Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: All Factions Unloacked No FOW Bug!

Hey, does late GC factions have VC's?
    I also remember a glitch where Mamelukes don't have access to European Doctrine tech, but have Nizam-Cedit infantry on their roster. This means they don't have any access to profession light infantry, so may wanna fix that if not already.

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug!

Where is the United States? You can play with them, can't you? Been trying to get them for ages now, nothing seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Hey, does late GC factions have VC's?
    I also remember a glitch where Mamelukes don't have access to European Doctrine tech, but have Nizam-Cedit infantry on their roster. This means they don't have any access to profession light infantry, so may wanna fix that if not already.
    No, I tried putting them on, but all that comes up on the VCs on the opening screen is 'Hey Alan, where are my VCs?' (was CA plannning to make a late campaign of there own out of RTI episode 5? And who is Alan). Don't know about mamlukes - but considering this is 1783, and the Ottomans would have definitely researched European Doctrine by then - maybe the Mamlukes had as well? Not sure about that, but as I said, giving them European DOctrine involes editing a pack file, and I'd rather keep this mod simply as a startpos.esf (unless there is an overwhelming amount of people requesting the same pack file - but just having the startpos makes it easier to activate)

The US should be in any of the Late Grand Campaigns, but not the early one - either you have downloaded the early one instead of one of the late ones, or you have put your startpos in the wrong folder/not oerwritten your original startpos.

Oh yeah, and - Sctotland's 100% Muslim?! Early or late campaign?

Hey Irmo, has Trasibulos allowed you to use his flags?
    I9f he has, then maybe an easy(er) way might be to just take his startpos (Can't remember if he has a pack fike), and add VC's to it.

This is the flag mod by Trasibulos:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250640

The Crimean Khanate is fun - call it a little Taras Bulba. Unfortunately to get mounted Cossacks we need Carbine tech, to get that we need barracks, and to get that we need to already be on the way to empire. Would it be reasonable to add Carbine tech for the Khanate so it Khanate can field mounted as well as foot Cossacks?

Thanks

I tried Genoa last night:

This faction has no Army Encampment; hence, can not develop the Army Tech tree (bayonets, etc.).

I wonder - was this intentional? Can this be corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    I tried Genoa last night:

This faction has no Army Encampment; hence, can not develop the Army Tech tree (bayonets, etc.).

I wonder - was this intentional? Can this be corrected?
    It can be corrected: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260304

The easiest solution is to capture a settlement with the building you need. Until you do so, use your gentleman to steal technology.
    Last edited by erasmus777; May 27, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

Semisalis

I am playing a campaing as Bavaria at the moment, and whenever i try to besige one of the Pirate cities the game crashes. Can someone confirm this bug?

@ Fridericus/erasmus It can be corrected, but it isn't really plausible until there is an esf editor with a search, and there still are a few bugs I think .

batman, I will get it done tomorrow or on Friday.

@shah That doesn't sound like a problem with the mod - it maight be a problem with the game - one of the CTD's that some people used to get (and I assume some people still get) If this is a bug with my mod, I wouldn't have a clue what the problem could possibly be.

Selim Yavuz's Avatar Semisalis

Hello all. I'm having a bit of trouble with this, as I can't find the files for Empire on my hardrive anywhere, and when I tried uninstalling and re-installing, damn Steam wouldn't tell me where it was installing it to. Has anyone else had this problem?

"My home policy: I wage war; my foreign policy: I wage war. All the time I wage war."- Georges Clemenceau
    "Being born in a stable does not make one a horse." - Arthur Wellesley
    "A bullet that hits you in the back hurts no more than one that hits you in the chest." - Archduke Charles
    "A carpet is large enough to accommodate two sufis, but the world is not large enough for two Kings." - Yavuz Sultan Selim
    "Two wars cannot be waged with one army." -Prince Eugene of Savoy
    "They do not want to hear about the Grace of God? They will hear the grace of the cannon." - Prince Alfred Windischgrätz

You need to extact it to here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Selim Yavuz's Avatar Semisalis

Ah, thank you very much kind sir. I would have never figured that out myself.

"My home policy: I wage war; my foreign policy: I wage war. All the time I wage war."- Georges Clemenceau
    "Being born in a stable does not make one a horse." - Arthur Wellesley
    "A bullet that hits you in the back hurts no more than one that hits you in the chest." - Archduke Charles
    "A carpet is large enough to accommodate two sufis, but the world is not large enough for two Kings." - Yavuz Sultan Selim
    "Two wars cannot be waged with one army." -Prince Eugene of Savoy
    "They do not want to hear about the Grace of God? They will hear the grace of the cannon." - Prince Alfred Windischgrätz

Civis

Intercept? I always assumed that if an enemy passed within the closest green circle then you had the opportunity to intercept them. Playing as Georgia the enemy is able to pass directly by Tiblisi without interference on the their way to my college. is this a bug or am I wrong in my assumption? Also I am unable to unload troops onto any land except my own. that makes it impossible to achieve goals that include capturing, say, Corsica.

Have you talked with Trasibulos about his flags yet?

The Crimean Khanate conquered all its victory objectives and gained some military technology, but so far Square can be used but not bayonets, and Cossack infantry can only be built in the Crimea and its adjoining region - Georgia and Armenia allow Tatars, but elsewhere ground units can't be built and the fanciest ships possible even with dockyard are galleys and Indiamen - the fancy captured military buildings allow tech research (which does not appear to be helpful) but no builds - so the armies are limited to Cossack foot and Tatars, with an odd Cossack horse (buildable only in Crimea once Carbines are eventually researched) plus generals.

Since even native Americans can get artillery (!), my thought is there's some settings work to be done on the minors. Still been fun though. Conquered the Caucasus and Astrakhan (eventually sold Astrakhan back to Russia), forced into wars I won with the minors in the Caucasus and then Persia, which was busy stomping the Ottomans until I gutted them (ending up with Anatolia and Mesopotamia). The incessant declarations of war from Russia and Poland eventually stopped when I made nice enough with them and an alliacne with Russia (but never asked them to join when Poland DOWd). They are good trade partners and I hope to get to 1750 without a Russian war as they do want the Caucasus area. My other issue is the Moghuls, who attacked once Persia was crushed and I'm beating them.

Austria was big for a time, but Poland is dominating E Europe, the other powers not much changed except for Russia grabbing East Prussia. The Mughals still own India with Mysore grabbing the Carnatic from the Marathas, which left the latter with Goa and one other region and no longer a land threat - though they are heavily into naval trade.

Most countries accumulate wars with lots of opponents - doesn't seem right.

x
    Last edited by Krosforus; December 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Avicenna's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Krosforus View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Scotland is 100% Muslim?

A little early now, aren't we?
    rofl. Blame England!

jml322's Avatar Tiro
    Chicago, IL but, lived in Texas, Cali, and Az. Grandparents moved from Denmark.

great work! Love it.
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." George S. Patton

I have been playing this mod with the sound and smoke mod installed. This has made this game enjoyable again. I find myself playing this game every day now..Thanks

One thing i want to ask for is if you could somehow get the long range arty in forts back? CA patched them to fire just as far as the ordinary cannons etc, but i have noticed that this mod has made them short range as they were before the CA patch. Not sure if you know how to fix this but that would have made this mod perfect.

Keep up the great work