Thread: How News is reported from Iraq

This is an excellent article i came across written by a journalist over there. He talks about how news is reported over there, and how it ends up sounding over here.

http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/2005/05/and...t-of-story.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its obvious that News has become more of a business than a public service, but should it be? News is a business that shouldnt be about ratings, and be about things that show the facts and the story. For a month straight we heard absolutley NOTHING from Iraq, then acouple Marines got killed and there you go. Iraq back in the news. I would like to see some "Boring" news that actually shows whats going on over there, rather than reading about how the world is constantly coming to an end.

Any thoughts?

Give rep! For i have none.

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

This site is full of media analysis, including Iraq, and the dynamics of corporate media. Crucially, these people are not journalists, and don't feel the need to justify what journalists do, unlike the writer of the first article who tried to persuade us that it is rediculous to put value judgements on distorting the news so as to better sell advertising, something I hope we all instinctively reject.