Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "My God is better than your God!!" Lets put an end on this!!!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default "My God is better than your God!!" Lets put an end on this!!!

I feel bored and suddenly want to discuss which God is more powerful than others.

Lets see how many "Gods" in current WH40K universe:

1. Immortal Emperor - the symbol of mankind, arguable an semi-God.

2. Chaos Gods - Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh.

3. C'tan - Void Dragon, Deceiver, Outsider and Night Bringer.

3. Eldar Gods/Godnesses - pretty much all die, the rest two are not worth to mention since they got crushed by Slaanesh singly.

4. Tau - no Gods??

5. Ork/Tyranid - I just treat them as animals, since one behave like animals and the other is truly animal.

Now, lets discuss which God is the strongest.

My ranking order:

Tzeentch > Khorne > Slaanesh/Nurgle (both are equal) > Emperor > C'tan/Eldar Gods/Eldar Goddness (both are equal).
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; May 18, 2009 at 08:11 PM.

Default Re: "My God is better than your God!!" Lets put an end on this!!!

Orks - Gork and Mork

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mecharius View Post
    Orks - Gork and Mork
    Na, they are not existed - we don't care Gods that are not existed since they cannot compete.

Faramir D'Andunie's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Na, they are not existed - we don't care Gods that are not existed since they cannot compete.
    Not enterely true. They can be from memories of the Old ones to simply similar deities to the ones Eldar used to worship.

Also the main problem in your attempt to measure the Chaos gods with the rest is that they can't project most of their power outside the warp.
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

Gork= Eldars god of war Khaine
    Mork= Eldars laughing god

Both are surving Old Ones I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    Gork= Eldars god of war Khaine
    Mork= Eldars laughing god

Both are surving Old Ones I think.
    I am not sure Old Ones is anything related with Eldar Gods...

I think the Old Ones created both the Eldar then the Krorks which devolved into Orks, so they're worshipped as gods by those two races just under different names.

I think the Old Ones created both the Eldar then the Krorks which devolved into Orks, so they're worshipped as gods by those two races just under different names.
    Yes, but somehow Eldar Gods live up to the birth of Slaanesh - a period that Old One should hardly alive.

Old One was, in short, extincted long before even the birth of any Chaos Gods, so how come Eldar Gods suddenly became the surivival Old Ones??

I think the Old Ones became immortal/godlike much the same as the Emperor but I'm not sure.

I think the Old Ones became immortal/godlike much the same as the Emperor but I'm not sure.
    Na, except they die like ant in front Slaanesh.

And Slaanesh is like a kid in front of Khorne (want to count how many times Khorn kick Slaanesh's butt??), then all Chaos Gods are kids in front of Tzeetch (or they don't need to crusade Tzeetch together).

Isn't Nurgle more powerfull than the rest of Chaos gods?
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

I wonder if the Hive Mind could be considered godlike, it certainly has a tremendous psychic influence over the hive fleets (co-ordinating their attacks and suchlike). I also read somewhere that before the tyranids attack they send psychic interference around the planet to prevent communication and generally drive every being on it with a mind insane.

Seems like the only major race without a god or godlike figure is the Tau (ethereals are not quite powerful enough, a ratling can kill one of them with a single shot. They are just the priest caste of the Tau who receive a lot of respect through mysterious powers).

I'd say the Emperor is pretty low down on the list (in his current state anyway). In terms of achieving their goal, he's very low down indeed. After all, he wanted to create a secular empire that shunned superstition, embraced science and he highly disliked being worshipped as a god. Look how that turned out. Now his throne is faulty (some say it was from the very start, but that is a different matter) and the Admech have no idea how to fix it. The one thing the Emperor has got going for him is the number of worshipers which is probably highest (unless there are more tyranids than humans and even then, do they "worship" the hive mind or simply obey it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Time Commander Bob View Post
    (unless there are more tyranids than humans and even then, do they "worship" the hive mind or simply obey it?)
    The hive mind is a collective consciousness as far as I know, they don't operate as individuals and have no real concept of such a thing, so they don't really worship or obey anything. But fair to say that the hive mind is one of the more powerful "gods" in the 40K universe.
    Last edited by Helm; May 19, 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Lt.Bradford's Avatar Domesticus

The Deus Imperator.

He has:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Beaten the Void Dragon

Made the Chaos Gods hide during the Great Crusade.

Drove them back in terror when he made his main attack on Horus

Continues to this day guiding the Astronomicon, Holding a webway gate shut, keeping out Daemons, and occasionally creating warpstorms.

Anything to the opposite will result in immediate probing by the Inquisition.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir D'Andunie View Post
    Isn't Nurgle more powerfull than the rest of Chaos gods?
    You mean, Nurgle who fought an attritional war with Slaanesh just for a... woman??

That story regarding Nurgle keeping alive one of Eldar gods and preventing Slaneesh from devouring her?

Since Nurgle repressents decay, and everything eventually withers away, he seemed to be more powerfull than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir D'Andunie View Post
    That story regarding Nurgle keeping alive one of Eldar gods and preventing Slaneesh from devouring her?

Since Nurgle repressents decay, and everything eventually withers away, he seemed to be more powerfull than the rest.
    Actually, I don't even think Nurgle is Chaos God - remember Chaos God is related with emotions, which decay and disease are... emotion??

Just because that (and the Eldar Goddness part) I think Nurgle is somehow equal as Slaanesh - although you know, Khorne beat Slaanesh for fun so he probably can beat Nurgle for fun too.

Shacklock's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Actually, I don't even think Nurgle is Chaos God - remember Chaos God is related with emotions, which decay and disease are... emotion??

Just because that (and the Eldar Goddness part) I think Nurgle is somehow equal as Slaanesh - although you know, Khorne beat Slaanesh for fun so he probably can beat Nurgle for fun too.
    Nurgle is also the god of well...like enjoying life due to fear of death. Hence why most deamons of Nurgle are are jovial and friendly in demeanor. Plus theres the whole Grandfather Nurgle thang.
    Last edited by Shacklock; May 19, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

For Nurgle, the source of power is the livings' fear of inevitable death and disease, and their unconscious response to that fear, which is the "power of life", the motivating power of most races.

He is considered to be Lord of All, since all things no matter how permanent or solid they seem they are liable to corruption more or less.

By the way, anyone feels strange that Khorne actually has patience to seat on his skull throne whole day instead running wild in Warp to cut skulls - I am not sure, but the patience of sitting there whole day sounds exactly opposite of Khorne's nature.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast