Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Choices, choices, choices

Ok so there's too much to choose from basically:

I want the Settlements from the alternative patch
    The campaign map from Divide ans Conquer
    The beasts units(Eagles, fell beasts etc)from PcP

And then secondly; More soundtracks from the film, better quality models (like the heros 3.1) and unit cards

I really just want a more expanded vanilla, not crazy with units or fractions that seem to be there for numbers sake. I wish someone would just get permission to release an official 3.3 and higher so i don't have to decide and there's no compatability issues

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Choices, choices, choices

Quote Originally Posted by Ez0rus View Post
    I really just want a more expanded vanilla, not crazy with units or fractions that seem to be there for numbers sake. I wish someone would just get permission to release an official 3.3 and higher so i don't have to decide and there's no compatability issues
    Though, whoever made a 3.3, would made it to their image of what the best TATW experience should be (which may not be what you want) - and that modders do when they create the submods already, and as quickly as you blink there would be submods to a 3.3 to chose between (beause there would be loads of modders that do not concur on what the best TATW experience should contain), so it would be no difference from now

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: Choices, choices, choices

Ah If only KK would come back, just abandon his life responsibilities and update our favourite TW mod. (So selfish of him)

Any way I'm trying out the DaC map for vanilla for now I would like the updated UIs and unit cards from DaC But I just don't want allllll those factions

Talk about:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Submod for Hotseat Games?

Hi I really enjoy to play Third Age together with an friend on one PC in hotseat mode.

But I think that most of the Submods for this Mod aren't really compatible with HS.
    Does anyone of you know some good submods to play HS-Games?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Submod for Hotseat Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake123 View Post
    Hi I really enjoy to play Third Age together with an friend on one PC in hotseat mode.

But I think that most of the Submods for this Mod aren't really compatible with HS.
    Not as far as I know, mods seldom take HS int account as it impose a lot of limitations, especially to scripts.

There has been discussions to create one, among the HS players mind you, but it never come to fruition to my knowledge. Possibly because HS players actually play, and I have a saying, "Modders don't play" based on experience
    You might check in the HS forum if they are still working on it?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

no played in a long while
    what thinking of installing MOS what sub mod is the best to go with it as there is 3

is MOS the best collection of submods for TATW?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

If you ask me, yes it is
    It adds a new map (older version of the DAC map, but hey) with two new factions (Lorien and Dunland), loads of awesome scripts that can be selected or ignored with popup screens and loads of other cool stuff.
    In case you are going to install MOS, don't forget to check out the Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS. If you install that one, you can not only reforge the Kingdom of Arnor, but also join together Gondor and Arnor. There are lots of additional (huge) extras for especially Rhûn, Dale and Gundabad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    If you ask me, yes it is
    It adds a new map (older version of the DAC map, but hey) with two new factions (Lorien and Dunland), loads of awesome scripts that can be selected or ignored with popup screens and loads of other cool stuff.
    In case you are going to install MOS, don't forget to check out the Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS. If you install that one, you can not only reforge the Kingdom of Arnor, but also join together Gondor and Arnor. There are lots of additional (huge) extras for especially Rhûn, Dale and Gundabad too.
    Thanks i will check this out think ill go with that combo

Is there any big game breaking bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by romanlegion13th View Post
    Thanks i will check this out think ill go with that combo

Is there any big game breaking bugs?
    In RK there is a bug as part of the Heirs of Rhovanion script that will give you a CTD when playing Dale after taking a certain settlement, but that's going to be fixed in the next version.
    Not much beyond that: just remember to install the bugfixes (3 of them) for MOS (and in general read the install instructions very carefully) and you should be absolutely fine.

Thanks alot [emoji4]

Quote Originally Posted by Drake123 View Post

PCP is setup for hotseat with all factions and in all campaigns. Can't remember what the file is called but there is only one file you have to edit to get hotseat working in any mod. How well it works is a different matter though as some scripts may not function properly when there is more than one non-AI faction. Never tried hotseat myself other than to test multiple factions at once in my mod. I would upload the file for you if I could remember the name of that damn thing... so long ago. I'll upload a mini mod if I run across the file, it should be compatible with all submods. DAC already uses my menu files so maybe hotseat works for that submod too.
    Last edited by alreadyded; December 21, 2014 at 03:15 AM.

Default The most stable submod compilation?

Which submod compilation is currently the most stable? I don't mind the occasional bug but I'm more interesting in booting up the game and playing as much as I can on my days off as opposed to constantly hassling with changing code and dealing with bugs. I am relatively noob with mods - the most I've ever done was download extensive mods for Dragon Age: Origins (took hours but was totally worth it) and then Stainless Steel (which was super easy because of the inbuilt installer).

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The most stable submod compilation?

MOS, FROGS, DAC, most of the submods are pretty stable now, ofcourse none of them are perfect. Just try them out and see for yourself.

Hello there,

I'm new to Third Age Total War and wanted to ask some questions concerning the submods. I've tried DaC and MOS and came to the conclusion that MOS in combination with Reunited Kingdom is the best Middle-earth experience I could have wished for. But there are several elements of other submods I would be glad of to be included in RK, as well. So, is there any chance that the new models of the Hobbit movies which are created by another modder at this moment will ever be included into MOS or RK? I'd also love it if Leo's new custom settlements, especially movie Gundabad were included. Does anyone know whether there are plans to integrate these elements?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf-the-Grey View Post
    Hello there,

I'm new to Third Age Total War and wanted to ask some questions concerning the submods. I've tried DaC and MOS and came to the conclusion that MOS in combination with Reunited Kingdom is the best Middle-earth experience I could have wished for. But there are several elements of other submods I would be glad of to be included in RK, as well. So, is there any chance that the new models of the Hobbit movies which are created by another modder at this moment will ever be included into MOS or RK? I'd also love it if Leo's new custom settlements, especially movie Gundabad were included. Does anyone know whether there are plans to integrate these elements?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English.
    As far as I know (and I know a lot ) the dwarven unit models were sort of integrated but then scrapped because they didn't work properly. I don't know about any new custom settlements, but I have my doubts that Gundabad is going to be included.
    You might have better luck asking in the RK thread though. That way Mike will see it and might get an idea or two

Default Opinion on Must have sub mods?

i'm seeing playthrough with mods, so what do you guys think?
    i simply have the base third age.
    and if you're willing, can you give reasons?

Default Re: Opinion on Must have sub mods?

My opinion is to just check out what you personally like the best. I prefer Divide and Conquer simply because of the better map, improved AI, new factions and units and usage of Leo's unofficial patch in the campaign map.
    Tho other people may prefer MOS for their reasons, or PCP, or FROGS, alot of people still prefer even vanilla TATW. You should just give each one a go i think and then see what you like the most.

I do like vanilla, but i feel like, it's too slow, rhun is too op, and the ai makes strange decisions, like for dwarves, i have to babysit dale or they get wipped out by rhun.

is it possible to do mos and dec?

Default Armor upgrades for Dunedain Rangers and such

I swear there was submod that had 2 or 3 different levels of armor upgrades for dunedain rangers, wardens, and 2 handed swordsman that involves gauntlets and chainmail coverings...can anyone point me to that mod...thanks