Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

The Libyan started as a wandering faction, they had lost their homeland and need to find a place to settle.

This is a horde feature in BI to allow a faction to mobilize their nation, and because their Völkerwanderung status, they do not have to concern themselves with balancing budget as well as other functions of government body.

Upon taking over a settlement, however, their Völkerwanderung force is de-mobilized, and only the regular army would remain. And once they settle, the faction's economic formula kicks in, instead of being homeless, now they have to run their domain and balance their budget, therefore you are seeing the -3400 balance, because the ruling body now have to pay for their faction's expenses.

As far as I can tell, the game behave as what RTW/BI is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Using Version 6.0B..ran into an issue with the Libyan Amazons.. During the first turn i attacked the nearby settlement of Dimmidi with the army led by the General named Raedne.. I had no problem taking the settlement but upon capturing it i lose all of her army except 4 units, and the towns income starts at -3400.
    N ot sure if this is a bug or something that is meant to happen..but either way seems to be no purpose in capturing the settlement currently
    thnx..off to play some more
    Last edited by parthian shot; November 25, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

woah..nvm..-deleted post- I didn't see this page
    Last edited by z3n; November 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: mistake

Default RI 6.0b won't launch properly

I've installed 6.0b exactly as 6.0a (at least I believe so). For some reason the mod doesn't start, but instead the regular BI with its factions. No amazons. Any idea why?

I just saw that 6.0c is out, but thought to report this anyway since it is strange.

Edited: problem solved, had an error in the shortcut, not defining the mod.
    Last edited by chrisb; November 26, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Tried now 6.0c, single player, factions Amazonia and Goethe. Don't ask which units as they were quite many. When the battle loaded, the process was suddently halted and the red progress bar stopped moving + music ended. Things stayed like this until I pressed esc and immediately the progress bar continued moving again and the battle was loaded.

The battle worked ok until at some point got two windows with error messages:

error filename does not exist
    /data/models_unit/scorpion_cart_scorpion.cas

/data/models_unit/scorpion_cart_scorpion.stand

(or was it \s instead of /s, not sure any more)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Tried now 6.0c, single player, factions Amazonia and Goethe. Don't ask which units as they were quite many. When the battle loaded, the process was suddently halted and the red progress bar stopped moving + music ended. Things stayed like this until I pressed esc and immediately the progress bar continued moving again and the battle was loaded.

The battle worked ok until at some point got two windows with error messages:

/data/models_unit/scorpion_cart_scorpion.cas

/data/models_unit/scorpion_cart_scorpion.stand

(or was it \s instead of /s, not sure any more)
    Sounds like the path is not re-directed correctly. No problem with caro-ballista tested before release, but I could be missing something.

Nov 27th: the 6.0c has been re-uploaded becaue the previous upload was 2mb short.
    Last edited by parthian shot; November 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    While playing I encountered a bug that occurs in both ATW reignited and ATW 3.0c. Byzantium can't be taken while using the faction Thrace.

I'm using RTW gold 1.6.
    Test results playing Thrace showing there is no problem so far taking the Byzantium settlement early in the game, will try to re-run the test to find out if there is similar issue with harbor or dockyard as in North Africa.
    Last edited by parthian shot; November 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM.

i have a problem. every time i try to launch the mod this error occurs:"script error AmazonTW-reingnited/data/descr_sm_factions.txt line 38 column 1 'horde_min_unit' is not supported". please tell me how to fix it i really want to try your mod.

Are you running mod folder out of RTW 1.5 or RTW/BI ?

This mod only works if you launch the mod out of the BI game engine. On Steam, it is not automatically called out, you would need to select the option (BI) below the main option (RTW).

If you do not have RTW/BI 1.6, you can purchase the RTW Gold Package in store or online for a very reasonable price and the Gold Package has both RTW and BI.

