Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Welcome, astonalm. You could try the suggestions here.

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Hey.

I'm using the old startpos mod (page 27, I think) for unpatched versions. It works so far but, I can't see my city when I'm playing certain minor factions (ex: Persia & Morocco). Is ther a way to fix this? I'm not really that knowledgeable in this modding thing.

its because fog of war wasnt removed on that early mod,
    in low right corner of the screen in game you have a List,
    and here you can select units, fleets , gentlemen etc, if you select one of these, and move it a little,
    then you remove FoW,
    you can also google how to remove FoW in ESF editor,
    either way unpatched is ungodly prone to crash
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

I'm sorry to say this but I'm not really familiar with editing game files, and I don't really want to risk corrupting the game so, is it okay to request a ready-to-download file? Thanks in advance.

Just another question. Does the minor faction here have victory conditions too?

cant remember, but you will see that right away when you select a faction and select [short campaign] [long campaign] etc,
    it says right there which regions is needed

Okay, I just did what you said. And the victory conditions are ed up.

Looks like I'll have to fix this too...

Ok, i cant even find the link to download the mod on this forum, what do i do?

Welcome, high112.

The link in the original post has disappeared. I sent a private message to Irmo asking for the mod to be re-uploaded. I do not know whether Irmo is still around.

It is still possible to get some 'all factions unlocked' mods - poa posted some 'all factions unlocked' mods on earlier pages of this thread (for example, posts on pages 26, 27 and 29). Alternatively, you could also try the Empire Total Factions mod, if you would like a mod which makes minor and emergent factions available with few other changes. Some of the hosted mods (such as Darthmod, Imperial Destroyer and Imperial Splendour) unlock minor factions; they also make big changes to the game-play (see the descriptions of each mod for more information.)

See the problem is though, i run on a mac computer and i came to this forum because i saw a video that allows me to use this exact mod for the mac, i don't think the total factions mod works on mac, but really if you know any mod that works for mac and lets me play as the pirates, that's all i want

It sounds like your best option would be to use one of the 'all factions unlocked' mods posted by poa on pages 26, 27 and 29 of this thread, then. Alternatively, you could look at the Mac Mod Guide, if you haven't done so already.

But again, do any of poa's mods let me play as the pirates, because i looked at them and they appear to be only for specific minor nations.

The original 'All factions unlocked no FoW mod" had every last faction playable,
    they still are in the adjustments i made, and i specified what changes i made to the original mod

okay, then ill see if i cant adjust them to work on my mac or not. Cheers friend.

hey, the mod works and im very excited, but one problem, when i started the pirate campaign, the fow was covering all my fleets and regions preventing me from selecting any of my fleets or buildings, there a way to fix it?

yes, FoW wasnt removed from Pirate fleets,and also not from Naples region and Portugal fleets,
    so what you have to do is press on the list button in lower right corner, select fleets,
    select a specific fleet and move it 1 cm or so, ...and it is now visible.

alternatively read up on how to remove FoW and edit startpos.esf

one last problem, it would seem the pirates are limited to training only 6 regiments of their swordsmen, is their a way to remove that?

try this mod
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, you could do that by creating a modded pack file containing the buccaneers unit from the units_table, setting the unit limit to 0 (zero means unlimited recruitment). There are tutorials on how to make mods in the Mods Workshop.

Having said that, you don't necessarily need to make a mod. Poa made a pirate mod which is available here. Alternatively, you could try the Minor Factions Revenge or Pirates Über Alles & Russian Сompany mods (both of these mods are available from the Compilations and Overhauls part of the Mod Threads forum).

[Edit - I see that poa got here first!]

amazing !
    i was , first google for a good while,
    i then proceeded to search page after page, 15 pages, to find where i uploaded that mod,
    to no avail, so i had to upload again.
    Yet you found it, and i wonder whats the secret of finding stuff ?