Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Re: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    well it depends on what you mean with "harder battles"; in any case rising difficulty will increase sensibly AI's troops morale and this will surely increase battle time, but AFAIK it does not affect other units' stats in any way (no things such as increased attack or armor for instance). Furthermore, I'll suggest you to keep using Huge size, as this will increase battle lenght even more.

on archers: in Vanilla TATW (and in some submods) archers in general are a little bit overpowered, I guess this depends on the fact that Elven ones are usually awesome, and so overall all of them have been tuned up. IIRC DaC's archers are slightly "worst" than the average of other submods.
    Thanks Flinn

But I was wondering if there was a submod that would improve the armour of all units and nerf the damage of archers. Big unit sizes get too crowded on the battle map for me.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

But I was wondering if there was a submod that would improve the armour of all units and nerf the damage of archers
    mmm not that I know of

Big unit sizes get too crowded on the battle map for me.
    I was truoubled too with huge units when I started to play TATW, but if you get used to it it's the best way to play (and enjoy) the mod

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Tiro

Default Death animations

Is there a mod that changes the death animations, to look more the ones in RTW1 ?( I talk about death animations and not kill animations, just making that clear:p )

Also better ragdoll effect, like in RTW1 when a rider gets killed when in full gallop he flys of the horse, in MTW2 like you all know the horse just stops for a second and then lays down and is dead. It feels like all the deaths are in slowmotion in MTW2.

Is all this posible in MTW2 engine?

Thanks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Death animations

The only one I know of is warman's animation mod, that come with death animations and more; only compatible with vanilla TATW it seems,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...13)&highlight=

Preview can be seen in an old thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...submod-is-next!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Any existing sound mods?

I'd like to know if there is any existing sound mod for battles that changes things like war chants when clicking on the unit. (preferably from LOTR). Appreciate any answers.

Default Re: Any existing sound mods?

Welcome to TWC, xSomewherex

Afraid not (AFAIK); sound modders are few and far between (while music modders are quite more common) hehe, so there's little work done in that department in general.

Me, kaiser1993 and Scout of Imladris made a lot of work for MOS though, which is also, least partly, used in DaC.

If you get interested in learn how to mod it yourself, here's a tutorial:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eme&highlight=
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 12, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ok thanks! I'll try that out.

Default Which is better? Divide and Conquer or MOS?

I'm thinking of trying both out but I'm not sure where to start.

Any ideas?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Which is better? Divide and Conquer or MOS?

hello Rustwhitoutmercy
    depends upon what you like do you like 20 fations or more then I would advice DAC do you want optional scripts then I would advice MOS
    you can also instal both here is how http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; August 22, 2015 at 03:15 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

hello, I just need an old files of divide and conquer. New 0.5 and 0.51 patches keeps crashing and I really want to play this sub-mod. If someone can give me old patches links (0.3 and 0.4) I will be happiest man on earth...

Just please...

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im downloading now.. OMG you are the real MVP

I just install third age total war divide & conquer but it just lag too much and on campaign map when I click on any caracter he dont speak on english. Medieval II total war and kingdoms work perfect so if anyone know what is problem...
    My graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 220. Maybe I need better graphic card?

and i downloaded tem but not worked... i see divide and conquer picture at the beginning and returning to the desktop :/ any1 can help?

Seems your problem was not because of DaC version 0.5 or 0.51 as you thought then, but something else.
    The DaC thread is where you have best chance to get help, because that is where the team and DaC-players are, though do not expect to get support for outdated versions, but give 0.51 a try again.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-51-Released

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by NoobLord View Post
    and i downloaded tem but not worked... i see divide and conquer picture at the beginning and returning to the desktop :/ any1 can help?
    Maybe there was something in the installation procedeur (don't ask me, I don't know it at all) that you didn't do or maybe you didn't install on a clean copy of vanilla 3.2?

I don't like custom settlements, basically because of glitches, unreachable terrain and more. Is there any submod that fix this issues, maybe even remove them? I really like them but I dislike glitches..

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by amd fan View Post
    I don't like custom settlements, basically because of glitches, unreachable terrain and more. Is there any submod that fix this issues, maybe even remove them? I really like them but I dislike glitches..
    try this all settelemets are fixed http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MN-FAQ-PLEASE)
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

leo.civil.uefs has fixed/updated or replaced most settlements, as well as added many more, so perhaps his Alternative Patch is the choice for you:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MN-FAQ-PLEASE)
    (ninjad by atthias)

They are also used in MOS and DaC, mods who however change and adds loads of more content, that can cause issues even if they generally are stable, so will leave it to you if you find them interesting enough to test:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sed-25-08-2015
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-51-Released

Thank you for suggestions. I tried mos and alternate patch, I have feel they aren't complete and lacks something IMO . I will try DaC later, hope it will satisfy my needs.