Quote Originally Posted by zchalker View Post
    i have a problem. every time i try to launch the mod this error occurs:"script error AmazonTW-reingnited/data/descr_sm_factions.txt line 38 column 1 'horde_min_unit' is not supported". please tell me how to fix it i really want to try your mod.
    Last edited by parthian shot; November 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM.

thank you for your help i got to the menu, but when i try to do a battle it stops loading and an error message come on and says:"file Amazon_model_unit_bodyguard.CAS does not exist". is there a fix to this?

Quote Originally Posted by zchalker View Post
    thank you for your help i got to the menu, but when i try to do a battle it stops loading and an error message come on and says:"file Amazon_model_unit_bodyguard.CAS does not exist". is there a fix to this?
    Sounds like the modfolder has files locations placed in the wrong path.

Can you provide more details ? like which faction, and how many units were in the battle, and what location the custom battle is fought ?

Be sure that you read the readme file called "Amazon Total War Re-ignited Readme.txt" file first, and follows the instruction for Steam as well as other setups.

Also the readme file has SubRosa's installation instruction which is very self-explanatory, particularly the file hierarchy, that you have to make sure the directory looks like this

For example,

"rome total war gold"-
    +BI
    +data
    +AmazonTW-Reignited

That AmazonTW-Reignited is a peer to BI and data folder, not inside the RTW or BI folder.
    Last edited by parthian shot; November 29, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

the factions were the amazonians and the egyptians. i used 20 units for amazon and 10 units for egyptians.and it was located on the british grasslands.
    i have read the readme and did both setups- not at the same time- and i followed every instruction and did as it told. if it helps im using 6.0b.

Could you try to download 6.0c instead ?

Laetus

Icon5 Balance Issues

(Hi, I had a really nice detailed post till this F#%$ing website logged me out while I was writing it so when I went to post it, it said I wasn't logged in and lost all my info, I was only typing for 45 mins.
    This is not an attack merely constructive criticism and some questions i have, any shortness is from my anger at this site right now and the pain in my knuckle's caused indirectly by this website.)

I like the mod, I have 3.0C and I liked some of the changes. I was playing as VH/VH as Amazonia and I found somethings to be unbalanced or confusing. I was hoping for any feed back you can give and would welcome others to post anything they found too. I know there is another area for these questions but was hoping to get some fresh posts here.

In 27 battles I won with only 200-300 women, 4 generals and nothing else against army's 2100-3000. They were made up of 1/3 militia hoplite/phalanx, 1/3 hoplite/phalanx/spearmen, 1/3 chariots/calvary. The reason seemed to be because of the quantity of spears/javelins my generals had which seemed to over power them.

The Companion Calvary take 2 turns two recruit but are only rated 10/15 melee/defense and AmazoniaDemi-Lancer are 13/19 and the Amazonia Elite Horse Archers 8/14.

The Amazon Line Plumnatarii are way overpowered with there current missile weapons. Traditionally warriors, vikings and romans as an example, only carried 2-3 javelins/pilum into battle. I think it my help the game balance if the Amazon Line Plumnatarii only had enough missiles for 2-3 volleys.

The Amazon Xiphos Plumbatarii have a melee/defense rating of 25/31 despite being a lightly armored/mostly naked unti. Agema Axewomen 16/18 and Amazon Armored Halberdier 17/24 are suppose to be elite units but are weaker and have a lighter defense rating. With their high rating they are proving to be a more effective main line unit then either Agema Axewomen, Amazon Armored Halberdier, or Amazon Line Plumnatarii. I would think they were more of a light/supporting unit then a heavy infantry unit such as the other 3 which are all heavily armored.

Default Re: Balance Issues

Sorry to hear that you lost your original post.
    And I must admit that I have missed this thread completely until today. Your comments are more than welcome.

I am breaking your original post into sections so I can answer them one by one.

"...In 27 battles I won with only 200-300 women, 4 generals and nothing else against army's 2100-3000. They were made up of 1/3 militia hoplite/phalanx, 1/3 hoplite/phalanx/spearmen, 1/3 chariots/calvary. The reason seemed to be because of the quantity of spears/javelins my generals had which seemed to over power them..."

