Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

The script that builds the Pantheon of Camilla also builds some other buildings. This leads to amusing cases like below, where you can see a Trader+Market, and a Shrine of Camilla + Pantheon which is building #13, so on the next page. I also have the script-built foundry with a Metal Smith in queue. The game lets me upgrade the Market to an Agora.

In Pergamon, similarly I have a trader + scripted Great Agora, and there the game lets me upgrade the trader to a market.

In Halicarnassus I can upgrade my shrint of ares to a temple of ares, and it will stack with the Pantheon of Camilla (so you can get the XP bonus from the Pantheon, as well as the temple of ares).

This is probably because the script just builds the various buildings if there is no Pantheon of Camilla, letting you have dual markets, two blacksmiths, stack two temples (I think the other one has to be something besides camilla or you can't upgrade it though - Antioch cannot upgrade the shrine to a temple.)

[QUOTE=Sigur Rós;14210353]
    Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    The 5.0 was only released on Heaven Games, I am not sure they even have it anymore.[/QUOTE
    I see now... look, what are the differences between 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0? I mean not differences related to units, maps and so on, I mean if they cover a different historical period, for example.
    As far as game background-wise, they are the same premise. But different maps, different units, and different configuration for strat.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    ...This is probably because the script just builds the various buildings if there is no Pantheon of Camilla, letting you have dual markets, two blacksmiths, stack two temples (I think the other one has to be something besides camilla or you can't upgrade it though - Antioch cannot upgrade the shrine to a temple.)...
    Wrong! That is because the AI cannot recognize a building upgrade a few levels higher than what was in the settlement. AI can only add one level to the current level, so the player would be able to add new buildings in addition to a script generated building of same functionality.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

So this is for the benefit of the AI if it gets the thing to trigger. Don't really have an issue with the dual temples etc, doesn't seem to cause any problems with the game so it's all good then .
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 20, 2014 at 01:15 AM.

(Another script one?)

This is using Armenaia, on the Amazon Doomsday quest.

I've had the "stellae discovered" trigger twice on Themiskyra, so I got two batches of reinforcements, all the script buildings were built a second time, etc etc

Actually it happened again, seems that if you ever reload, the script will (when you end turn) trigger this event
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 29, 2014 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    (Another script one?)

This is using Armenaia, on the Amazon Doomsday quest.

I've had the "stellae discovered" trigger twice on Themiskyra, so I got two batches of reinforcements, all the script buildings were built a second time, etc etc

Actually it happened again, seems that if you ever reload, the script will (when you end turn) trigger this event

"...seems that if you ever reload, the script will (when you end turn) trigger this event..."

That is actually a statement of half truth. It only happens if the game was saved on the turn the quest is completed, but the end turn "button" is not pressed, and it only happens with certain faction.
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

Interesting, though I also had it happen again (meaning I had three Great Bazzars etc in Themiskrya) several turns later on.

Well, you can make many copies of Rome: Total War, there is only one folder the game engine uses, which is the folder you install the software to.

So let us say you installed Rome: Total War, and then made a copy of Rome: Total War and renamed the copy "Rome ATW" folder, the software still goes back to Rome: Total War folder to get all the libraries and data files, including looking for the mod files, instead of looking inside the "Rome ATW" folder for the files.

try simply unzip the Amazon TW Reignited file to a temporary folder, then copy the Amazon TW Reignited folder INSIDE the temporary folder straight to the Rome: Total War vanilla folder, the Amazon mod file is mod switched, so it will not change any vanilla files. And now your Amazon TW Regnited mod is visible to the game engine.
    I don't understand why it's so damn tough to run your MOD. Look at this...

... you see, there's the RTW vanilla folder and three copies of it, each of them is for three different MODs. Now, I did what you said, I deleted the "Rome ATW" folder and moved the "AmazonTW-Reignited" folder into the vanilla folder.

I created the shortcut from the BI exe and added the -show_err -mod="AmazonTW-Reignited" -nm string in the properties. Clicked on the shortcut and still no MOD running, RTW starts, not even BI.

Why? Where the hell I go wrong?

You are now a lot closer that you realized.

Here is the excerpt from the readme file...

"...:::::::::::: For Non-Steam Users :::::::::::::::::::::::
    Now create a new shortcut for Amazons TW-Refulgent

For more information on editing the Command Line of Rome Total War look here: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ne/index.shtml

Open Windows Explorer, then go to your base Rome Total War folder, find the RomeTW-BI.exe file, and right click on it.

An options box will pop up.

Move your mouse down to "Send To". Another box will pop up along side the first one.

Move your mouse over to "Desktop (Create Shortcut)", and click on it with your left mouse button.

Now go to your Desktop and you will see the new shortcut there, named "Shortcut to RomeTW.exe"

Right-click on the new shortcut, and a box will pop up.

Click on Properties in this box.

A new window will open up, with three tabs across the top. If the Shortcut tab was not already selected, click on it.

Click in very right end of the box named Target.

Now add in a space and then the following text: -mod:AmazonsTW-Refulgent -show_err

So your Target box should look something like: "C:\Program Files\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:AmazonsTW-Refulgent -show_err

Now click on Apply.

To rename it something more descriptive click on the General tab.

There will be a field at the very top of the window. Type in: Amazon Total War Reignited.
    Now click on "Ok". You are done...."

The Refulgent and the Reignited basically share the same on the installation process, you simply replace the word Refulgent with Reignited.

