Thread: Farewell

Default Farewell

Farewell, my friends. The time has come for me to depart from this place. As I told fergusmck in the interview I gave him for The Critic’s Quill, I determined that once I had secured the gold MAARC medal, the only honorable thing to do would be to stop competing in the competitions. I have many friends here, striving for their own medals, and it is not fair of me to stand in their way, if such were the case.
    I have greatly enjoyed my time of participation in TOTW, ever since mollsomg invited me to join in the first challenge, TOTW 18b. It is therefore with mixed emotions that I leave, hoping I shall not succumb to the temptations of a particularly interesting picture. . .
    This, however, does not signal an end to my involvement in the contest. Rather, I expect to be even more involved than before, making an effort to turn out the vote that I could not have honorably made as a contestant.
    I shall also, at least on the short-term, continue covering Tale of the Week in the monthly edition of the Eagle Standard and from time to time offer my most scathing reviews in the vote thread.
    Farewell, and may this contest prosper!
    Son of PW

Default Re: Farewell

Your great stories shall be missed!
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Nazgűl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

OH THANK GOD! Now we have a chance!

Just kidding Theo, do us all a favor and drop by sometime with one of your epic stories!
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Please choose to return when a specific pic strikes you fancy. We can promise to not vote for your story if that would help.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul-Killer View Post
    OH THANK GOD! Now we have a chance!

Just kidding Theo, do us all a favor and drop by sometime with one of your epic stories!
    He's right, haha. Seriosuly though, it's going to be a little more lonely here without you *sniffle*. Take care
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Please choose to return when a specific pic strikes you fancy. We can promise to not vote for your story if that would help.
    Oh, yes, bloody wonderful!
    Thanks, guys, I may be back, but I prefer to watch from the sidelines for the moment.
    Son of PW

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

But let the sidelines be sidelines then Your reviews could be very useful - both because you're not contesting thus you look at stories from another viewpoint, and also because you are a great author...
    Anyway, have fun watching the struggling of us poor little noobs

You could just continue writing without the stories becoming part of the voting...

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Theodotos I....

Hmmmm....Could'nt your subsequent entries be added to the field with the provisor that they be excluded from the vote{if you are inclined ATM}????
    Why should you not write if you are moved to do so. Surely in your case some sort of accommodation could be made....

If you leave when you wish to stay how will others that would gather inspiration from your quill, find a like minded role model?????????
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; May 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: grammar
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Well, I'm quitting partly due to time constraints, so I probably won't be writing short-term. However, I'm thinking I might set up a thread here entitled "Theo's Take", in which you could read my interpretation of various pictures. It would be separate from the competition thread, so it would not be included in the vote, but you all could still enjoy the stories.
    Son of PW

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas View Post
    Theodotos I....

Hmmmm....Could'nt your subsequent entries be added to the field with the provisor that they be excluded from the vote{if you are inclined ATM}????
    Why should you not write if you are moved to do so. Surely in your case some sort of accommodation could be made....

If you leave when you wish to stay how will others that would gather inspiration from your quill, find a like minded role model?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Mega has again expressed my thoughts better than I could myself. To be creative and to produce writing worth reading is a gift to be shared. I know (hope) we will see more contributions from Theo.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Thank you for your contributions, Theo, you are a true credit to this place.

Kátz's Avatar Senator

More than peace, more than freedom, more than justice
    I want your stories, because your stories're everything
    Even if I'm separated from you, even if you change, even if I loose sight of you
    I'll never forget your stories' radiance

We're guided toward the wind we call a dream
    A ship of indiscretions is swaying
    We belong to Earth
    If we can just keep on living
    There will always be the returning day

So many meetings are repeated
    Beyond the time
    More than hope, more than ideals, more than aspirations

Lol, I just copied some lyrics. A bit edited to TOTW taste. Some parts are cut off though.
    Here's the song lyrics : http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/gun...ondthetime.htm

I'm honored. :bows deeply: Thanks, PW and Katz.
    Son of PW