Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spartan357's pics

LLXerxes's Avatar Semisalis

You photoshopped the second one. There is no blood on the spear... I've seen the original shot.
    Music 1Music 2Pictures 1Pictures 2
    Now Reading: Wiliam Golding - Lord of the Flies

Civis

Why do people always post these pictures with graphical errors all the time? It happens all too often..
    Clan Retro Riders > YOU

Of course i photoshopped the second one. There is no blood in the game. Also, sorry for being so ordinary, Im new to the forums here.

Originally posted by Hooy@May 25 2005, 06:48 AM
    Why do people always post these pictures with graphical errors all the time? It happens all too often..
    Hooy
    Stop acting like an idiot. If you have nothing constructive to contribute don't post any replies. I have seen you previous posts in this thread and I must say you are starting to really annoy people.

Spartan 357,

don't worry Hooy just likes to create attention on himself by spaming. He thinks he is "picture of the day" police. Welcome to the forums. Don't let people like him deter you. You will only get better.

PS - Hooy is new too, just look at his "sexy beasts" pics and you will see what I'm talking about *wink* I believe the description was "average" if i'm not mistaken.

Cheers

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I appriciate the welcome. I only just started taking pics so maybe i will one day get good at doing it. *wink*
    Thanks again!

here are some more

this one was right before the major engagement. I was flanked and almost routed but my front line routed their army and i was saved.

Greeks: 1, 2, 3 PUSH!!!
    Roman: OH @%#^

That one roman held up my entire victory for such a long time. He was stuck after the rest of the unit fought to the death on the walls. That was sarycuse (sp) btw.

This one was fun as the elephants saved the day. Their horse archers killed the rest of my men, but the Elephants squished the rest. NUMIDIAN SCUM!

This was the aftermath of a huge custom battle. I wanted to see how that many armored hoplites looked all at once. The parthinians had all cataphracts with silver everything. Didn't help them though :whistle

Last edited by Spartan357; June 06, 2005 at 07:44 AM.

Originally posted by Spartan357@May 25 2005, 07:27 AM

Owned! :lol

Nice shots man!

madd069's Avatar Biarchus

Not bad, good for a starter. For future pics, please get the mouse off the screen and edit the HUD away.

The one with the lone Roman in the seige tower surrounded by Greeks is kinda funny.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Good beginning. I like the 2 phalanxes facing each other.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Nice pic man, and well come to the forums.

Just a random guess you got a think for the Greek Amies *tongue*
    Willkommen ihr Kinder des Lichts
    Ihr seid willkommen-Willkommen im
    Herzlich Willkommen im nichts

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How the ****** do you guys have time for this=P
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Hm... interesting skins and unit cards... might i ask what mod are you using?
    The Sith Code

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

I've been waiting to get somw more, better pics so hopefully these will suffice!

Brave Romans march towards a Thracian army twice their size while night slowly falls on the battlefield.

The Aftermath. Four Thracian companies fell here against two roman companies.

The last ride of Decius Julius. In the campaign he rode against a group of pursueing woad warriors who ambushed a small legion enroute to a seige. He gave his life for his men.

A small detachment of soldiers of Flavious Julius the Great, conqueror of nine gaulic provinces, victor in 22 seperate battles and the greatest leader the Romans have ever known.

Here are just some pics from the greek campaign that I enjoyed. I think that greek soldier is a little too ambitious =P

Poor, poor macedonian horsemen. They charged into a force of about 80 pikemen (not shown)

P.S. I had to fight my way into the city against the horsemen, then defend against the pikemen coming into the city all in the same battle. It was hectic!

Last edited by Spartan357; June 06, 2005 at 02:08 PM.

Well? Are these any better? Im going to keep trying but I could use a little constructive criticizm (sp). Any ideas would be appreciated!

Keep up the good work, you've learnt not to hilight units and remove unseemly displays. I really like the pictures and the way you give a narrative approach to pictures.

Now, the criticisms,

-You should ensure that when showing pictures which are captioned as the last charge of a certain general or a triumphant general that you actually show the general in the pic (just a personal preference really but it shows that he is still alive). With the macedonian cavalry picture, you could have done with showing more of your men, because, uncaptioned, that picture suggests about 200 macedonian cavalrymen vs. 5 hoplites. Don't listen to people who don't give reasons and/or justification for their criticisms. If you're putting blood on weapon tips then put blood on the model as well to suggest a wound of some sort. Make sure that you show a picture where the weapon comes through the body at a feasible place, in your second picture i think that you should have waited till the spear had come out of the egyptian's eye as otherwise, it is physically improbable. Don't highlight units(unrealistic). Also the term army doesn't really cover one general and a unit too far away to make out, show more of the men if you showing an army.

You are doing very well and I'm sure ou can only get better.

welcome to the community btw.
    "The Moving Finger Writes and having writ moves on nor all thy piety nor wit can lure it back to cancel even half a line nor all thy tears wash out a single word" (Omar Khayyam).

I think that probably my greatest achievement was introducing Ozymandias to these boards.

Thanks very much. That was really helpful!

Civis

My pics. (unposted as of yet) are so, so, SO lame compared to yours! Please post more...PLEASE.
    Dr. Who fans at the ready. March! http://doctorwho.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Here is my next installment

In a major engagement with Greek Hoplites, a brave captain charges in to relieve a beleaguered Roman unit.

As the battle rages, many brave soldiers fall in a gigantic melee near a watch tower.

As the battle wears on, only two 1/4 strength legions, 2 1/2 strength archer aux companies and 1 2/3 strength cavalry aux are left on a hill over looking the battle. They marcher in with 2 archer batt, 7 legionary cohorts, 2 cav, batt, 1 generals bodyguard.

Time and time again, the Greeks march up the hill and are shot down by the noble archers

Many Greeks fall in the attempt

Eventually, the Romans sallied forth from the hill and swept the remaining greeks before them.

The Romans carried the day!

Here is just a random shot I took during a quick battle

Macedonian CHARGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast