Thread: UNITS

Default UNITS

Maybe i missed something somewhere but how long does it take to build units in a conquered city now.In version 1.1 It seems alot longer now.Or are you able to anymore.

Default Re: UNITS

you just need to wait till you get more culture to stop people blitxing which is definitely better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
    you just need to wait till you get more culture to stop people blitxing which is definitely better IMO

Must have been incresed since first version.I have held some regions for quite sometime now and still can not recruit.Problem is that the enemy are starting to seige now and it takes reinforcements a good while to get there.

One thing i think needs fixing is ship movement distance.Ships hardly move futher than a ground army.Thats pretty unreal.Aleast i could get some replenishment forces to my regions that are attacked if ships could move better.

Anyone know how to ajust ship movement distance?

i think they move a lot further

you'll have to build the buildings which increase the culture, for example tempel of melkor or university

if you've played the britannia kingdoms campaign, then you would get a feel of what culture is like

each faction has there own "culture" (elves, northmen for dale, eriador, and roha, followers of melkor for OoMM, isengard, rhun, harad, and morder, and dunedain for gondor). build culture buildings in settlements to increase your culture and build your units
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

///

following thinks helps to increase the culture that is needed for unit recruitement:

> culture raising buildings (town hall, town watch, theaters, brothels, inns, school, university or eqiuvalents)
    > borders to own countries
    > developed street between settlement
    > developed sea trading routes
    > markets
    > harbours/ports and merchants wharf
    > available settlement upgrades (wall-upgrade) must be build

> a general/family member in the settlement
    > low corruption
    > low taxes
    > high population growth
    > over 100% public order & happiness
    > good health
    > availlable education buildings
    > some troops (minimum full free upkeep-unit-slot)
    > no enemy troops in this settlement or ship at your port
    > no enemy spies in your settlement (put own spies in that city) or around it

(as rohan i captured Harads Vatavena the settlement at the bottom of the map.
    i have 15% culture after 10 turns, because i have a direct sea trading route
    to my other settlements and no fruther culture buildings - a port for my there is
    enough for 15%)

///

Hakon's Avatar Foederatus

If you send a spy into a enemy city or have units near that city, when you look at the settlement details you can see the culture. In my Mordor campaign Cair Andros had 10 percent Followers of Melkor before I took it.

Thanks guys i get it now.