Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2578

Thread: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

Del Valle's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod- Beta 3.75 released! *July 7* ##We are Recruiting and Need Assistance##

I installed a fresh TATW plus patch 1.1 before installing DAC, so that isn't the problem.

I suppose I'll have to make a new install. *Sigh*

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod- Beta 3.75 released! *July 7* ##We are Recruiting and Need Assistance##

Anyone else has this problem where it will CTD when you conquer Sauron's Capital? There is also another notable bug about Dol Guldur, when I conquered their capital even though they still have regions left a full stack with the "Ugly Uruk"(Forgot how to spell the general's name) will appear. Then he would attack Dol Guldur but theres a glitched he doesnt build Siege equipment, so I tried using the auto win cheat to see what happens... But every single time I eliminate this stack he would spawn back over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Disregard View Post
    Anyone else has this problem where it will CTD when you conquer Sauron's Capital? There is also another notable bug about Dol Guldur, when I conquered their capital even though they still have regions left a full stack with the "Ugly Uruk"(Forgot how to spell the general's name) will appear. Then he would attack Dol Guldur but theres a glitched he doesnt build Siege equipment, so I tried using the auto win cheat to see what happens... But every single time I eliminate this stack he would spawn back over and over.
    Dol Guldur & Angmar fortresses will be nay-conquerable until Sauron is destroyed. And please dont cheat when taking Barad Dur... We have told you all a few times now..

the main issue with cheating is the "auto_win" cheat - essentially it causes the triggered battle to skip past the engines 'battle odds calculation' preventing the strat game to exit and reenter its phases.. therefore using that specific cheat when you take on barad dur is a huge mistake! by not allowing the strat game to return to the turn phase after the battle a specific trigger will not execute. Without this trigger we cant terminate all the scripts that require Mordor to be alive, coz when you take barad dur you destroy mordor BUT the script will still try to spawn Nazgul ect if you cheated that victory..

Cheats are bad m'kay..

STELLover's Avatar Senator

I got the same problem as well- except its not a problem

The fact is that evil factions cannot be destroyed before Barad-Dur is conquered, making it a final objective for all evil factions, if I am correct

You might have destroyed them, but you can't conquer them unless you conquer Barad-Dur itself

If that is not the problem- than contact the administrators via PM
    Renown or Archaon, but other members of the dev might help you

I am not sure about the Barad- Dur bug- could you maybe provide us with a pic so we can help?

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    Dol Guldur & Angmar fortresses will be nay-conquerable until Sauron is destroyed. And please dont cheat when taking Barad Dur... We have told you all a few times now..

the main issue with cheating is the "auto_win" cheat - essentially it causes the triggered battle to skip past the engines 'battle odds calculation' preventing the strat game to exit and reenter its phases.. therefore using that specific cheat when you take on barad dur is a huge mistake! by not allowing the strat game to return to the turn phase after the battle a specific trigger will not execute. Without this trigger we cant terminate all the scripts that require Mordor to be alive, coz when you take barad dur you destroy mordor BUT the script will still try to spawn Nazgul ect if you cheated that victory..

Cheats are bad m'kay..
    The Dol Guldur "bug" isnt a bug after all then, I just have to destroy Sauron. But that doesnt matter anymore since I was playing another faction (Lothlorien Elves) when it occured. And about the Sauron's Capital part I didnt use any cheats (Playing as Rohan), I sieged Barad Dur and a Mordor stack attacked me while I was sieging. I won the battle and automatically took Sauron's capital, but it proceeds to CTD everytime. Anyway heres the DaC log, CTD after some I think minor errors.

20:09:01.215 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:09:01.215 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    20:09:01.261 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:09:01.293 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:09:01.339 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:09:01.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:09:01.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:09:01.402 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:09:20.790 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5596, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:09:20.791 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5596, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:09:20.791 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5596, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to northsouthroad
    20:09:20.792 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5596, column 2
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to c_northsouthroad
    20:09:20.810 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 111, column 31
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'quality_war_arrow'
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 161, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 209, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 232, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 281, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 331, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 398, column 31
    20:09:20.811 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_AgeDAC/data/descr_walls.txt, at line 450, column 31
    20:10:27.310 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Disregard; July 23, 2009 at 08:18 PM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

You almost got it Renown, it's a huge city and a citadel close together. The great thing about it is that you can access the citadel only if you conquer the city because the citadel is surrounded by water, and if you are unable to conquer the citadel you loose the city the next turn (that is made with scripts I suppose). What I don't know is if it's one huge strat map or two close together meant to look like one. It's a great feature, and one I would like to see in TATW.

