Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

hi!

i've downloaded amazon 2.5 and installed on a fresh rtw 1.5 installation, when i try to play rtw ktm with any faction, exiting the game i found a message that says error in desc_strat.txt at 6046,1

you have chosen an invalid tile (0,0) for the setllement of

i've checked the file and the line is the end of file

someone can HELP ME!!!!!!!

MANY THANKS!!!

Try using the latest version, which is 3.0c. You can find a link to it in the Download and Installation topic.

thanks
    i still don't have bi, atw 3.0 will work with rtw 1.5?
    thanks

3.0 is for BI only, so you are correct that 2.5 is the last version that will work for RTW.

Try deleting RTW\Amazon\Data\World\Maps\Base\map.rwm. If that does not work delete your entire Amazon\Data folder and all subfolders. Then reinstall ATW.

unfortunatly already done......

i was having a previous installation working... than i needed to reinstall rtw because i'm trying to make a my own map with bad results........

i've reinstalled the whole rtw and all patches till 1.5 (deleting also the activision folder in programs).

installed atw before doing everything else i had the problem....

there's something else that i can do to start a new installation from scratch?? (e.g. deleting perticulary temp folder or other)

thanks

No, that is all there is to do before making a clean reinstall.

How does playing vanilla RTW work now? You said you had problems before with mapping and the error you are posting is a map error. So I am wondering if the two are related. I suggest deinstalling RTW again from control panel, and then manually deleting everything leftover in your RTW folder. Then start again from scratch and make sure vanilla RTW works before you add ATW.

i know.... thta's why i'm asking if there's some other directory...... and i'm also wondering why before was working.... and now not.....
    anyway i will remove rtw delete activision folder and reinstall everything......
    thanks again!

This time make a copy of your RTW folder and keep it for a backup. That way in the future you will never have to uninstall and reinstall again. Just delete the bad copy, and create a new copy from your backup. I also suggest you keep a separate copy of the game for modding. I have about 6 copies of RTW on various hard drives.

nothing..... same problem i've tried rtw 1.5 6046than installed atw 2.5 the error says 6046,1 that is the end of desc_strat
    any other suggestion ?
    thanks
    mao

So the error is happening in vanilla RTW then, before you install ATW?

one question..... maybe stupid....... "Vanilla RTW" is the "standard" rtw or is another mod that i've to install before amazon ?

Another question... my RTW is in italian while Amazon is English, there's any problem about that ?

Actually what i do is the following :

installation order
    1) rtw 1.0
    2) patch rtw 1.1
    3) patch rtw 1.2
    4) patch rtw 1.3
    5) patch rtw 1.5
    6) launch the game for testing
    7) install amazon 2.5
    8) install patch amazon 2.5c

then try to play.....

Thanks again!!!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by maozen View Post
    one question..... maybe stupid....... "Vanilla RTW" is the "standard" rtw or is another mod that i've to install before amazon ?
    "Vanilla RTW" is the unmodified, base game. When you first install RTW, it's in "vanilla" form because the files are unmodified by the player.

The rest I can't help with. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by maozen View Post

Another question... my RTW is in italian while Amazon is English, there's any problem about that ?

Actually what i do is the following :

installation order
    1) rtw 1.0
    2) patch rtw 1.1
    3) patch rtw 1.2
    4) patch rtw 1.3
    5) patch rtw 1.5
    6) launch the game for testing
    7) install amazon 2.5
    8) install patch amazon 2.5c

then try to play.....

Thanks again!!!
    Just install 1.0, then the 1.3 patch, and then the 1.5 patch. The 1.1 and 1.2 patches can actually cause problems.

There is also a full version of ATW 2.5c in the downloads and installation page, so you do not have to install separate versions of that.

Finally, do you have Windows Vista? If so then turn off UAC and go into your virtual store and make sure you delete the copy of RTW that is in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    Finally, do you have Windows Vista? If so then turn off UAC and go into your virtual store and make sure you delete the copy of RTW that is in there as well.
    yes i've vista since few weeks on the new pc and don't know what's UAC and the virtual store.
    Can u help me also for this ?
    thanks!!

yes i've vista since few weeks on the new pc and don't know what's UAC and the virtual store.
    Can u help me also for this ?
    thanks!!

UAC is the User Account Control ?
    i've checked in the C:\Users\mao\AppData\Local and there's any activision folder.
    i've cleaned all C:\Users\mao\AppData\Local\temp

but no changes still same error.
    i'm getting crazy!!!
    thanks !!

Yes, UAC is user account control. When it is on Vista will not allow you to edit anything in your Program Files folder. Instead it secretly creates a new folder in the place I referred to and copies it all there. Even when you uninstall the software, the copy remains in the virtual store. I think it is your copy of the game in the virtual store that is causing the problems, and that is what Vista is going to regardless of what you install anywhere else.

Your only option to get around it is to either turn it off, or never install anyting to the Program Files folder.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Your only option to get around it is to either turn it off, or never install anyting to the Program Files folder.
    Or set full permissions for the RTW folder via the security tab in the properties tab, like I do.

yeah!!!!!!!
    finally it's working again!!!!!!!!

the problem was the UAC!!!!

this is the last step i've done

1) uninstall everything
    2) install vanilla 1.0 then 1.3 then 1.5 and test game
    3) give full permission to my user and the group user to the activision folder - no changes - still not working
    4) disabled UAC

Finally working!!!!

Thanks to everybody for the help!!!

i hope this wil solve also my modding problems!!!!
    thanks again!!

This is more of a glitch but i got a "ring" around my port of Syracuse. When it was taken by the romans i did to notice it at first but when my fleet went past it i noticed it. Its faint but when there are ships in the ring it shows up.