Thread: Limited Resolution!?

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

Default Limited Resolution!?

Hello, i have a question about ExRM's resolution. When i go to options under the main menu, i notice that the maximum resolution that i can go up to is 1280x789x32 or something like that... Anyways, on vanilla RTW i was able to jack up the resolution to my moniter's max res which is 1440x900. Why can't i have the same resolution in ExRM as in vanilla RTW? was it intended for this or is this some kind of glitch?

BTW - I was able to move up the max res. in ExRM to 1440x900, but that was only once, and for some reason i can't do it again .

Also, since this mod added new textures and a lot of other stuff, i notice that the game demands more of my system then it did in vanilla RTW. Is there a way to increase performance besides simply lowering game setting in Options?
    Anything will be much apprecitated!!!!!
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

Default Re: Limited Resolution!?

As for your latter issue - that of increased system demands - one of the key faults in RTW's coding (since it is a 5-year old game) is that it does not make full usage of multicore processors. Therefore, a single core 3.4ghz processor will actually do better than a dualcore 2.8 or even a quadcore 2 (as far as I know). Not particularly helpful unless you want to buy a top-of-the-line old computer (ha!) but eh. Trivia.

go into preferences.txt and change the campaign and battle map max resolutions to 1440 x 900

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

thx dude, i'll try that one
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

Figured out even if you edit the preferences.txt it does not change the ingame resolutions.

However the FIX: if you click the autodetect preferences in the lower right hand corner of the video options menu, the higher resolutions will now be available to select from the pull downs
    Last edited by c19; February 01, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Interesting, thanks. And welcome to the boards!
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.