I am really puzzled though, that why don't you install 8.0D (Refulgent) but chooses to install 6.0 (Reignited) instead. 8.0D has much better memory management.

You can find all the mod files here...

[8.0D] - Refulgent

[7.0E] - Recalesced

[6.0K] - Reignited

Last edited by parthian shot; December 12, 2014 at 06:11 AM.

Now it works... why, when there are loadings, it appears the Recalesced logo instead of Reignited?

I am really puzzled though, that why don't you install 8.0D (Refulgent) but chooses to install 6.0 (Reignited) instead. 8.0D has much better memory management.
    Because I want to try all three. You said that there are differences among them.

As far as game background-wise, they are the same premise. But different maps, different units, and different configuration for strat.
    Last edited by Sigur Rós; December 12, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Now it works... why, when there are loadings, it appears the Recalesced logo instead of Reignited?

Because I want to try all three. You said that there are differences among them.
    6.0K is 7.0 Recalesced beta

I see now... look, I don't want to appear rude but the first thing I asked you was if there were some differences between 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0. And you're telling me now that 6.0 is the 7.0 beta, so basically I need to play just 7.0 and 8.0.

The last question, I guess: why to use two exe to play the MOD (both RTW and BI). Now I'm playing with BI exe, there would be some differences if I used RTW exe?

I see now... look, I don't want to appear rude but the first thing I asked you was if there were some differences between 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0. And you're telling me now that 6.0 is the 7.0 beta, so basically I need to play just 7.0 and 8.0.

The last question, I guess: why to use two exe to play the MOD (both RTW and BI). Now I'm playing with BI exe, there would be some differences if I used RTW exe?

Well, there are huge differences between 6.0, 7.0, 8.0. 7.0E is the actual finished product that meets the objective of 7.0 series. 6.0 is really a preparation release for 7.0 but has its own important features. 6.0J is the actual end of series release, and 6.0K is the 7.0 preview.

8.0 is much cleaner in execution and added significant expansions.

Like maps which goes into Asia with all the plug-ins, so we can properly introduce our pet faction, the Far East Celt.
    And the multiple campaign modes, so we can experiment the Armageddon scenarios in different steps.
    Plus the well-armed rebel faction with heavy equipment, so the players never know what they might run into.

Hope this summary helps.

The RTW game starts with two ingredients, the execution logic and the data, the RTW game always uses the base (Rome: Total War) vanilla folders, it then looks at which expansion you are running to look into these folders as well. So you do need two executables to run mod-folder switched mod. Lastly, the game engine looks into the mod folder itself to load the data specific to the mod. Because the Amazons Total War mods need the BI-expansion to enable a wandering nation like the Libyan Amazon faction, so the mod requires both RTW and BI to run.
    Last edited by parthian shot; December 14, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

Well, there are huge differences between 6.0, 7.0, 8.0. 7.0E is the actual finished product that meets the objective of 7.0 series. 6.0 is really a preparation release for 7.0 but has its own important features. 6.0J is the actual end of series release, and 6.0K is the 7.0 preview.

8.0 is much cleaner in execution and added significant expansions.

Like maps which goes into Asia with all the plug-ins, so we can properly introduce our pet faction, the Far East Celt.
    And the multiple campaign modes, so we can experiment the Armageddon scenarios in different steps.
    Plus the well-armed rebel faction with heavy equipment, so the players never know what they might run into.

Hope this summary helps.

The RTW game starts with two ingredients, the execution logic and the data, the RTW game always uses the base (Rome: Total War) vanilla folders, it then looks at which expansion you are running to look into these folders as well. So you do need two executables to run mod-folder switched mod. Lastly, the game engine looks into the mod folder itself to load the data specific to the mod. Because the Amazons Total War mods need the BI-expansion to enable a wandering nation like the Libyan Amazon faction, so the mod requires both RTW and BI to run.
    OK, but the shortcuts on the desktop have been created from the BI exe, what if I create them also from RTW exe?

OK, but the shortcuts on the desktop have been created from the BI exe, what if I create them also from RTW exe?
    It won't work, the moment you start the mod in RTW, there will be a message saying "hording feature not supported" or something to that effect.

OK, I think it's enough for the time being. If I need help again I'll give you a call. Thanks for everything, parthian.

I started to play Refulgent this morning, then I closed ir using Alt + F4 and I got this error.

I started to play Refulgent this morning, then I closed ir using Alt + F4 and I got this error.

Yes, that is the oldest "error" for the mod.

Basically, we decided to have a little departure of set up for a campaign, instead to have all the generals and ground forces on land, we decided to put one of the Amazon generals on board of a high sea fleet.
    Supposedly her force was hired by the treacherous Greeks to fight for a minor campaign, but the bastards sent spies on board disguised as guide for the Amazon force. Half way into the voyage, the guide disappeared, so as to leave the Gothe Amazon force completely lost at sea.

We think the background story is great, so we stick to it. But one of the bugs we uncovered is that before a campaign starts, the AI checks for all the ground forces to be above sea level, and never bother to check if an army at sea is also co-located with a fleet!! So in their logic, the AI basically pronounced the Amazon General on board of the ship to be on an "invalid tile".

The message serves no more than a warning, so there is no impact on the outcome of the game.

To make a long explanation short, just ignore the message.

In 8.0o the amazon archers of pontus faction is missing legs and some other body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    In 8.0o the amazon archers of pontus faction is missing legs and some other body parts.
    Can you take a screen shot? Because we cannot replicate it in 8.0P