Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Bug Reports and Technical Help

Place bug reports or requests for technical help here. Before you report a bug or issue, please look to see if it has already been reported and resolved.

Known Issues:

Kick back to menu when trying to start a Campaign: If this happens and there is an option for a Provincial Campaign at the bottom of the screen, then you have started ATW with the wrong executable. Create a new shortcut using the .exe file appropriate to the version of the mod you are playing.

Game sometimes crashes when starting a battle: This can happen if you are not playing on a clean copy of RTW. Create a fresh, unmodified copy of RTW and install ATW to it (with no mods, and not using savegames from an previous install of ATW that was crashing). Look here for an example of how to install multiple copies of RTW. I suggest you create at least one clean copy of the game and keep it as a backup. Then when you want to install new mods make a copy of that for each.

No Amazon Voices On The Strat Map: These have not been implemented yet, and probably not will be any time soon.

No Amazon General Pre-Battle Speeches: Same as Voices above.

Pictures of Cities In The Lists - Settlements Scroll All Look Generic: This is because of a visual glitch when using the non-generic city cards. It has yet to be resolved.

The Game Displays The Wrong Faction Destroyed Video: This is a bug from RTW that seems even more prevalent in ATW. No eta on when it will be resolved.

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Bug report. I have found a CTD for the new 3.0 version. When i entered my captial city (as the Bean Sidhe) i wanted to see what the city looked like in case a battle would occure. When the loading bar ended it CTD. I recived the following message
    "Generic Error:
    Model_db: model registry has requested a model 'barb_naked_fanatic' which was not found in model load script 'amazon/data/deser/model/battle.txt'."
    I am bpaying on a clean verson of the game (for both Rome and Barbarian). I was hopeing im not the only one that got the message. Ill try to see if i can get the same message againg just in case something went wrong.
    EDIT: Tried it again and there was the same problem. Also i might add that i already played battles and it was working fine.
    Last edited by Mango; August 04, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Good catch there Mango. I know what is going on, and should have a patch out later this evening. For now just do not do the city view as the bean sidhe or Iberia.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; August 05, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

Hi!
    I downloaded and installed the version 3.0 and I had the same problem.
    Another problem is that after some turns the game crashes into the desktop!

PS: I love those Bean Sidhe!!!!!!!
    Now I'm fighting the germans and I won all the battles!
    That's the perfect army!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael333 View Post
    Hi!
    I downloaded and installed the version 3.0 and I had the same problem.
    The same CTD when viewing a city? That was fixed with the 3.0b patch, look in the Announcements or Downloads page for the link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael333 View Post
    Another problem is that after some turns the game crashes into the desktop!
    Can you be a little more specific about what is happening when it crashes? Is it always crashing during a certain faction's turn? Is it crashing when trying to start a battle against a specific faction? That kind of thing.

Also, are you using the show_err switch in your shortcut? That might give you an error message when it crashes.

Now its at SPQR. Im now going through all of the factions to see if there is still that problem. Also i did get the patch and its still at the romans. Same line last time but its now 'roman_early_centurion'. At this rate with the town viewing with no battles is not looking good.

So it is happening when you are viewing settlements then?

I tested all the factions for the CTD for viewing a city and every faction but SPQR works. The same message came up like last time but as a different model.
    Generic Error:
    Model_db: model registry has requested a model roman_early_centurion' which was not found in model load script 'amazon/data/deser/model/battle.txt'.
    As i was going through all the factions and testing i was thinking that the model is only affecting the faction onwer of the model otherwise all of the factions would be affected but this bug.
    Last edited by Mango; August 06, 2009 at 04:27 PM.

I just finished testing them all and found the same thing. Another patch is on is being uploaded as I type. It probably will not be up until tomorrow though, because my regular hoster is in Norway and it is late there.

It is a bug caused by descr_lbc_db.txt, the file that determines what units you see in the city view. I added a lot of units to it several months ago to make the views more interesting. Then when I made the Bean Sidhe and converted the Britons to the Indie Celts I went through Descr_Model_Battle.txt to remove some entries to make room for new units. I forgot to go back to descr_lbc_db.txt to pull those units that were removed out of there. So it is looking for entries in the DMB that no longer exist.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; August 06, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Ok that makes sence. I was looking through DMB and i could not find them. Then i looked in the export_descr_unit.txt and could not find any of the models in the units. Good thing that that problem is now fixed.

i downloaded and installed atw 3.0 and experienced a ctd shortly after clicking the self made desktop shortcut.
    anyway here's the error message:

Script Error in data/descr_items.txt, at line 15, column 9.
    include file not found in data/descr_items.txt/: 'di_spot_items.txt'

Hmmm, that is weird. descr_items.txt is not something I ever edited. Is it happening when you play vanilla RTW?

no, the rtw-bi

In that case is it happening when you play vanilla BI? Have you modded the copy of the game you installed ATW onto?

I do not think that this is being caused by ATW, because the files in question are not part of the mod. They are a part of the base game that I never did anything with.

I think doggy that you may have caused it. I say that because when i first made the shortcut to plat ATW i only played the orginal game. Make sure that its not a modded game, or the amazon file is in the correct spot and the shortcut is typed correctly as the set up file is given in the download.

well, i installed the ATW 3.0 and created the shortcut just as instructed in the readme. the ctd happened when i clicked the ATW shortcut, it displayed the ATW screen for a second and the CTD.
    fyi, i have two installed mods, EB and XGM. is this possibly the cause?

It could. But i had both of them installed them before. Are they installed in different files like amazon or is the other mods installed directly into the data foulder? you should see something like this:
    amazon
    bi
    data
    EB
    Miles
    temp
    XGM
    If they are not in this type of setup or one of them is missing but you can play the mod then the file are implanted in the game its self which it shouldnt be. Also is BI updated to 1.6 patch. If not thats your problem.

XGM would not be causing any problems, EB I do not know about.

Mango makes good points about the installation. If your folders do not look like that ATW will not work. Likewise, if your BI is at 1.4 ATW will probably not work.

well, all mods are installed into separate folders and i had my bi patched to 1.6. would there be some kind of log file that i can find and show to you guys?

Thats weird. It should work then. I cant think of anything else. EB doesnt affect amazon because i used it. Can you tell us exactly what the Target line in Properties says? Also what disk are you using (such as BI or RTW).

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast