Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer - An Expanded Faction Mod - Beta released! 3.99* series Sept 1st Oct ## NEWS! We have reached 31 faction limit !!! ##

Default Re: Divide And Conquer - Beta 2 released! *May 25*

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    The rangers already make a lot of loot. it would take 10 turns per militia. They are also half what Gondor militia is. 97 men on huge army.
    no.

i'm just not doing it. Ever.

As Archaon states, using them as defensive units gives you more offensive punching power.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Militia would kind of suck, as though the human may use the cleverly (Still would suck though) the AI would use them as front line units, which kinda destroys the point of RotN.

This mod is so unpredicatble , i havnt had the same campaign twice (like when X faction always take X settlment)

recruit_priority_offset 50

Quote Originally Posted by Arvedui View Post
    Militia would kind of suck, as though the human may use the cleverly (Still would suck though) the AI would use them as front line units, which kinda destroys the point of RotN.

This mod is so unpredicatble , i havnt had the same campaign twice (like when X faction always take X settlment)
    is that good? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    is that good? hehe
    IMO it is, as long as the Diplomacy is right

Which it is!

BTW Renown, i see you getting lots of Rep hehe congratulations!

That would kind of kill the whole idea of "Aragorn is the last heirs of the kings of Arnor" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    IMO it is, as long as the Diplomacy is right

Which it is!

BTW Renown, i see you getting lots of Rep hehe congratulations!
    Mneh, rep doesn't mean much until they allow me to give negative rep to idiots.

**update**

I've been messing with ways to have the AI garrison it's towns more effectively without actually diminishing from the forces they field.

I have a feeling this is the NUMBER ONE issue that all factions suffer from. The Garrison script is an inadequate way of coping. I'm likely going to remove it entirely next patch.

I do not disagree with spawning units just, spawning them that way is unfair.
    Last edited by Renown; May 26, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    Mneh, rep doesn't mean much until they allow me to give negative rep to idiots.
    They had negative rep once, but people would just give it to posts they didn't agree with instead of trolls and flames, so they disabled it.

But I agree that rep is completely meaningless, which is why I've disabled mine in boycott of the rep-whoring that goes on here.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Yo' Team DAC!

The complete overhaul of exisiting TATW faction symbols is looking sweet.

Now developing expanded roster to make a full 'Divide and Conquer' set of symbols and banners. I'll be presenting Renown with the work this week and we hope you will be able to enjoy them in a forthcoming release. Then it is straight onto strat map symbols; unifying the lot. Keep sending in links and suggestions for factions you may have a promising image link for. Thank you.

Hope this finds you all well,

Tokus*Bombadil

Nice Mod.. tried a bit... Rangers are fun.. but how can you manage to hold off angmar... they send in armies almost each turn, can't retrain or even build units to recover the losses....okay.. maybe i'm just too bad
    Hope you extend the mod and make some special buildings and more unique units for the factions

Hey Renown, iv just done a sort of mock win conditions thing, would it be alright if i put it up for those interested?

uhm is it supposed thed in Khazad-Dűm there is a Shrine of Melkor by default?

'cause can't recruit units there until i destroy it, and build the dwarfen culture building....

maybe this 'causes thos Dwarfs to be anhilated so early

no, i intended that. The Khazad-Dum faction is basically an easter egg. As to the Rangers... I can't quite help ye there, They are what they are.

as for the win conditions, if you want to... I've been working on them myself for the next release and testing them to see what happens.

The leader Khazad-Dum should be Lord. Like Lord of Moria. From what I know there is only one King of the Longbeards.

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    The leader Khazad-Dum should be Lord. Like Lord of Moria. From what I know there is only one King of the Longbeards.
    where do you get your information?

If anything, I'd expect that about Belegost, not Khazad-dum - where Balin went without any authorization and against the King of Erebor's wishes.

Yes, I realize Balin was never mentioned as King of Khazad-dum, yet every previous leader there WAS.

Seeing as how the Longbeards, Firebeards, and Broadbeams were all now mostly one people... as these things go they were quite a seperate event, or would you suggest that Belegost was under the authority of Erebor too? Despite the fact that it is where some Dwarves of Erebor went when they were banished?

Last edited by lordyu; May 26, 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Hmmm, that wonderful 'king crowned in capital' script in DLV - imagine gaining your faction's crown and all the bonuses to troop morale and whatnot that it entails. The beauty of the system is that when you conquer an enemy capital and sit your King/Leader in it for a turn or so (and he has an ancillary slot free in his retinue) he'll get the enemy crown too!

Laetus

Playing a game as Angmar I noticed that the Lindon faction units are having skin problems on the battle map. There seems to be two different unit types both named elven archers and one of them is lacking skin. So doeas their ballista units.

Also, since it's supposed to be difficult to expand as the rangers and the elves, why not take away or at least severely limit their culture buildings. You can't really be converted to elfdom.

that_sweed love the name.

Yes i noticed the descr_strat has used units for factions that do not belong, so the game starts and these units are causing you to see silver skins.
    However in the custom battles you can see the same unit working, plus once you recruit that unit it works.. so its just a matter of tidying up the descr_strat.txt.. this is BETA so its expected.
    Thanks for the bug, keep them coming!

as for the cultures, the rangers are deliberately left this way, they are the rangers.. we want them to have limited expansion, so until a better solution is found this is our means to keep them from taking over the entire ME early on.

Quote Originally Posted by that_sweed View Post
    Playing a game as Angmar I noticed that the Lindon faction units are having skin problems on the battle map. There seems to be two different unit types both named elven archers and one of them is lacking skin. So doeas their ballista units.

Also, since it's supposed to be difficult to expand as the rangers and the elves, why not take away or at least severely limit their culture buildings. You can't really be converted to elfdom.
    culture is supposed to represent an increase in recruitable men / population.

RoTN require 90% culture to recruit units. So, expanding for them is very slow.

I'm going to do the same thing for Bree and the Elves. And up the same for Dwarves.

At the same time i dont want to remove the ability for cultures to expand at all. There is a line between Lore/Realism and Gameplay.

I might not add Militia to Rangers, but nor will I remove their ability to expand. As it is, its very hard for them.

Elves have it slightly easier, but not by much.