Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I have encountered something weird. Both amazon axes and agema axes become sometimes partially transparent. Affected areas are particularly stomach, neck, knees, ankles. I noticed that it appears for example when fighting in (single player) custom play against bean sidhe fiannas, swordswomen and chosen fiannas. Sometimes the problem is not there at all, and sometimes these same areas are not completely transparent, but instead they "flicker" on and off. What could be the reason?

I'm using ATW3.0c/BI, Win7/64, ATI Radeon HD5450, latest drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    I have encountered something weird. Both amazon axes and agema axes become sometimes partially transparent. Affected areas are particularly stomach, neck, knees, ankles. I noticed that it appears for example when fighting in (single player) custom play against bean sidhe fiannas, swordswomen and chosen fiannas. Sometimes the problem is not there at all, and sometimes these same areas are not completely transparent, but instead they "flicker" on and off. What could be the reason?

I'm using ATW3.0c/BI, Win7/64, ATI Radeon HD5450, latest drivers.
    Hmm haven't seen this issue myself yet (I'm on ATW3.0c/BI, WinXP Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 and some older drivers) sometimes the newer drivers doesn't work that good with older games if you switch to an older driver for your graphic card may fix this issue... maybe you need to disable certain settings in the driver options (you can experiemnt there a little) that might help too.

Androktones's Avatar Foederatus

Icon5 Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Ok well I figured I would post with my issue and see if anyone could help with pointing me in the right direction to fix it, I'm sure it's something that needs to be copied or deleted from a file somewhere.

I have played through this mod several times, (props to Subrosa) most recently as the Gorgons and I have run into an annoying bug. So far this has only happened in 3 territories but when I attempt to build the Dockyard, upon completion I crash to the desktop. I can build any and all other improvements in the settlements just not the Dockyard. The affected territories are; Icosium in Massilya, Tecape in Emporia (which owns the Hesprides), and Sabrata in Tripolitania.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Androktones

The faction should run into problem should be the Valkyrja, or Thyssa Amazon in the new Amazon TW mod.

They only have UI up to large naval boat but has unit selection up to Naval Trireme.

So far, I have not been able to Gorgon (Libyan) to CTD yet even with Dockyard completed.

But I will keep on testing and let you know if a solution is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Androktones View Post
    Ok well I figured I would post with my issue and see if anyone could help with pointing me in the right direction to fix it, I'm sure it's something that needs to be copied or deleted from a file somewhere.

I have played through this mod several times, (props to Subrosa) most recently as the Gorgons and I have run into an annoying bug. So far this has only happened in 3 territories but when I attempt to build the Dockyard, upon completion I crash to the desktop. I can build any and all other improvements in the settlements just not the Dockyard. The affected territories are; Icosium in Massilya, Tecape in Emporia (which owns the Hesprides), and Sabrata in Tripolitania.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Androktones

Thanks Parthian, I'm not actually using the alpha version of your mod, still on 3.0 of Subrosa's but I'm wondering… if you used all of the files from her mod, is there anything you changed with the city improvement tiers of the Gorgons, since your not able to duplicate my crash? I have done some coding for games before but nothing really with RTW, I don't even know how its divided up, I guess there would have to be a listing per settlement in some file.

Anyone have an idea what files could be causing the issue, I'm perfectly happy to dive in and see if I can fix the issue myself.

Androktones

As far as the Amazon culture is concerned, all Amazon factions share the same building tree. This is a standard convention for RTW and BI, it basically used the same tree for the factions which are Greek culture, different tree for the factions which are Barbarian culture, the factions which are Eastern culture, and so on.

From my experience, the crash is likely caused by the units you can recruit with that facility just got completed. When the building is completed, the AI would be looking for the UI files which should be displayed and couldn't find it, and CTD! Looks like in 3.0c the Valkyrja faction might have that issue.

So the litmus test is, if you can built a Gorgon Dockyard somewhere else and it won't crash, then the problem is map related, otherwise, it is unit related.

However, in Amazon TW 3.0c, the Gorgon has no new units recruitable with the dockyard built. Whereas, in Amazon TW Reignited, the Libyan Amazons (which is the Gorgon equivalent) can recruit high-tech warships with the dockyard being built.

Thanks Parthian, I'm not actually using the alpha version of your mod, still on 3.0 of Subrosa's but I'm wondering… if you used all of the files from her mod, is there anything you changed with the city improvement tiers of the Gorgons, since your not able to duplicate my crash? I have done some coding for games before but nothing really with RTW, I don't even know how its divided up, I guess there would have to be a listing per settlement in some file.

Anyone have an idea what files could be causing the issue, I'm perfectly happy to dive in and see if I can fix the issue myself.

Androktones

Yeah, the problem is definitely map related, I hold Carthage and a bunch of other waterfront cities and built the Dockyard without a problem. The only difference as it concerns units directly with the Dockyard is more experience for starting ships; it's not a big deal I just like to build everything when my settlement is huge. It would be nice to have something more beefy than a Trireme but such is life, Amazons were never purported to be excellent sailors.

