Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I was unable to find this addressed anywhere, so here goes;

I have seemingly random freezes during battles. If I wait long enough the game recovers, sometimes it is only once per battle, but has happened as much as 4 times in one battle.

I say random because it persists after changing all kinds of paramaters. Unit scale large or hugh makes no noticable difference, unlimited men on battlefield may make a difference if 3 or more full stacks are involved.

It does seem to be more prevelent if I am using, carrage-balista, or Goethe Elephant unit.

Also seems to occure more often in winter battles, snow on the ground not necessicarily snowing.

Resolution changes and clicking effects on or off have no real effect.

Computer is 2 years old, win7 and 4 gig.

Other mods do not have this particular problem ( SPQR, EB for Rome, or Asteia for Alexander ) Nor for any of the Medeival 2 mods or Kingdom mods )

The chariots, carriage ballista or elephant units do not allow sprites, so they are much more time consuming and resource demanding. But in all of our experiences, the game should CTD instead of having "hiccups" like you described.

So I would need to narrow down the behavioral pattern. On Win 7, do you have any background task running while you are playing the Amazon TW?

What is the actual available memory the RTW game engine can use?

And how much memory buffer is in your video graphics card?

Thanks, it is so good to hear from you again.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

My system is HP Pavilion dv7 notebook.
    AMD Phenom II triple-core 2.20GHz
    4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable )
    64 bit
    Win 7 home premium SP1
    Video is AMD M880g ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    (Video is shared memory [ most likely cause])
    Paging file is 5751 initial-10k mb+ max
    At normal start up 2.6 GB of memory shows as usable.

I have over the course of time tried various turning off background processes.
    I do not run other programs while playing RTW.
    Everybody and his brother insists on putting their own process in background and there are many I cant tell if they are essential, or fluff.

I have also tried disconecting from internet so I can turn off firewall and AV.

Back in the '80s, when home computing was new, I was knowlegable of all things computer.
    In the '90s I was assembling my own home computers.
    But the world of computers advanced faster than my hobby interest could keep pace.

When I was in the market for a new computer 2 years ago, circumstances dictated a laptop. In my area there is only 1 independent computer store (prices beyond my means) so it was the Big Box Electronics store as my choice.

With my lack of knowledge of the current state of technology, I relied a lot on the geek-sales staff. I was not stupid though. I went to the store, gave the salesperson my requirements ( which included current video games ) and asked for a recommendation, this HP was the choice. Two days later I went back, made sure I got a different sales-geek, and got the same recommendation. So I was resonably confidenent in the choice.

I had no idea the memory was shared, now I know.

I love the memory sharing design, thought the idea was economical and effective. Of course except the point when both video rendering and CPU software all needed the bus.

But perhaps that may not be your problem, can you increase the video buffer size, or is it fixed?

And is there any anti-virus software threads running? If so, can you enable the anti-virus game mode?

Quote Originally Posted by allypup View Post
    My system is HP Pavilion dv7 notebook.
    AMD Phenom II triple-core 2.20GHz
    4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable )
    64 bit
    Win 7 home premium SP1
    Video is AMD M880g ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    (Video is shared memory [ most likely cause])
    Paging file is 5751 initial-10k mb+ max
    At normal start up 2.6 GB of memory shows as usable.

I have over the course of time tried various turning off background processes.
    I do not run other programs while playing RTW.
    Everybody and his brother insists on putting their own process in background and there are many I cant tell if they are essential, or fluff.

I have also tried disconecting from internet so I can turn off firewall and AV.

Back in the '80s, when home computing was new, I was knowlegable of all things computer.
    In the '90s I was assembling my own home computers.
    But the world of computers advanced faster than my hobby interest could keep pace.

When I was in the market for a new computer 2 years ago, circumstances dictated a laptop. In my area there is only 1 independent computer store (prices beyond my means) so it was the Big Box Electronics store as my choice.

