Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111126 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2578

Thread: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

i can't install part 2 it says the file is broken or in unknown format can i have a newer file

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

Did you read the instructions?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

that doesn't have anything to do with it i know how to install its that there is no way it can copy it

I sorry jedi7000nathan, but you don't know how to install it and it has everything to do with it. If you had read the instructions you would know that properly unpacking part 1 also unpacks part 2. So please try reading it, it really does provide answers to questions.
    Divide and Conquer Developer

Quote Originally Posted by OriontheHunter View Post
    I sorry jedi7000nathan, but you don't know how to install it and it has everything to do with it. If you had read the instructions you would know that properly unpacking part 1 also unpacks part 2. So please try reading it, it really does provide answers to questions.
    Not quite true.I did the install directions and they did not work for me.I had to select both part 1 and part 2 at the same time in 7zip to extract to a created folder on desk top.Selecting the first so the second would auto extract did not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Not quite true.I did the install directions and they did not work for me.I had to select both part 1 and part 2 at the same time in 7zip to extract to a created folder on desk top.Selecting the first so the second would auto extract did not work for me.
    If you recall I responded to your statement previously. Here is the post:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...67#post6260267

I'm guessing, and I apologize if I'm wrong, that you did one of two things, either you didn't have both files in the same folder when you tried to unpack them or you unpacked the 1st and didn't see any kind of notification for the second and so you assumed that it didn't unpack, when in fact it did unpack and you could have played the game.

How hard is this mod in its current beta compared to TATW? I played one of the early DAC betas and found the AI too easy to beat. Just wondering if it has been upgraded since?

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
    How hard is this mod in its current beta compared to TATW? I played one of the early DAC betas and found the AI too easy to beat. Just wondering if it has been upgraded since?

depends on the faction. We are trying to give every facion an unique experience.
    -Khazad-dum is currently becoming really difficult. It is really your survival and maintain and get back the old dwarven kingdom.
    -Gondor has been made more difficult by, for example adding an umbar invasion script.
    We are trying to use every discovered and yet undiscovered aspect of the medieval engine and kingdoms.
    -isengard will be more difficult if it is evil. You must undergo the concequences of using chopping down the trees of fangorn for making an uruk hai army
    -MUCH MORE
    DAC 4.0 = Third age total war extreme edition

Under the patronage of Pøntifex Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eol_Nauglamir View Post
    -Khazad-dum is currently becoming really difficult. It is really your survival and maintain and get back the old dwarven kingdom.
    From my short stint in the current version as the Dwarves of Khazad-dum (Before I got a random CTD somewhere around turn 15-20 ), I can imagine it would be extremely hard. Seeing as you can't hire anything for forever. And income sucks until you build some mines. Which take forever to finish (Along with everything else and its mother).

But I'm still looking forward to playing as them in 4.0!

Dwarves of Khazad-dum take forever before they actually get to do anything. The first few dozen turns is all about surviving with the army you were given at first. Love the challenge, but I can see how one mistake in any of the first few turns can really mess up your campaign.

If you recall I responded to your statement previously. Here is the post:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...67#post6260267

I'm guessing, and I apologize if I'm wrong, that you did one of two things, either you didn't have both files in the same folder when you tried to unpack them or you unpacked the 1st and didn't see any kind of notification for the second and so you assumed that it didn't unpack, when in fact it did unpack and you could have played the game.
    Actually i did have them in the same folder and after extraction it only showed half of the 2 part download.I tried it and it would not play.I deleted it and high lighted both files the next try and set to extract and it worked fine.I have no idea why it did not auto the second file on the first try but it did not.Only after i high lighted both is when it was successful.
    It worked and is working fine now.Thats all that matters.

Will the voices be fixed on next version?Elves talking like Orcs and Orcs talking like humans and so on.

I can't guarantee. No-one is currently working on polishing touches which may get broken again with the new changes we're making.

Ask again when we either confirm that we're working on it, OR when the mod is ready for release (and I don't mean 4.0).

@ Tropical Bob & Kawee - At the minute, that's generally the intention =D Don't worry though, I can see you're finding it too easy (Still alive at Turn 15-20, what?), Bela has some tasty idea's. I'll leave it to Bela when he returns next week.

What Stainless Steel is for Medieval 2, we're hoping to make Divide and Conquer for Third Age =D

As a note, I'll be taking my leave for a week, starting on the 23rd November. The Marines have called =)

but my point is that I can't get into the 2nd file at all i don't have problem with extaction i just can't get into the file to extract

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Actually i did have them in the same folder and after extraction it only showed half of the 2 part download.I tried it and it would not play.I deleted it and high lighted both files the next try and set to extract and it worked fine.I have no idea why it did not auto the second file on the first try but it did not.Only after i high lighted both is when it was successful.
    It worked and is working fine now.Thats all that matters.
    Agreed that's all that matters, and I do apologize for my mistake, I wonder, based upon your statement, if maybe you began unpacking the first before the second was finished downloading. It does work the way outlined in the instructions, so I am somewhat curious as to why it didn't for you.

Stupid forum started freaking out when I tried to edit my post to answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    but my point is that I can't get into the 2nd file at all i don't have problem with extaction i just can't get into the file to extract
    I know what your point is, and mine is that if you follow the instructions it's a non issue. Try following the link I posted in response to OSDEA7, if you want an explanation.

define what you meen by unpack because i can't extract anything from the file

Cut and Paste both parts into an empty new folder.

Apparently Highlight both parts, then right click on 7z.001, and go into 7zip, and then "Extract Here".

It'll automatically extract it, and then cut and paste the Third_AgeDaC folder into Sega\Medieval 2\Mods Directory.

Open the Third_AgeDaC.cfg, and search for windowed, change true to false. Away you goo.

define what you meen by unpack because i can't extract anything from the file
    Since Vaz, has given you the instructions, I'll explain. You can't extract that file separately, something you would have been able to figure out if you had read the instructions. The reason for it, is that it's part 2 of a single file, so if you have them both together when you extract/unpack the 1st file both are extracted/unpacked at the same time, there is no need to try and extract it separately.

Agreed that's all that matters, and I do apologize for my mistake, I wonder, based upon your statement, if maybe you began unpacking the first before the second was finished downloading. It does work the way outlined in the instructions, so I am somewhat curious as to why it didn't for you.
    Trust me i did not understand why either.I was about to be frustrated and then when i high lighted both at the same time and it worked i was happy.