Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug!

Thanks so much! I'm so glad I can finally play minor nations with win conditions.
    When I was a kid, I used to wake up in my twin size bed and wonder where my brother was.

How do you install the 8 turns per campaign mod

For some reason it crashes shortly after trying to create a new campaign for me. I would like to be the pirates. The other 'faction unlock' worked for me (with issues like only 6 buccaniers available), but this one seems to crashes when starting. The late one worked fine though. :/

miggy_noob - just extract it to your data\campaigns\main folder, like the other one. If you can't find that, it will be under:

C:/Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Empire Total War/Data/Campaigns/Main. Just overwrite the existing startpos (you may want to back it up first).

Ghaleon - various mods crash on different peoples computers - if this mod wasn't working period, then we would have about 1000 complaints, but unfortunately, I think it may be that your computer doesn't like the mod, rather than the mod not working. There is always the possiblity that you have extracted it incorrectly or something, or you delete your startpos and extracted minee to the wrong folder, so just check that everything is present, if it is, try re-downloading the mod, and if that doesn't work, delete my startpos, and use the vanilla one/ the one with FOW.

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

i just downloaded the mod, and all the factions are there for the camapign and everything, but they werent in play battle or online. are they supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    Instalation
    Just back up your startpos.esf, and extract this startpos.esf into your data\campaigns\main, and enjoy!
    Thank for this work.

As one new to adding mods, could you explain where the noted data folder is, or perhaps (for the unlearned like myself) a more rudimentary explanation? I looked in the Steam Folder, but didn't note a Data Folder anywhere. I must be either blind, or I am missing something.

Thanks

Question two: if one opts for a Late Era version, will it work along side the other All FActions Mod. or replace it? In other words, can one have both as options?

AussieDigger - No, only for the GC. You could very easily unlock them for battle yourself if you want, or if not, I am almost certain there is a unlock all factions for custom battle mod somwhere.

Scamander - I have the specific folder just a bit higher up. I will update the OP, it seems your not the only one having the problem of not being able to find the folder.

Scamander - I have the specific folder just a bit higher up. I will update the OP, it seems your not the only one having the problem of not being able to find the folder.
    Cheers

AussieDigger - No, only for the GC. You could very easily unlock them for battle yourself if you want, or if not, I am almost certain there is a unlock all factions for custom battle mod somwhere.
    i searched around for a while and found nothing, and i have absolutely no experience actually modding at all
    anyway, great job with it!

*edit*
    I just found the unlocker on this forum, except i dont think it works anymore, from what people are saying it crashes all the time
    Last edited by TheAussieDigger; June 10, 2009 at 04:10 AM.

Can you possibly make the late GC mods start in 1700 rather than 1783? I mean, I know almost nothing about modding, but that seems to be a fairly simple addition.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

some factions have there navy's in the fog of war.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Aussie - The problem is, you can only have some amount of factions unlocked for custom battle, and when you try to unlock more than that, the computer complains.

Luv - it is possible, but not easily, and unfortunately I am quite busy atm.

Emperor - Yeah, I only fixed it for pirates and portugal atm, it shouldn't be too horrible for other factions. I was meaning to fix it, but never got round to it.

I have a big problem. When i try to play a Campaign, it's stuck on the year 1784. Ans it switches between 1784 and 1786 every 2 turns. And everything is researched for me. Well almost everything. And it says something wierd for my victory, to like capture this and this region. Anyhelp??

Aussie - The problem is, you can only have some amount of factions unlocked for custom battle, and when you try to unlock more than that, the computer complains.
    is it possible to make something so that the person who downloads the mod gets to choose what factions they want or something?

Denmark has a fleet that doesn't start with FOW revealed.
    When I was a kid, I used to wake up in my twin size bed and wonder where my brother was.

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Hi guys I downloaded the file and when I start playing as minor faction tge game crash to desktrop any advices?
    anyway which version of empire should I use?
    Last edited by Haedar; June 14, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

Cant play! Crashes always when entering new campaign.

I just tested shortly if this works in my computer, and seems to run fine, but i played Punjab and only about 7 turns so only short test, going back to vanilla version because just got the game and have finished only 1 Long Campaign, someday i try to play USA

Thing i found is this Punjab is really not playable because they have sikh religion, and they cant build any kind of religious buildings, maybe if it was muslim or hindu they could? Dont know but if its easy to change religion its worth a try..... there are propably some other small countries with same problem so its better play coutries who have some major religion.

Hi!

I started to play as pirates yesterday (2tpy, early campaign) but I have a problem with diplomacy: on the diplomatic screen, whichever faction I choose, there are no diplomatic options available. Other factions have offered me a ceasefire and I can accept it, but even with them I cannot negotiate anything. The only opion that's visible is a greyed-out "request trade agreement" (which I cannot use at this point due to lack of trade ports).

Is it intentional that pirates cannot do any diplomatic works, or is it a bug? If it's a bug, is there any way to work around it? I use no other mods.

Where in the .esf file do you change the campaign date? All I can find is where you change it on the campaign launch page.