With my lack of knowledge of the current state of technology, I relied a lot on the geek-sales staff. I was not stupid though. I went to the store, gave the salesperson my requirements ( which included current video games ) and asked for a recommendation, this HP was the choice. Two days later I went back, made sure I got a different sales-geek, and got the same recommendation. So I was resonably confidenent in the choice.

I had no idea the memory was shared, now I know.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

When I click on video driver, resources tab, where the memory addresses are specified, the select auto is checked, and greyed out, the option to select is not there so I assume the video buffer is fixed.

I currently use Norton 360, even disconected from internet and AV turned off, I experience the problem.
    With 360, background checks are done unless you exclude the program, and I have excluded all my games from the background app running.

Perhaps more experimentation with process and services will find a conflict, I was unable to find any Symantic threads still running after turning off AV, but many items there are rather criptic and will require me to google them individualy to see exactly what they do.

EB had a lot of problems with CTDs, and now that you mention it, 1.2 crashed a lot until the 1.2 patch where many missing sprites were added. It still has memory leak problems so I never go more than a hour without closing and restarting the game; that seemed to eliminate almost all CTDs.

I will say that I only recall 2 CTDs with your mod, both of which were several versions ago.

Far East Celtic Infantry (the spear one) is causing a CTD upon loading the battle map because of a missing .tga I think.

Cheers

Can something be done to reduce AI agression poor Amazonia gets mauled every game by Seleucids, Armens, Thrace/Macedon, Egypt, it makes playing them very unfun (Egypt and Seleucids were allies along with Geothe, Armens, Macedon)

my Amazonia game.
    Last edited by Kaiser Christoph XVIII; January 18, 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Christoph XVIII View Post
    Can something be done to reduce AI agression poor Amazonia gets mauled every game by Seleucids, Armens, Thrace/Macedon, Egypt, it makes playing them very unfun (Egypt and Seleucids were allies along with Geothe, Armens, Macedon)

my Amazonia game.
    May be the Amazonia should try to fulfilled the quest instead of worrying about fending for its realm.

Without the quest, there will be no high tech weapon to help Amazonia to defend against all the nasty invaders.

Indefinitely Banned

Icon4 Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

When i start "Amazons:Total War - Recalescedmy" monitor shows "out of range"..
    it si BENQ max resolution 1920x1080 (other mods work properly on this resolution like "amazon 3.0c" for exemple)
    in the background i hear the sound but no picture.. can some one help ...

Quote Originally Posted by outlawkg View Post
    it si BENQ max resolution 1920x1080 (other mods work properly on this resolution like "amazon 3.0c" for exemple)
    The mod has been tested on 1080p before release. The default is 1920x1200.

If you think it is the video setting, you can go to the preference folder and change the setting to whatever you feel is appropriate (like something lower res first).

GL

Just double confirmed that

The mod works fine on a Vizio 1920x1080 monitor with 8GB RAM running on quad core.

You can go to preferences.txt at AmazonsTW-Recalesced's preference folder. And change the setting to see if that makes any difference.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    The mod has been tested on 1080p before release. The default is 1920x1200.

If you think it is the video setting, you can go to the preference folder and change the setting to whatever you feel is appropriate (like something lower res first).

GL

y were wright.. my monitor max resolution is 1920x1080 and defoult is 1920x1200 /// thinks

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial shuttle buddy View Post
    Just double confirmed that

The mod works fine on a Vizio 1920x1080 monitor with 8GB RAM running on quad core.

You can go to preferences.txt at AmazonsTW-Recalesced's preference folder. And change the setting to see if that makes any difference.

i have a 2 gb ram and it works fine on 1920x1080, and all on high ,like any other mod of RTW .. thinks

2GB was tested with 1920x1080, with all set to high (but no shadow and glint) and no problem was found.

Maybe there is something else? Did you delete all the files in the mod folder and install new files?

Have you downloaded Amazon Total War 6.0K before?