Do you think the issue could be in the settlement file?

Androktones

I am going to test it with the new re-ignited mod to make sure at the least the new mod is ok with building a dockyard in Empria.

Yeah, the problem is definitely map related, I hold Carthage and a bunch of other waterfront cities and built the Dockyard without a problem. The only difference as it concerns units directly with the Dockyard is more experience for starting ships; it's not a big deal I just like to build everything when my settlement is huge. It would be nice to have something more beefy than a Trireme but such is life, Amazons were never purported to be excellent sailors.

Do you think the issue could be in the settlement file?

Androktones

Hi there, excellent mod from what I can see. I say that because while Quick Battle works fine, and starting a campaign with most factions is easy. However, factions without an intro movie crash to desktop as soon as I try to play an Imperial Campaign with that nation. Meaning obviously the Amazon nations, amongst others. Factions that do have an intro movie start up right after I exit out of the intro movie (SPQR, Spain, etc.)

Currently running version 1.04d on Vista. RTW, BI, etc all function normally.

As soon as ATW crashes I get the following error message:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW-BI.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 438af4c4
    Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.15.11.7991
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a422a8d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00010320
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 77e5
    Additional Information 2: 459f4f73ce4a925ed539b3b2bfabf83d
    Additional Information 3: 0232
    Additional Information 4: b9022b460e086bccc884654665ef3d9f
    Last edited by Stikoudi; September 20, 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Thank you for posting that,

Could you make sure if you have this option on your property part of the start up icon ?

or in the steam launch property

-mod:AmazonTW-Reignited -show_err -nm

The "-nm" means no movies, because neither the previous Amazon (3.0c) nor the current release comes with the intro movie. It was stated somewhere in Subrosa's readme text, I just want to make sure that the reader can still find it.

BTW, the specification about no movie might change, if you have shot video using the latest Amazon:TW-Reignited, you can PM me and post it for competition. The winner will be made a team member and receive proper credit in the subsequent release.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikoudi View Post
    Hi there, excellent mod from what I can see. I say that because while Quick Battle works fine, and starting a campaign with most factions is easy. However, factions without an intro movie crash to desktop as soon as I try to play an Imperial Campaign with that nation. Meaning obviously the Amazon nations, amongst others. Factions that do have an intro movie start up right after I exit out of the intro movie (SPQR, Spain, etc.)

Currently running version 1.04d on Vista. RTW, BI, etc all function normally.

As soon as ATW crashes I get the following error message:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW-BI.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 438af4c4
    Fault Module Name: nvd3dum.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.15.11.7991
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a422a8d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00010320
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 77e5
    Additional Information 2: 459f4f73ce4a925ed539b3b2bfabf83d
    Additional Information 3: 0232
    Additional Information 4: b9022b460e086bccc884654665ef3d9f
    Last edited by parthian shot; September 20, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

*Facepalm* Wow...I cannot believe I missed that. Thanks for the help, it functions perfectly now. Yeah, it was right there in the ReadMe, I just bungled the whole putting it into the shortcut button part.

Thanks for the help and the fantastic mod!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

While playing I encountered a bug that occurs in both ATW reignited and ATW 3.0c. Byzantium can't be taken while using the faction Thrace.

I'm using RTW gold 1.6.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Thanks for the update, I will check on that ASAP.

Do you recall if you have a harbor there when Byzantine is taken ?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Moderator Emeritus

I don't remember a port...but the crash happens at aprox. this part of the loading bar[----..........].(the dots represent empty space) Which is just after the environments...I can't remember exactly but I think that it loads the buildings after the environments.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

That is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    I don't remember a port...but the crash happens at aprox. this part of the loading bar[----..........].(the dots represent empty space) Which is just after the environments...I can't remember exactly but I think that it loads the buildings after the environments.

I have installed 3.0c into the game and for the most part everything works great, but during battle if I attempt to use the box unit select feature the game locks up. The sound keeps playing but the game locks up and I am forced to manually close the program. I have the steam Gold version and windows 7. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you provide the names of units invloved in the battle ?

I would be happy to try to replicate the issue.

Also how much RAM do you have running Windows 7 ?

Also would be interest if you install the Amazon TW 6.0a and see if the same problem occurs.

Not trying to sell you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FortuneLord2193 View Post
    I have installed 3.0c into the game and for the most part everything works great, but during battle if I attempt to use the box unit select feature the game locks up. The sound keeps playing but the game locks up and I am forced to manually close the program. I have the steam Gold version and windows 7. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Moderator Emeritus

Minimize RTW through task manager & close the command prompt box.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I tried closing the amazon command prompt and it fixed it. Thanks, I was worried it would this mod for me.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Using Version 6.0B..ran into an issue with the Libyan Amazons.. During the first turn i attacked the nearby settlement of Dimmidi with the army led by the General named Raedne.. I had no problem taking the settlement but upon capturing it i lose all of her army except 4 units, and the towns income starts at -3400.
    N ot sure if this is a bug or something that is meant to happen..but either way seems to be no purpose in capturing the settlement currently
    thnx..off to play some more