Thread: On Edoras, a Kiljie short

Kiljaden's Avatar Centenarius

Default On Edoras, a Kiljie short

So, as is typical of the Dark Lord's first lust for vengeance against the happy-go-lucky peeps of the West, an Invasion was declared against Edoras. I pondered this while staring at the Lake of Rhun. Tolkien was high when he drew this lake. Anyway, this was VH\VH, I had two ongoing wars against Dale and the Dwarves, and a Silvan stack was looking quite conspicuous, so I really wasn't in the shape to spare an army.

But then I remembered just how pissed I was at Margoz, my heir, for fathering three consecutive females and then ceasing entirely as if the sheepskin condom was suddenly invented. His adopted brother was looking more promising with two sons in childhood and lots of respect for keeping taxes low in my capital city.

So I enlisted Margoz in the invasion with a disposable contingent of three Balchoth Tribesmen, three Clansmen, and a unit of Variag horse archers--all of them in need of retraining, but I neglected to do so. Three turns later, I positioned my forces right next to the seiging Mordor invasion army; an easy win, I thought. Upon turn cycle, the Mordor army was gone. Whatever, I said, and seiged the city myself. Since it was 8 units attacking, 8 units defending, it was going to be damned close--but hey, I sent the army down there with the expectation that I would lose my family member, so I figured it'd just be a fun battle if nothing else. On turn cycle, I was attacked in the rear by another 8 unit Rohan army, and I was pincered in between the two, outnumbered just over 2:1. This was gonna be tough, but at least it wasn't a seige battle.

Overlooking the field, I put my tribesmen in a central line with clansmen on the flanks, used my horse archers to harass the enemy archer unit and "seal the deal" any time a unit routed, and constantly charged the rear of any attacking units with my General. Luckily, the first army fell before the reinforcements had a chance to get to me. Over half my clans and cavalry were dead, but I still had 350 tribesmen with just under half their javelins left.

I reformed my ranks into a column: One tribes unit, my clans, and the other two [weaker] tribes. I used the same harassment\charging tactics with my cavalry and AMGWTFBBQ I won!

So, I took over Edoras, got my fame and fortune, and looked at the settlement captured screen...

Hmmm... What should I do?

Now, with the population massacred, I figured there's no way I'd be able to hang onto this city in the center of Rohan territory with 360 soldiers. So, I did the only logical thing I could think of and sacked all the buildings in the city so it'd be worthless to anyone that has it for some time to come.

NOTE: No, I did not get 8000 gold from destroying the buildings. This was the next turn, so probably half of it came from my income.

Wondering what I was going to do with the city, I remembered that I had a diplomat making its way around the southwest corner of mordor's mountain range, headed to Minas Morgul to exchange map info for money. So I did the only logical thing I could think of...

Last edited by Kiljaden; May 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: grammar spelling

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Default Re: On Edoras, a Kiljie short

I do this all the time when playing Harad. Raiding Dol Amroth and Pelargir FTW!

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

I still can't believe I got almost 15,000 gold out of the deal between Mordor's payment for the city, extermination returns, and building sacking. Oh, and awesome standing with the Dark Lord. Invasions are win. That gold is going toward my fund to take.... that funny named Dwarf castle Azalballoon or w/e it's called.

Yeah, they're awesome. Especially the "no upkeep" part.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

The movement speed is the best part, I think. The very slow movement speed on the campaign map makes me think Sauron gives a fleet of C-130s to his crusading minions.

True, the movement speed rocs too. That isn't as much of an issue with Harad, though.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Is Harad pretty cavalry-based or are they just that good? (haven't played em yet)

I use ships.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Ah, yes, of course. Harad and their coastal nonsense. I use two ships in the Lake of Rhun to transport troops from my coastal cities to the battlefront

Quick Q Mith, is there an unmentioned penalty for using character_reset and move_character? Margoz has so much Fear now, I'd rather let him die in an important battle against my 3 enemies than get intercepted on his way back home

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaden View Post
    Quick Q Mith, is there an unmentioned penalty for using character_reset and move_character? Margoz has so much Fear now, I'd rather let him die in an important battle against my 3 enemies than get intercepted on his way back home
    I have no idea about cheat penalties, ask axnan. He knows aboutt hat stuff.

Anyway, generals with high fear are good in battles, as they lower enemy morale. Just don't use them as governors.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Well, AFAIK, Fear increases public order while Respect increases pop growth. Neither are negative.

I prefer growth. And traits that give fear provide bad governance traits more often than traits that give respect, to my experience.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

pretty cool aar, you will probably be surprised if you let him continue marching, fun things happen when you don't cheat.

I hav taken over Dale, Dwarves,and the Silvan Elves while playing Rhun.I'm on yurn like 65 or something, and I'm fighting against Harad (didnt plan on that)and Mordor. II am already in mordor, i hav Nurnen, Gorgoroth, Orc Encampment(close to Rhun)....Ok I had 2 golden hordes(LokeRim) it was a battle just outside the Black gate, and mordor had half a stack and 3 olog-hai, and they freekin won!! That is bull****. Oh well, I hav not played this modd for a while, last week of school this week(2day last day of school) :-)(-:
    You say Jonas Brothers-I say Slipknot
    You say Taylor Swift-I say Disturbed
    You say Kate Perry-I say Killsitch Engage
    You say Miley Cyrus-I say Bullet for my Valentine
    You say pop-I say ROCK!!!
    92% of kids have turned to pop.If your one of the 8% who like to headbang and jump the (bleep) up then please copy and paste this into your signature.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Get Real Combat...
    I alomst won with 500 silvans against 120 Mordor units in a siege...
    They had 10 freshly recruited units so count that out
    I killed 60 of ´m