Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Armens won't die

To sum up the earlier post, I meant to state that Armen has been tested and it can be destroyed.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Katsoro's Avatar Libertus

The second time (when I took Seleucia) I did kill all there generals and all there solders. I was finely able to destroy them just before they took a new city, I want and attacked them with 1 general and 3 advanced tch elephants tacking out 3 full stacks in the first battle (I killed 6,000 of there men and lost 13) then the renaming 2 stacks (I killed 2,000 of there men and lost none) in a second battle. Basically it seems the only way to kill a horde faction is to destroy them completely well they're a horde.

PS. I think advanced tch elephants are WAY to powerful and need to be renamed death stars or nuclear tanks or maybe doom tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsoro View Post
    The second time (when I took Seleucia) I did kill all there generals and all there solders. I was finely able to destroy them just before they took a new city, I want and attacked them with 1 general and 3 advanced tch elephants tacking out 3 full stacks in the first battle (I killed 6,000 of there men and lost 13) then the renaming 2 stacks (I killed 2,000 of there men and lost none) in a second battle. Basically it seems the only way to kill a horde faction is to destroy them completely well they're a horde.

PS. I think advanced tch elephants are WAY to powerful and need to be renamed death stars or nuclear tanks or maybe doom tanks.
    Oh, that is such a sense of humor.

Sure, come up with a better name and we will add the name to the mod.

BTW, that is why it took so many turns to recruit them.

And also, it is good to have such units handy, otherwise, how are you going to finish 8,000 strong Armenian horde army?
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 17, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Oh, that is such a sense of humor.

Sure, come up with a better name and we will add the name to the mod.

BTW, that is why it took so many turns to recruit them.

And also, it is good to have such units handy, otherwise, how are you going to finish 8,000 some Armenian horde army?
    Actually I've never recruited one before because I got free ones from tacking the right cites. Now that I look at them I see they take 4 turns to recruit witch balance's them a bit but I think the upkeep of only 160 is too low 1,600 or 600 seems more appropriate seeing as elephants can literally eat tons.

PS. Why do ballista elephants have more defense then armored elephants? Even if they use advanced tech the elephants don't have any armor when you look at them.

Actually I've never recruited one before because I got free ones from tacking the right cites. Now that I look at them I see they take 4 turns to recruit witch balance's them a bit but I think the upkeep of only 160 is too low 1,600 or 600 seems more appropriate seeing as elephants can literally eat tons.

PS. Why do ballista elephants have more defense then armored elephants? Even if they use advanced tech the elephants don't have any armor when you look at them.
    Armor attribute is for the crew, not the beast. That is how RTW engine is written.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 17, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

Armor attribute is for the crew, not the beast. That is how RTW engine is written.
    I see, I thought that might be the case...

I see, I thought that might be the case...
    The animal's protection and attack attributes are determined by separate values, unfortunately, the RTW engine does not show those on the screen.

Also, if you see the crew's appearance not matching with their stat (hitpoints, defense, attack, and so on), please post your finding in the problem report section. Celestial Shuttle Buddy, our evaluation/re-balance coordinator, would be more than happy to get them processed ASAP.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 17, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Well, if you got all the Armen's generals, the faction will die. if you got only most of the generals, but not all of them, they will just went into the horde mode over and over again.
    I thought they horde in any case when losing last settlement.
    http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ns/index.shtml

Armens (The Armenians) will be destroyed if the last general is killed and the last settlement is taken.

If the last settlement is taken and one or more of the generals is still alive, they will go into the horde mode.

This is has been tested and working, if you downloaded and played the new mod, and it behaves otherwise, please post it as a bug, not as a design issue.

So you have scripted it to behave like this? My answer was about behaviour of horde factions in general. I thought always that if a faction can horde, it does so whenever their last settlement is taken by someone else. When it happens repeatedly, the resulting horde troop is smaller time after time. This is explained in more detail in the link I posted. But I don't know anything about scripting and limiting horde behaviour.

Armens (The Armenians) will be destroyed if the last general is killed and the last settlement is taken.

If the last settlement is taken and one or more of the generals is still alive, they will go into the horde mode.

This is has been tested and working, if you downloaded and played the new mod, and it behaves otherwise, please post it as a bug, not as a design issue.
    Well then there's a bug. Look at this screen shots to see what I mean.

As you can see they have no generals on the map (I looked everywhere not just the part you can see) only in the city. I defeat them and killed there last general in the city (he was the king).

But they still go into horde mode even tho they had no generals.

Great post and nice screen shots.

You are saying if the horde got destroyed, the new horde would get re-spawned again?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    So you have scripted it to behave like this? My answer was about behaviour of horde factions in general. I thought always that if a faction can horde, it does so whenever their last settlement is taken by someone else. When it happens repeatedly, the resulting horde troop is smaller time after time. This is explained in more detail in the link I posted. But I don't know anything about scripting and limiting horde behaviour.
    I think there is a fundamental misconception.

A horde faction with no towns occupied and have all its generals killed will be destroyed. Do you agree with this statement?

Great post and nice screen shots.

You are saying if the horde got destroyed, the new horde would get re-spawned again?
    I'm not too sure what you're asking . Armens was still in horde mod when I took Seleucia (I never got any message saying they found a new homeland) so I think the answer is yes, destroying a horde that has 1 city then tacking the city will make a new horde spawn.

I'm not too sure what you're asking . Armens was still in horde mod when I took Seleucia (I never got any message saying they found a new homeland) so I think the answer is yes, destroying a horde that has 1 city then tacking the city will make a new horde spawn.
    If you read the description I gave earlier.

Either you kill all the generals while besieging the last town, the town will turn rebel. And the faction will be destroyed.

If the faction has a town and not in horde mode, then of course, when you take that town, the horde will spawn.

If while in horde mode, if the horde loses all the generals, and not owning any settlement, the faction will be destroyed.

Technically, when a horde took over a settlement, the faction is no longer in horde mode, just that the other horde armies may not have settled down yet. The check is very simple, they have to start to balance their income, unlike when they are wandering.

So you have to clearly delineating whether a horde faction has a settlement or not, makes a huge difference.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 20, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Okay then no, I'm not saying if you destroy a horde a new horde will be spawned. What I'm saying is if you tack a horde factions last city and kill there last general at the same time (in the same battle) they will spawn a horde even tho thy should be destroyed.

Okay then no, I'm not saying if you destroy a horde a new horde will be spawned. What I'm saying is if you tack a horde factions last city and kill there last general at the same time (in the same battle) they will spawn a horde even tho thy should be destroyed.
    Well then, as Chrisb has explained, you really need to destroy the horde before they settle down. Or before they horde, you need to kill all the generals so their remaining regions will turn rebel.

A horde faction with no towns occupied and have all its generals killed will be destroyed. Do you agree with this statement?
    Actually cannot say. I have never been in that situation.

I tried 7.0B for the first time and am experiencing strange problems. The UI right above the mini-map has some extra texts visible (about starting a war) and when I open the city window to build something the top (where the city name normally is) contains texts about building forts and watchtowers. Any idea what's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    I tried 7.0B for the first time and am experiencing strange problems. The UI right above the mini-map has some extra texts visible (about starting a war) and when I open the city window to build something the top (where the city name normally is) contains texts about building forts and watchtowers. Any idea what's happening?
    Sounds like your text->index mapping is corrupted. Where did you download the file?

Might want to download from alternative source in case there is a problem with the file server and we do have this problem before.