Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

At this point all I can think is to try it on a fresh install of RTW. Make a copy of your existing game so you keep everything you have, then do an uninstall and manually delete everything leftover (you will still have that copy you made). Then install RTW and BI fresh.

Then I suggest you take that fresh copy of the game and make a copy of that too. Keep it aside as a backup. Then in the future you can use that to make more copies of without having to uninstall and reinstall the game. It makes life much easier.

Then install ATW to a fresh copy of the game, and see if you still get that error.

You might also try downloading ATW a second time, just in case something went wrong with your original download.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by doggy View Post
    well, i installed the ATW 3.0 and created the shortcut just as instructed in the readme. the ctd happened when i clicked the ATW shortcut, it displayed the ATW screen for a second and the CTD.
    fyi, i have two installed mods, EB and XGM. is this possibly the cause?
    Like Subrosa said, XGM won't cause any problems. EB I haven't played in a couple of years, but I doubt it would be an issue either.

Most likely your RTW/BI isn't clean. Like Subrosa said (again), try reinstalling RTW/BI again, then reinstall ATW.

well, you know what. i reinstalled everything from fresh start and it worked! thx anyway!

I have found an old bug thats back. I remember that the lakes near Triton had at one point ships in them but you had fixed it. Now i have found them in the lakes again. I have looked at the map_ground_types.tga file and the lakes are not suppose to be accessible but a rebel ship has spawned there.

Damn, those pirates sure are persistent. I will take another look at the lake. Maybe I missed a pixel when I set it to deep ocean.

Edit: I just checked, and all the pixels in both lakes are set to deep ocean, so I am not sure how they got there. Could you post a screen shot so I can see exactly where they are? Maybe that will help me figure out what is going on.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; August 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

I have put it into the attachments. I used a camera to get it so the quality is not that good.
    Last edited by Mango; August 20, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    I have put it into the attachments. I used a camera to get it so the quality is not that good.
    Thank you. Looking at the yellow area that shows where it can move, I am thinking there are only perhaps two pixels causing the problem. Probably as land pixels in map_ground_types.tga. I will turn the pixels there into Deep Ocean, and that should do it.

Oh, and you can just press the PrintScrn button to take screenshots. Or use a program like FRAPs.

My labtop wont support it. It shares the same button as home and it takes me to my captial. Also shift doesnt help.

Try Fraps then. They have a free version. You can set the screen capture to any button.

Ok I got Fraps to work. Thanks.

Fouch's Avatar Tiro

I noticed in my last Bean Sidhe game that Verlamion starts off with two trader buildings. It seems to confuse the game and I'm forced to destroy both and build from scratch to reach any higher tier markets.

That is being caused by the campaign script. Thanks for the info, I can fix that in just a moment.

Good news, I fixed the bug of the faction destroyed videos not playing.

Fouch's Avatar Tiro

Good news and thanks for the quick reply.

How do I type "Tir na nOg" so it works with process_cq?

process_cq Tir_na_nog

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    How do I type "Tir na nOg" so it works with process_cq?
    The easy way to check this stuff is to go to Amazon\Data\Text folder and open the barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file. It has both the internal names for every city and region name as well as the ones you see in the game. Just search on the name you see in the game, and you will see the internal name in brackets to the left of it.

Regarding that CTD I was talking about in the Suggestions thread (I figured I'd move discussion relating to it here), I was still getting it even after having removed the Loyal Allies files, so I replaced the modfolder with a newly-unzipped one and cheated the same city up to huge level without issue. It had to have been something to do with Loyal Allies.

So all's resolved now.

*phew* That is a relief. Thank you for being a guinea pig beta tester. I have not had the time to do anything with Loyal Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    *phew* That is a relief. Thank you for being a guinea pig beta tester. I have not had the time to do anything with Loyal Allies.
    No problem. My original "dreams" in the modding department was to be a historian and make campaign maps, but I've since developed much better bug-hunting skills than campaign map-making skills and decided to just roll with that instead. Plus it gets me exclusive access to unreleased mods/versions of mods such as MA...

But I like what Loyal Allies is *supposed* to do. It has the potential to be sort of a "holy grail" of RTW AI, if you get what I mean. If Archaon can get it to work right, I'll definitely be adding it to every mod I play.