I take these 200-300 Amazon warriors are the general's bodyguard with double health points, armed with stand-off weapon which out-range their opponent, their missile has advanced metal technology with great armor piercing capability.
    So, yes, I don't see why they wouldn't overpower the opponents as numerous as you stated. If you encounter opposing force with horse archer units, or some units of similar stand-off capabilities, I wouldn't be so sure the battle can be so easily won.

"...The Companion Calvary take 2 turns two recruit but are only rated 10/15 melee/defense and AmazoniaDemi-Lancer are 13/19 and the Amazonia Elite Horse Archers 8/14..."

This is a deliberate "build trap" where the player must be wise to formulate his or her own tactical unit composition. Some units takes longer to train but does not mean that you get the same cost effectiveness across the board.

Similarly not all temples have equal capabilities and some cost more to build with less benefit for their region.

"...The Amazon Line Plumnatarii are way overpowered with there current missile weapons. Traditionally warriors, vikings and romans as an example, only carried 2-3 javelins/pilum into battle. I think it my help the game balance if the Amazon Line Plumnatarii only had enough missiles for 2-3 volleys..."

From historical records, such as Vegetius's writing, it states that two Roman legions in Illyricum are the 'first' among all legions, they are armed with plumbata, measured 60cm in length and each legionaire carries 5 such darts in his shield.
    What was not obvious was the method of launching these missiles, because it was stated that such missiles practically replaces archer in their units. The only way the weapon can be thrown to that range (ie 120-180 meters), is that these missiles are thrown using the pole-sling method by each legionaire, as described in my treatise on Amazonian Weaponry.

The actual missile carried by the Amazonian Plumbatarii are 1/3 the length and 2/3 in diameter of the Legionaire Plumbata, ie 4.5 cm in maximum diameter and 20cm in length. So the number of the missiles each Amazon warrior carries are correct.
    And BTW, their effective range is actually less than their stated range in the historical record.

"...The Amazon Xiphos Plumbatarii have a melee/defense rating of 25/31 despite being a lightly armored/mostly naked unti. Agema Axewomen 16/18 and Amazon Armored Halberdier 17/24 are suppose to be elite units but are weaker and have a lighter defense rating. With their high rating they are proving to be a more effective main line unit then either Agema Axewomen, Amazon Armored Halberdier, or Amazon Line Plumnatarii. I would think they were more of a light/supporting unit then a heavy infantry unit such as the other 3 which are all heavily armored..."

The stat shown on the game screen is very misleading indeed, it meant to depict the best case scenario. And in the frontal assault scenario, the Xiphos Plumbatarii warriors are not lightly armored at all. Please don't take my word for it, review your troop in the custom battle, and you will see that the Xiphos Plumbatarii units are well protected from the direction they are facing. What is true, however, is that they have no armor in the rear, but well protected in the front, assume that each trooper knows how to use her metal round shield to deflect missile and CQ attack.
    And if you examine the Agema Axewomen or Armored Halberdier, these units' protection are all around, not just to the front or to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by r88nel View Post
    (Hi, I had a really nice detailed post till this F#%$ing website logged me out while I was writing it so when I went to post it, it said I wasn't logged in and lost all my info, I was only typing for 45 mins. I was playing as VH/VH as Amazonia and I found somethings to be unbalanced or confusing. I was hoping for any feed back you can give and would welcome others to post anything they found too. I know there is another area for these questions but was hoping to get some fresh posts here.
    In 27 battles I won with only 200-300 women, 4 generals and nothing else against army's 2100-3000. They were made up of 1/3 militia hoplite/phalanx, 1/3 hoplite/phalanx/spearmen, 1/3 chariots/calvary. The reason seemed to be because of the quantity of spears/javelins my generals had which seemed to over power them.
    The Companion Calvary take 2 turns two recruit but are only rated 10/15 melee/defense and AmazoniaDemi-Lancer are 13/19 and the Amazonia Elite Horse Archers 8/14.
    The Amazon Line Plumnatarii are way overpowered with there current missile weapons. Traditionally warriors, vikings and romans as an example, only carried 2-3 javelins/pilum into battle. I think it my help the game balance if the Amazon Line Plumnatarii only had enough missiles for 2-3 volleys.
    The Amazon Xiphos Plumbatarii have a melee/defense rating of 25/31 despite being a lightly armored/mostly naked unti. Agema Axewomen 16/18 and Amazon Armored Halberdier 17/24 are suppose to be elite units but are weaker and have a lighter defense rating. With their high rating they are proving to be a more effective main line unit then either Agema Axewomen, Amazon Armored Halberdier, or Amazon Line Plumnatarii. I would think they were more of a light/supporting unit then a heavy infantry unit such as the other 3 which are all heavily armored.FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT="
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 22, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Laetus

