Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod- Beta 3 released! *June 12*

Do you wan't any more people to the team? Well, I wan't something to do on my free time.

I can make traits, ancillaries, triggers, easy scripting, texturing (or more like retexturing and use ready textures),
    make ancillary cards, text editing, most of edu-editing. I can do all this under the condition that people respect what I want to use my free time for.

An ancillary card I made some weeks ago, for Immortal nazguls.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod- Beta 3 released! *June 12*

Ugh..trying to get Beta 3 to work but still getting unspecified errors. I sent the .bin file to the Text folder and the .txt file into the Data folder - still crashes

hmm, am I doing this wrong? I am no expert in M2TW modding and I generally dont like to mess around in game files. Where are these files in the quickfix supposed to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroux3369 View Post
    When playing as Lindon, you start with Lord Cirdan with no wife and no heir. The turn after he got married I suddenly had a faction heir of around 30 years old, with an almost full-stacked army consisting mainly of placeholders, in the middle of Lothlorien...?
    I included a script to spawn units for several factions that need a strength boost. I did this to improve the smaller factions initial positions and help them last longer. This should not be happening. I'll check it out.

As to the Saxon king issue for aragorn strange - it might be happening for the byzantium general, but not others... mm sigh. This is what happens when you upload things at 7 am.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Sorry if my question is stupid, but why are there 5 AI folders ??

I didn't find the answer on the first post

the bai addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    Ugh..trying to get Beta 3 to work but still getting unspecified errors. I sent the .bin file to the Text folder and the .txt file into the Data folder - still crashes

hmm, am I doing this wrong? I am no expert in M2TW modding and I generally dont like to mess around in game files. Where are these files in the quickfix supposed to go?

Hmmm, in my installation file the .bin is needed because the text file it refers to doesn't overwrite it. If you could send me your log file I could help. My guess is maybe the .bin in your case isn't being used first. So I'd delete the associated text file in your case.

@ Julian. Why don't you show me some other examples. I do need folks able to make unit cards for example. Or in the future a limited selection of ancill cards. Thing is I'd likely be telling you what to do for the most part, or at least what I need.

Theres a lot of work to be done before this is anywhere near what i'd consider a non-beta release which requires a lot of teamwork and dedication!

will you repackage and re-release?

yes, but if you are waiting for that I wouldnt. It shouldn't be a concern at all. The files I've added in this post will fix your issues and they are an easy installation. If you think they aren't consider this a good learning experience =)

Anything that helps you figure out how to get a game working right is a good step in figuring out how to mod.

I am very good with modding TW games except ETW. Started to tinker with MTW, so i am good but some may not be as knowledgeable as we are.

I have attached the .dds files that belong in the data/banners folder..

I get errors when trying to unzip with winrar.

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    @ Julian. Why don't you show me some other examples. I do need folks able to make unit cards for example. Or in the future a limited selection of ancill cards. Thing is I'd likely be telling you what to do for the most part, or at least what I need.

Theres a lot of work to be done before this is anywhere near what i'd consider a non-beta release which requires a lot of teamwork and dedication!
    Thanks for you answer, the thing is that I can do more then I've done.
    Because of my lack of fantasy, I decided to make a portrait.

behold, Stalin!
    mid age and old

well, it's not perfect, some small finishing touches was needed, and some color and light adjusments on the character

well lets see, I'll give you a set list of things to get done.. and see how you do. Based upon that work we may make you a team member =) Unlike some other mods I don't want to have a team of 10+ people with them doing basically nothing. Everyone will be fairly important.

Just got a fun bit of info for you all -

Coming Soon - Unique Battle Maps? Yes.

Osgiliath, Black Gates, Helm's Deep. - Maybe

(Dependent on if we get a building modeller of sufficient skill to really make it worthwhile.)

(No, these will not be unique settlement battles, but something dependent on the tile on the map being fought on. I'm not a 100% sure I can get it working as I desire, but I may very well be able to... more to come in the future)

Could you post the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt not the strings.

no. I dont have an updated one seeing as how it didn't work for me.

As in - I tried editing the text file on my computer but the changes wouldn't stick. For some reason I had to make a new .bin for it to register on my computer.

If it doesn't work for you, just delete the .txt file and it should.

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    I get errors when trying to unzip with winrar.
    i used the windows integrated .zip feature and it worked, also i use 7zip anf that works perfectly as well.
    Maybe try those and come back to me if there are still issues.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JuL14n View Post
    Do you wan't any more people to the team? Well, I wan't something to do on my free time.

I can make traits, ancillaries, triggers, easy scripting, texturing (or more like retexturing and use ready textures),
    make ancillary cards, text editing, most of edu-editing. I can do all this under the condition that people respect what I want to use my free time for.

An ancillary card I made some weeks ago, for Immortal nazguls.

hehe thats a v kl ancillary i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    Hmmm, in my installation file the .bin is needed because the text file it refers to doesn't overwrite it. If you could send me your log file I could help. My guess is maybe the .bin in your case isn't being used first. So I'd delete the associated text file in your case.
    Thanks for the advice, will try it right away. And not to sound dumb, I saw a description on how to show the log file but can't remember where it was. Could anyone here please tell me how to get my log file after a crash?

best regards,
    Aru

Fresh TATW install + patch 1.1
    Fresh DAC + the two files in the quick patch

Good to play the extended faction mod at last. Everything ran fine. Had half a dozen campaign turns building up Rohan. Tweaking mini-symbols in the gui so they sit better in the Diplomacey Overview screen. However; after running into two large rebel stacks outside the bandit town of Derwath, my army headed by Theoden was attacked by Rebel Capt walt and Capt Eadwyn. I set my forces upon a hill ready for the onslaught. When I clicked 'Begin battle' the game CTD'd - encountering an unspecified error and then closed.

I've run the game six times, been attacked by those rebels in different places around Derwath town get the same crash the minute i click on the 'start battle' button after army formation setup.