Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod" v2.3 (Now compatible with 1.4 patch!)

Default Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod" v2.3 (Now compatible with 1.4 patch!)

Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod" v2.3

This Empire: Total War "Mini-Mod" creates all new standard flag bearers for a large majority of cavalry units. It is nationality specific, I have created a standard bearer for European, Eastern, Native Americans , Auxiliary Native Americans , all new Polish Winged Hussars and Crossacks (only the Crossacks cavalry units use this model, the rest of the Russian units use European).

Please note : I will only create compatible versions for current popular modifications once they release theyre stable 1.4 patch versions, and I will only make them if people request.

Also, if you are experiencing ANY issues , please post here and let me know! And if you have any ideas to improve this small modification, please let me know!

The only cavalry units that do not have a flag bearers are :
    • Dragoons
    • Light Dragoons
    • All elephant units
    • Militia/Provincial Cavalry

Changelist :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

V2.3 :
    Updated to be compatible with the latest 1.4 patch.

v2.2 :
    Updated with some new, more cleaner animations.

v2.1.1 :
    Fixed CTD bug.

v2.1 :
    Now compatible with the new 1.3 patch.

v2.0 :
    Fixed standard bearer standing on horse bug. (Thanks to erasmus777)
    All new Polish Winged Hussars.
    New model for European nations.
    New model for Eastern nations.

Photos of the cavalry standard bearers in-game :
    v2.0:
    *New* Polish Winged Hussars model :

*New* European model :

*New* Eastern model :

v1.0:
    European Model :

Eastern Model :

Crossacks Model :

Native American Model :

Native American Auxiliary Model:

-If you wish to incorporate this "Mini-Mod" into your mod, please go ahead! Im all for helping the ETW community.

This modification would have never existed without the help of erasmus777 for guiding me in the right direction and Franky235 and Magnus72, who basically built the foundation of this modification and from there I made it what it is now. Also, a big thank you for Kurisu Paifuaa for making the previous APE:TI compatible version.
    Last edited by somerandomMinja; October 03, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Default Re: Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod"

Minja see if you can help me figure out how to make the standards for cavalry standard bearers unique. I want to make unique Cavalry Standards for Regalia. I don't want the cavalry to be holding Infantry Standards.

I dont think we can make it possible until the proper modding tools are released by CA . Just like alot of other modders are trying to figure out to make flags specific for each regiment .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"

Default Re: Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod"(Now compatible with Darthmod 1.9!)

Looks great, but aren't the standards a bit...big? at gallop the air resistance would be pretty massive, surely a version only slightly larger, if anything, of the infantry standards would be better?

I know this is an aweful picture to choose, but perhaps more like this

Default Re: Cavalry Standard Bearers "Mini-Mod"(Now compatible with Darthmod 1.9!)

And Minja what flag are you using for the Prussians? The transparent parts of it are all off and it looks tattered. Did you mean for it to look like that?

Its the flag the Prussian dragoons used , and yea I intended for it to look all torn and worn out .

Quote Originally Posted by Rudd_Medicman View Post
    Looks great, but aren't the standards a bit...big? at gallop the air resistance would be pretty massive, surely a version only slightly larger, if anything, of the infantry standards would be better?

I know this is an aweful picture to choose, but perhaps more like this

I dont think its possible to cut it down at the time , seeing as we can only use models that are currently in the engine and cant import/export models until we get the propper tools to do so . I want them to be shorter too but there isnt much I can do about it .
    Anyways , when you charge the flag bearer lowers it like a spear . Not so much wind resistance there .
    Last edited by somerandomMinja; May 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Why don't you try other spears which are in game? Maybe one of them is better.

I read, that the problem with the flags are bigger. CA did bad work, as usual. You can't give flags as in Medieval to cavalry and different infantry units. You have now only one faction flag.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    I dont think its possible to cut it down at the time , seeing as we can only use models that are currently in the engine and cant import/export models until we get the propper tools to do so . I want them to be shorter too but there isnt much I can do about it .
    Anyways , when you charge the flag bearer lowers it like a spear . Not so much wind resistance there .
    kk awesome then cheers for the great work

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great Job !
    Epic Cavalry now !
    Thanks and +1 rep for you
    Last edited by MorganH.; May 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Why don't you try other spears which are in game? Maybe one of them is better.

I read, that the problem with the flags are bigger. CA did bad work, as usual. You can't give flags as in Medieval to cavalry and different infantry units. You have now only one faction flag.
    I was thinking of giving the lance a look , just like erasmus777 used the lance for the spontoon on officers in his ETM . I just have a feeling it wont work with a flag on it , but ill look into it .

Thanks for feedback guys , Im really glad your all enjoying it ! If you experience any issues please let me know .

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Awesome
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Cool,
    But any way to make the flagpole shorter and less awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Cool,
    But any way to make the flagpole shorter and less awkward?
    I have been looking for a way to attach the battle flag to a lance , but it seems it comes together with the euro_hanger model . Im still trying to see if I can figure out a way around it .

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

alright then,should i install the mod so that it loads first or last???for as it stands it is not currently working for me,so i am wondering if perhaps the load order is all wrong??I have been looking forward to a mod such as this for quiete some time now,shame should i not be able to get it to work...

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

I just wanted to say this is a great mod that adds some much needed refinement and immersion to ETW.

Thanks and +rep to the creator.

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    alright then,should i install the mod so that it loads first or last???for as it stands it is not currently working for me,so i am wondering if perhaps the load order is all wrong??I have been looking forward to a mod such as this for quiete some time now,shame should i not be able to get it to work...
    What mods are you running ? Try running it last , it seems that its sensitive when other mods are running that change the unit_stats_land .

This is what i am currently running
    mod "sinuhet_formations_1_2.pack";
    mod "Lethal23LR.pack";
    mod "AIBruix.pack";
    mod "battalion_flags.pack";
    mod "hussar_mod.pack";
    mod "mod_Prussia.pack";
    mod "mod_soundv2.pack";
    mod "naval_flag_conversion.pack";
    mod "new_officer_mod.pack";
    mod "spainall_dbfix_mod.pack";
    mod "spainall_mod.pack";
    mod "tuca_music.pack";
    mod "W_hussar_texture.pack";
    mod "BSM_3_1_FULL_all_cannons_MM.pack";
    mod "Britain_mod.pack";
    mod "equipment_tweak_mod.pack";
    mod "cavalry_standard_bearer_tight.pack";
    the mods listed are copied directly from the file and are placed in the order in which i have them running...any ideas???

Off the bat , I know that the lethal mod effects unit_land_stats , so that may be the problem . Ill go and download their mod and make a compatible version . Other than that it should work with your other mods .

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Off the bat , I know that the lethal mod effects unit_land_stats , so that may be the problem . Ill go and download their mod and make a compatible version . Other than that it should work with your other mods .
    Thank you for opting to make a compatible version for Lethal,which is by far my mod of choiceThis will be a splendid addition.Thanx again for your assistance

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast