Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Re: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Any more insights? i am not interested in colours or clothes or number of soldiers per unit. Just in those changes that improve playability, balance, etc..

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

MOS has it's own RR/RC system (should be the same for RK and dIRECTOR's Cut).
    PCP too set it's own stats AFAIK.
    RR/RC currently only exist in TATW 3.2-compatible format for FRoME I think.

Turtle mod ought to provide a brand fresh experience.

Any mod that has a better version of ReallyBadAI than TATW should provide a smarter AI (not sure what version TATW use but it's not the latest).
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 26, 2015 at 06:12 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks, I will check all of that and try to find out what RR/RC stands for.

That was really helpful.

RR/RC mean Real Recruitment/Real Combat, it is originally (AFAIK) the name of a mod for old versions of TATW that gave all units and buildings new stats and numbers to make it as realistic as deemed possible.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Looking for a submod. Anyone can help me out?

Hey guys!

I've been playing and enjoying TATW quite a bit. However, what i find extremely bothersome is the fact that you can only build/retrain so-many units per city. It really slows down the gameplay, and it is very irritating to have a limited pool of soldiers to recruit, even if you have an adequate money supply. Is there any sub-mod that increases the amount of units i can (re)train? (or maybe a .txt file i can alter? That's fine too)

The reason why i am so annoyed by this, is playing as Eriador, and Rohan's having tough luck keeping them at bay. I got a pretty decent amount of money, but i have absolutely no soldiers to recruit - not even simple breeland/hobbit militia. I really disliked this system in MTW2 in general too as well.

I know there's a mod out there called 'Total Recruitment' by Baron Samedi, but it doesn't support 3.2, so i won't be using that.

Default Re: Looking for a submod. Anyone can help me out?

I forgot to add: When i referred to 'Rohan's having trouble keeping them at bay' - i mean Isengard.

@ fyreNL
    Never heard about it, I'm afraid, though not to my surprise I may add hehe;
    Mods generally try to prohibit and limit the risk of stack spams, and improving the pool replenishment rates would not work well with the unit prices, current overall economy and on top of it TATW scripts that prevent the AI from going bankrupt. If to boost the pools regen, for a balanced game the prices would have to be increased, overall economy nerfed and scripts removed or nerfed, all in all something few modders would bother with.

Hi!
    I've been playing vanilla TATW 3.2 for quite a while, but I always run into the same issue - it gets extremely tedious for me because of AI stack spamming. So, rather than having 2-3 interesting battles that could go either way, you have to play 20 in one turn that you will most likely win anyway.

So, are there any submods that prevent AI stack spamming or make it produce fewer armies but with more units in them?

I've googled and found Baron Samedi's Limited AI stack spam (as part of his overall compilation), but it seems to be outdated, as it was meant for 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacadey View Post
    Hi!
    I've been playing vanilla TATW 3.2 for quite a while, but I always run into the same issue - it gets extremely tedious for me because of AI stack spamming. So, rather than having 2-3 interesting battles that could go either way, you have to play 20 in one turn that you will most likely win anyway.

So, are there any submods that prevent AI stack spamming or make it produce fewer armies but with more units in them?

I've googled and found Baron Samedi's Limited AI stack spam (as part of his overall compilation), but it seems to be outdated, as it was meant for 3.1.
    Turtle mod does so: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...addon-11-10-12)

and PCP I think: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...reme-prejudice

Don't know about the situation in DaC, but you ask there too: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ease-Patch-0-3

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Is there a sub mod that reduces the terrain penalties for recruitment?

I do like the feature in principle, but waiting 13 turns for a unit of spear militia is a bit exaggerated in my opinion and leads to endless numbers of turns of just sitting there waiting for retraining...
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Default Wha's this "Good vs Evil" sub-mod I see mentioned?

the reference to a good vs evil sub-mod was made in a couple threads but I don't see it listed anywhere. Is this a feature of some other mod or compilation? My interest was piqued when I read that it was the only sub-mod that would allow/make allies useful. Would also like to know how this miracle actually plays out in game.

thanks

Default Re: Wha's this "Good vs Evil" sub-mod I see mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Is there a sub mod that reduces the terrain penalties for recruitment?

I do like the feature in principle, but waiting 13 turns for a unit of spear militia is a bit exaggerated in my opinion and leads to endless numbers of turns of just sitting there waiting for retraining...
    Not that I can recall
    Possibly PCP may have something like that, or DaC (their recuitment system is different from vanillas but don't recall if it concern terrain), you could ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivniciix View Post
    the reference to a good vs evil sub-mod was made in a couple threads but I don't see it listed anywhere. Is this a feature of some other mod or compilation? My interest was piqued when I read that it was the only sub-mod that would allow/make allies useful. Would also like to know how this miracle actually plays out in game.

thanks
    That is from Baron Samedi's: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V5-0-RELEASED!!!
    MOS had that submod for a while but that was long ago.
    Don't know of any other.

Default Re: Wha's this "Good vs Evil" sub-mod I see mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That is from Baron Samedi's: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V5-0-RELEASED!!!
    MOS had that submod for a while but that was long ago.
    Don't know of any other.
    What I was really looking for was a mod that allows us to control multiple allied cultures. TW allies have always been, and remain, useless when under AI control.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

You could set-up at Hotseat and play as all the Good/Evil factions yourself.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Hot-seat obviously the prime solution if you actually want to control other factions; otherwise any submod that is or include Total Diplomacy allow you to ally allies, force AI to accept your proposals and request 'ally invade' where an AI faction can be requested to devote all their energy to attack a neighbouring faction (in my poinion TD is the single best mod for TATW ever).

Beside the mod itself it's also found in WSC (my favourit) and MOS, dunno if implemented in any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    You could set-up at Hotseat and play as all the Good/Evil factions yourself.
    Thanks. I feel like a dumbass for not knowing that but, after all these years of owning the game, I never used hotseat.

Citizen

Blog Entries

It's all right, I've never used hotseat either (I wouldn't know where to start ), I just remember reading an AAR where the player was playing every faction so I assumed it would be possible for TATW as well.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

hello I have a question is there a way to have more population in your city from start and is it save-game combitable
    and another question how do I start the hotseat campaign and I want to control al factions and I want also to use only all good factions and I want also to use only all evil factions if the last 2 are possible
    sorry for my bad English
    greetings atttias

It's all right, I've never used hotseat either (I wouldn't know where to start ), I just remember reading an AAR where the player was playing every faction so I assumed it would be possible for TATW as well.
    Shankbot de Bodemloze could you send a link to that AAR thanks
    sorry for my bad English
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; April 26, 2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Double post, quick succession

Citizen

Blog Entries

The best place on info for setting up Hotseats is in this forum, there should be enough info there to get your started. And I'm afraid I can't find the AAR, I read it ages ago and it will be well and truly buried in the AAR forums by now.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

The best place on info for setting up Hotseats is in this forum, there should be enough info there to get your started. And I'm afraid I can't find the AAR, I read it ages ago and it will be well and truly buried in the AAR forums by now.
    thanks for the help could you remember whereabouts the AAR was?
    geetings atthias