Whats this quality war arrow issue?? Dis have you installed other mods?

@ luis... hmm that's intersting. And I agree it would be fun to implement for Minas Tirith in particular, or maybe some other massive areas... Unfortunately it still requires strat map models and we are still running low on spare spots..
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    Whats this quality war arrow issue?? Dis have you installed other mods?

@ luis... hmm that's intersting. And I agree it would be fun to implement for Minas Tirith in particular, or maybe some other massive areas... Unfortunately it still requires strat map models and we are still running low on spare spots..
    TATW submods are separate from DaC since its in its own folder isn it? I havent installed or modded anything, its the original V3.75.

Quote Originally Posted by Disregard View Post
    TATW submods are separate from DaC since its in its own folder isn it? I havent installed or modded anything, its the original V3.75.
    The 3.75 installer copies all of the contents of TATW folder to the new mod folder (which makes the DaC download file less than 50mb and the mod folder is 2.8gb+).

You are using a modded version of descr_walls.txt that DaC doesn't support.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    The 3.75 installer copies all of the contents of TATW folder to the new mod folder (which makes the DaC download file less than 50mb and the mod folder is 2.8gb+).

You are using a modded version of descr_walls.txt that DaC doesn't support.
    Oh I guess I have to reinstall TATW or edit that file?

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Im just tryin to keep this thread from the bottom of the list i guess and would hate to see it go dead since the last post was a couple of days ago. But i do have a question:
    Is this mod going to be released around the time of the 1.2 patch of TATW? JW
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBean View Post
    Im just tryin to keep this thread from the bottom of the list i guess and would hate to see it go dead since the last post was a couple of days ago. But i do have a question:
    Is this mod going to be released around the time of the 1.2 patch of TATW? JW

I think the mods going to be incorporated with the next patch. The fact that the upcoming patch includes several new units and some game play changes is something the Dev of Divide and Conquer can't miss for the 4.0 release

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

well, we've had a lot of rather significant changes.. at least work wise if not directly evident.

That plus our team is basically three people.. each with a fairly large amount of work to do for this mod. Plus the fact that we all have real lives (well the others do) and that I'm trying to find work at the same time as doing this makes it a longer process than usual.

Actually the 1.2 patch doesn't figure into our consideration at all.

If we get it out before 1.2, great. If not. crap because we would have to finish our 4.0 download 1.2 and then convert the necessary files.. Which I'm not looking forward to. A lot of the current changes listed are NOT EVEN APPLICABLE to DAC. WE've really tried hard to create a new take on TATW and some of the changes 1.2 incorporates probably will be removed in DAC (some of the hero models for example).. like we removed the Elven cavalry. (Sorry... I just can NOT abide by masses of Elven Cavalry at this stage in the 3rd Age. and removed the economy.

That said we also have large individual plans (especially for the future) that should make you guys water at the mouth.

We are taking a turn from The TATW LORE ONLY side of things and developing some "What - If scenarios" for later game play (mainly 120-180 turns +) yet some in early game - hint White Council and Isengard - and setting the stones for these in 4.0. Enedwaith, Isengard, Bree, RotN, for example will all have some new intensive scripting in the releases after. Situations where some factions can actually turn evil, or some turn good (so to speak). Development of a ME wherein during the LORE appropriate time of the WOTR there could actually be a GRAND alliance instead of factions merely fending for themselves (which really is what happens). Plus further development of our alliance scripts should prove fun for all.

Then when we get into our AOR troops... thats something that makes me wet.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Should we tell them about how AI and human build pools will be completely different??.. oh wait.. i just did.. HA!

More on that later

Yeah, quit your job, fill up the fridge, unplug the phone, dump the grrlfiend, tell you friends and family you've gone on holiday, give your pets away... DAC - It's.. it's too real to be believed, and yet, it IS real! (soon)

HI, GREAT sub mod for TATW!
    What is progres status of DiC 4?
    Will u wait for pach 1.2 or ...?

threee post up :-)
    Last edited by ilicgzns; July 26, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Read 3 posts up

Self explanatory..
    Let us know what you think!?
    Do you like the Serpent or the Mumakil?

I've taken a short break from scripting today and pulled out the old artist gloves! With Tokus around i feel very enthused to be more artistic, so i whipped up a few things and i cannot wait for Renown to come online

I like the new one! Good stuff.

I am Tokus*Maximus and I endorse this DAC mod-message.

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Personally, i like the serpent...but then again i ALWAYS like something new so this is really cool NICE WORK!
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.