Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

Default Re: Divide And Conquer sub-mod

quick status update....

Okay, fixed all the CTD bugs I've come across. Now just have to fix the blank UI unit cards and silver textures, plus some very very basic unit/building balancing and a little diplomacy...

(Bree-land likes to try and conquer the rangers, and the elves to the east dont hate dol guldur)
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Subzeroplainzero's Avatar Civis

hey, sounds like things are going well. Damn! you're efficient and i'm sure everyone appreciates the regular updates
    I'm curious though..Does it take a long time to end your turn? From my experience with mods with loads of factions like the eras mod for example, it would take forever to get back to my turn.
    Don't tale this the wrong way though.. I'll gladly wait a month between turns to play this submod! Keep up the good work!!
    Mummy I love you

that depends, i know exactly what your talking about.

Short answer : No.

Long Answer: No, BUT, it will in the future. The reasons turns take so long to process is usually due to VNVs and scripts. The more factions you have + the more VNVs + scripts = A lot of things to check/trigger/process in a turn. Then add in more characters, and such.. and yes the turns can take a lot longer then a game with VERY VERY few VNVs and ancills, and a couple of factions

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    quick status update....

Okay, fixed all the CTD bugs I've come across. Now just have to fix the blank UI unit cards and silver textures, plus some very very basic unit/building balancing and a little diplomacy...

(Bree-land likes to try and conquer the rangers, and the elves to the east dont hate dol guldur)
    Great so I guess not much is left to mod until the release. Thank you for your work .

Subzeroplainzero's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    that depends, i know exactly what your talking about.

Short answer : No.

Long Answer: No, BUT, it will in the future. The reasons turns take so long to process is usually due to VNVs and scripts. The more factions you have + the more VNVs + scripts = A lot of things to check/trigger/process in a turn. Then add in more characters, and such.. and yes the turns can take a lot longer then a game with VERY VERY few VNVs and ancills, and a couple of factions

Well, most people here will have probably been playing empires anyway, so this mod will no doubt seem like a nanosecond in comparison
    Mummy I love you

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

Cut down on princesses, merchants, and diplomats, and it will go much smoother. These characters usually seem to take allot of the time between turns. I like the one character per building option myself, cuts the spam.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

I wish they would get the ability to mod empires soon. I'd love to see something like this for that system, between the graphics and the new diplomacy it be pretty impresive.

Update - Okay, i've been adding in units, have unit cards all done - thank you Erutaron. Silver textures are slow going you need to test them a lot. I'm just about done though, I believe I've got them all.

Should be releasing within two hours.

took me longer than I expected. Sigh. Coffee's effects just seem to dwindle the longer i'm awake.

Well Beta 1 is out. It's flimsy for now (in my opinion) but has the factions done, unit cards mostly all assigned, silver textures removed, and CTD's fixed. Balancing is ... well to be fixed. I'll likely release more tomorrow (later today) to deal with balancing.

I just need sleep now.
    Last edited by Archaon; August 12, 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Double post

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - Beta 1 released

Hi Guys,

Renown asked me to help set starting alliances, so the attached file has been made to do the following;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Dark lord allied with ALL evil factions.
    • ALL mordor orc factions allied with each other, Mordor, Guldur, & Angmar (Angmar/Guldur have military access to the Dark Lord)
    • OOTMM really held no allegiance, same for Isengard. Both are allied to the Dark lord, for invasions.
    • Men of Minhiriath remain neutral, evcept they are enemy of Bree.
    • All Dwarven factions allied together.
    • All Elven factions allied together
    • Ranger's allied with ALL GOOD factions, and have military access with Bree.
    • Elves of Lothlorien and Rivendell allied with Gondor/Rohan, and all share military access.
    • Umbar allied with Harad, and share military access.

Since my alliances mod is included in TATW 1.1 this file will help this mod DaC play out more to 'lore'. As these alliances will hold throughout the entire campaign unless a diplomat is sent to break them.

Several tweaks will be done to AI files and faction standing before the next BETA patch, Renown and I will be working together (like the good old days) to bring you all a quality Sub-Mod to an already fantastic Mod by the exceptional TATW team.