Maybe it is worth a try to install that and see if that works. They are separate mod folder (AmazonTW-Reignited and AmazonsTW-Recalesced).

Indefinitely Banned

Icon14 Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial shuttle buddy View Post
    2GB was tested with 1920x1080, with all set to high (but no shadow and glint) and no problem was found.

Maybe there is something else? Did you delete all the files in the mod folder and install new files?

Have you downloaded Amazon Total War 6.0K before?

Maybe it is worth a try to install that and see if that works. They are separate mod folder (AmazonTW-Reignited and AmazonsTW-Recalesced).

main problem is beacause every version of mod (AmazonTW-Reignited and AmazonsTW-Recalesced) was relesed in 1920x1200 resolution, and default resolution of standard HD monitors is 1920x1080 like mine.. so i just change the resolution in preference txt and that solves the problem ..

main problem is beacause every version of mod (AmazonTW-Reignited and AmazonsTW-Recalesced) was relesed in 1920x1200 resolution, and default resolution of standard HD monitors is 1920x1080 like mine.. so i just change the resolution in preference txt and that solves the problem ..
    FYI, I read the test report for the Vizio, the 1920x1080 Vizio monitor is attached to a laptop as the main console, the mod works on the monitor without the need to change the resolution from the default 1920x1200 (standard WUXGA) to 1920x1080 (1080p).

But this may have to do with different device driver.

In any case, I am happy you have resolve your issue.

I have just installed 6k with patch 2. Looks good. Runs well, if a little faster than I'm used to ( new machine ). When I quit there was a pop-up reporting an error on the world map txt file at line 911, column 69, invalid tile at 184, 90 Aryleia. Is this a corruption in the download?

Quote Originally Posted by Anfindol View Post
    I have just installed 6k with patch 2. Looks good. Runs well, if a little faster than I'm used to ( new machine ). When I quit there was a pop-up reporting an error on the world map txt file at line 911, column 69, invalid tile at 184, 90 Aryleia. Is this a corruption in the download?
    No, this is exactly as intended and has been like this since release 5.0.

As you probably have read the previous post. One of the Amazon generals is on board of a ship with the Amazon fleet on the high sea at the start of the game. We did this on purpose to keep the game interesting. However, the AI saw the general's coordinate is in the water, but never check if the general's coordinate is co-located with the fleet, so it flashes an error message at the first turn of the game, saying she has invalid location.

BTW, we are onto Release 7.0 already. 6.0K is about 14 download files ago.

Thanks
    Heh, search engines. Just went with the highest code. Now I've found the forum I'll upgrade again.
    I've been unable to play Rome for a while as my old ( offline-only ) machine developed a bug where battles would hang at load screen - the red bar just carried on out of the box, off the screen and into the distance. Ctrl-Alt-Del. It was a fully patched Alexander, but whenever I try to uninstall/reinstall the fault persists. Also, it seems that Alex stays in the registry and does not disappear from the program list after uninstalling.
    So, nice to have a new machine and discover a new ATW.

Battle hang at load screen usually means that there is an animation file for battle environment went missing.

This may not be your machine but either your old Rome: Total War software got modified (like you copy a mod folder into the vanilla area), or you are using the wrong game engine.

So that brings to the next topic, none of the Amazon Total War mods ever worked with the Rome:Total War - Alexander engine. Although I personally absolutely loved the ALEX game engine, it is a very small fraction of the RTW demograph. And it just does not make sense to me to have to ask people to do special install of ALEX just so they can play Amazon TW on it.

And then finally, if ALEX stays in the registry even after you uninstall it (believe me, I have to do this many times), it means you did not uninstall the ALEX software. One possible scenarios is that maybe you had the same game engine installed at two different locations on the hard drive.

Just hope you have fun with whatever version of ATW or game engine you are playing.

PS: found the online location you talked about, the latest 3.0c is in early 2009, this website is posted late 2008, so even though its says the same revision, I personally would incline to use the newest one.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 03, 2013 at 08:50 AM.