Thread: Editing Regions

Default Editing Regions

I was wondering if anyone has figured out to add, edit or remove regions? If so I would be very happy if anyone could link this. I have searched the forum but unable to find anything.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Editing Regions

nope no one has found out.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

well if you take a look at the campaign_maps folder you can find a bunch of folders containing several esf files.

in comparing the different files i have an idea of how one would go about editing maps... only problem is it would be a massive undertaking.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

I didn't really follow all the announcements that were posted post ETW release, but I did read somewhere that ETW will be the most modable TW game to date. So, can someone explain to me why the campaign map isn't even modable? Forgive my late interest, but I haven't really followed the new TW game.

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH View Post
    I didn't really follow all the announcements that were posted post ETW release, but I did read somewhere that ETW will be the most modable TW game to date. So, can someone explain to me why the campaign map isn't even modable? Forgive my late interest, but I haven't really followed the new TW game.
    It's not fully moddable atm (we can do a few things to it) because we don't have documentation on the ESF files and we don't have a model converter.

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

Man...I thought it would just be a matter of editing bitmaps, like the previous games.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

it's more like a compilcated set of files that are like descr_strat.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?