Alright I see the merits of your argument.
    In case I am having a install error how many missiles are Amazon Xiphos Plumbatarii and Amazon Line Plumnatarii suppose to have?
    How could I change to number to make my game harder and have longer melee engagements if i wanted to.

Find the file export_descr_unit there you can change many values there's an info at the top of the file it tells you what is what.

If you remove the bp = body piercing. (Missile can pass through men and hit those behind) from the archery units they will become much less lethal.

stat_health means the hitpoints if you raise it for all units for instance the fight will take much more time until it is decided. Be careful though some units like the elephants have higher value and if you raise the hp of all infantry units some other units will loose much of their meaning.

One line in stat_pri defines the ammo a unit has example below
    Code:
    stat_pri         9, 4, javelin, 50, 6, thrown, archery, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
    50 means the range of the javelin, 6 is the number of spears this unit has, if all 6 are thrown they switch to their secondary weapon. that should give you an idea.
    Last edited by Mark Centurion; February 24, 2012 at 04:42 AM.

Laetus

Thanks for the help. I will go with lowering the amount of ammo to make my battles harder.

Be careful though some units like the elephants have higher value and if you raise the hp of all infantry units some other units will loose much of their meaning

Yeah i played a mod where Calvary and Elephants were nearly useless because of this.

I'm happy I could help. As for the hp it's a little strange the Cavalry/camels manages the hp differently.

Elephants
    Code:
    stat_health      1, 10
    the 1st number defines the hp of the rider the second of the mount in the above case the elephant

Cavalry
    Code:
    stat_health      1, 0
    Cavalry is codewise always 0

random infantry
    Code:
    stat_health      1, 0
    As in the info
    stat_health Hit points of man, followed by hit points of mount or attached animal (if applicable) Ridden horses and camels do not have separate hit points

Even if you would give a cav unit 5, 5 value only the rider will have 5 hp but I guess thats okay, just a sidenote.

Laetus

I am in the process of changing some of the values for the soldiers and I am wondering how I can find out which mod factions are which in the export_descr_unit file. It stills use the vanilla names like pontus, romans_scipii, romans_julii. Any help would be appreciated as i am trying to limit missile fire and drop and raise some units melee and defense skills to give the Romans a higher level then some of the amazonian units.
    (I am presuming that Amazonian is Pontus.)

I enjoy the mod, good job to the modder's for making an interesting vanilla mod.

roman_julii = Libyan Amazon
    roman_brutii = Sarmatian
    roman_scipii = Thyssa Amazon
    Pontus = Amazonia
    Dacia = Geothe Amazon

All the rest should be as vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by r88nel View Post
    I am in the process of changing some of the values for the soldiers and I am wondering how I can find out which mod factions are which in the export_descr_unit file. It stills use the vanilla names like pontus, romans_scipii, romans_julii. Any help would be appreciated as i am trying to limit missile fire and drop and raise some units melee and defense skills to give the Romans a higher level then some of the amazonian units.
    (I am presuming that Amazonian is Pontus.)

I enjoy the mod, good job to the modder's for making an interesting vanilla mod.