I have attached the descr_strat.txt that needs to be placed in;
    "SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\third_age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\" directory.
    NOTE: And you must delete the file called map.rwm found in “"SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\third_age\data\world\maps\base\" directory.

mmm
    it's a cool thing ^^
    i think thath i'll download it when it won't be only a beta^^
    some map screens with the new factions??

i downloaded it but alot of unit's for the new factions only have standard skins or silver skins
    and the new factions have a medieval banner

Edit: alot of factions cant even recruit any units?
    Last edited by stiefurkel; May 22, 2009 at 08:28 AM.

Could we get some screens and stuff ? Mostly from the campaign map. I know factions don't have their new banners and stuff, but well, seeing the starting locations would be nice.

Just downloaded and gave it a go, very fun, its awsome having loads of factions, well done Renown

EDIT: oh and just to chip in abit of lore, i believe Khamul was in command of Dol Guldur around the time of the war of the ring, not sure if it fits exactly with the timeleing or not, just thought id say.
    Last edited by Arvedui; May 22, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Hi Guys,

I'll be assiting Renown by providing full faction symbols for the future release. Any suggested links or materials for specific factions would be welcome this week; to help me check against my own research. I have time early June to devote to this. Until then real life stuff keeps me from even playing for too long. Fare ye all well 'til then and praise Reknown for this larger version of what is a mighty fine mod.

Tokus*Maximus

Art for DLV by Repman and DAC by Reknown, hmm... there's a pattern forming... heh.

Great the beta is released! I will try that after I finish my Isengard campaign.

Thank you Renown for this mod, Im sure its a good edition to this fantastic mod, and also thanks for Tokus*Maximus and Archaon, for your aid in this mod.
    Last edited by Skeleton Of The West; May 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Tokus*Maximus, about faction symbols and heraldry you should check this merp web

http://wiki.lindefirion.net/Heraldry

It have really good info about Gondor and the southern realms

Just wanted to shout out a quick thanks for Tokus, and Archaon for all their future work

As for the silver textures/ etc, if you can let me know which factions have them, that'd be great. There really shouldn't be that many.... I went through them all personally to fix. Screenshots will be coming.

As for the difference between Beta and a full version. They are always likely going to be beta's until I get things to my level of professionalism. I'd recommend trying it now

As for the Nazgul. They are all currently under the control of Mordor. I will in future versions be placing 3 nazgul in Dol Guldur, 1 in Angmar, and the rest in Mordor.

This game is NOT balanced. As for building units - that's likely an issue for the Rangers, Men of Minhiriath, and Rivendell/lindon elves. I've removed units and placed them in factions they should be in, but the building roster might be a bit off (they might need the second tier, instead of the first to get to their first unit).

This will all be worked out in future version, and as I add in the new units from agostino's the elves will get a little more ... 'umpf' I've also received permission from KK to work on the models in his game, now that means if this little project our ours attracts a modeller we can get working on some ideas for the Men of Minhiriath, (rangers I would only work on a little bit, they will always have a limited roster), and some of the new evil factions.

If we give the Elves TOO many good units, they become unbalanced, or well it would be harder to balance them, but i suppose it's doable. I'll get to playtesting today, and balancing really. Any issues you guys have... please let me know.
    Last edited by Renown; May 22, 2009 at 12:21 PM.

One thing iv realized whilst playing Dol Guldur is that Dol Guldur dosent seem to be able to upgrade its walls, is this a bug or is it just that your raised the level the population has to be at?

shouldn't be an issue. Didn't change that at all. Dol Guldur is a castle I believe, so its a slow population increase. *edit - its a city, and i'm not seeing it either.. strange might have missed something in the buildings.. sigh*

I will likely make Dol Guldur/Angmar citadel's in the future.

Checking it now though..

*edit* I called too quickly, it does upgrade... just as the normal one does. =) just don't leave the warchief in there... the people hate him! lol.
    Last edited by Renown; May 22, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Semisalis

Hi all ,

sorry for the misunderstanding of this mod but ..

the main objective is to split the many factions in 20-25 other ones ?

But what does it mean ? 4-5 units / factions :s ? or many units will be the same for dol guldur and mordor (just an example ?) ...

i dont understand a lot , sorry ...anyone can explain to me ?

Thanks .