanks!
    Cair Andros was taken out of the latest version of MOS for being a buggy mess in more ways than one. That one should no longer trouble you. The problem in Minas Tirith also really should not be happening.
    MOS and DAC definitely tweak the AI, but there is only so much modders can do, given the hard-coded limits of the game. With the nature of some custom settlements and the difficulty of modding the AI, this is probably the best we are going to get unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    I know the Alternative Patch sub-mod has done a lot of work on custom settlements within the confines of the game engine to make sure the AI does its best during sieges, it could be worth checking out if you are after something like that.
    The thing is that MOS uses most of Leo's settlements already and to the best of my knowledge DAC uses all of them, so unfortunately you are not going to see massive improvement. In some cases there might be less instances of enemy troops not moving at all, as Leo's settlements are made with his map in mind and DAC & MOS might have some pathing issues.

Icon5 what sub mod got more units or factions to play?

Hello everybody, i install M2TW again and i wanna play Third Age. I remember that before there was a submod got more faction on third age.
    I want to give me suggestions of submods to play.
    Is there any way to add units to Third Age?
    Is there any way to full control AI in battle or is there any possibility of increasing the number of unit cards per general. Example from 20 to 40 or something like that?
    Thanks

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: what sub mod got more units or factions to play?

Every one of the large submods to TATW, except Official Patch, adds factions. Most factions is in DaC and PCP. Most units I presume are in DaC, MOS and PCP.
    If merely more of those things are what you want, I'd suggest DaC.
    Yes, you can mod in units. You find tutorials in the Mod Workshop: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources
    Nope and nope.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank u . can i play DaC and MOS together? or need choice only onde?

You can have both installed (I have five installations of TATW and TATW-submods ATM), just do not install DaC and MOS into the same folder, then nothing will work: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

which sub-mod would people recommend for a hot-seat campaign? knowing that some features do not work in hot-seat mode.

Default Custom Settlements

Hello there,

which submods have most custom settlements for the minor and less important cities/villages? For me it's all about immersion, so when i do battle in little villages i don't want to see the vanilla Medieval 2 settlement types.
    Last edited by Medieval Knight; October 27, 2017 at 04:12 PM.

Check with DaC; not sure if their none-M2 generic settlements are in the latest released version or not.

thanks man. another thing what just came into my mind is proper defending. which submod handles it best that AI defends their cities with big armies instead of small garrisons. if that is even possible. I guess probably there are garrison scripts needed for this to work.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Knight View Post
    thanks man. another thing what just came into my mind is proper defending. which submod handles it best that AI defends their cities with big armies instead of small garrisons. if that is even possible. I guess probably there are garrison scripts needed for this to work.
    DAC IMHO
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Is there any mod that lets you recruit local units?

Hi guys, I love this mod, definitely the best for Medieval 2. However, from my time playing vanilla with Stainless Steel, one thing I miss is recruiting local units from the region you are in. Like if you conquered the holy land, you'd be able to recruit Templars, or North Africa, and you'd be able to recruit Africans.

Is there any mod like this? How hard would it be to modify files to make this possible?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Is there any mod that lets you recruit local units?

there is no mod like his AFAIK
    I dont know how hard it is to mod however sorry
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

are ther eany hobbit reskin mods going around? Prefferably ones that add units, nto jsut reskin existing ones, and addtion of dale etc.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Hello everyone, I have been looking for this submod that had this scripted event that when playing as Rhun or Khand you could turn to the good side and you would be rewarded with Eastern dwarf reinforcements and two armies led by the Blue Wizards, does anyone remember this one? Many thanks
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Hi, I think it was the Khand script in Divide and Conquer.

Default Third Age Total War Baron Samedi's Gameplay Enhancing Submods Compilation for TATW 3.1

Hello everybody,

can someone told me were i can find, Baron Samedi's Submods Colection for Third Age Total War?

unfortunately the download links are no longer active. I would be really happy if one of you could help me, maybe one of you still has the file and could send it to me.
    I have already tried to contact Baron Samedi here in the forum, but the last time he was active was in 2016.
    First and foremost, I am looking for the Additional Units Mod [AUM] 3.0 released for TATW 3.2 which was created by the user augostinos,
    but of course I would also be very happy about the complete submod collection.

Thanks in advance.

Aurgezel

Link to the post in the forum of baron Samedi:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-V5-0-RELEASED!!!

Link to the post in the forum of Augostinos:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-for-TATW-3-2

Hi,

One link for Baron's compilation is here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post12390277
    And another one here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post14392324