Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Sorry to hear that. I have not experienced that problem and have no idea what would cause that - sorry. Hopefully someone else can help.

Is it any Darthmod for mac (Appstore) that i can download here? if? could u do a tutorial how to instal it?

When I play as the pirates I can't select any of my cities, units etc and there is just FOW everywhere. Any help on how to fix this?

click on list in low left corner, then select fleets, then click on each fleet in the list and move them some,
    move the fleets near the pirate cities towards the pirate cities, park a ship in each harbor
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Is there anyway to play as United States with 4 turns per year I like to play darthmod with this faction however the 4 turns per year is the only thing that doesnt work and Esf editor just causes CTD with darthmod can someone help????

Laetus

Played Late GC No FOW 8 Turns.zip, however, and get ready for this... Scotland has 100% islam religion.. what the hell ?! o.O Didn't realise Scotland had been converted to the word of the prophet muhammad..Next thing they'll be wanting independence on the grounds of Islam..

Do you know how to fix the religion in Scotland (assuming that you want to)?

If not, you would need an ESF Editor (I use ESF Editor 1.4.5; other versions are available to download). Make a copy of the the startpos.esf file for Late GC No FOW 8 Turns. Start the ESF Editor. Open the copy of the startpos.esf file. Open the following location: campaign startpos/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/region_manager/regions_array/Scotland/Scotland/Population/region_factors/religion_breakdown. To restore the vanilla levels of religion, set rel_islamic to 0, rel_catholic to 0.3, rel_protestant to 0.7 and check that the values for the other religions are 0. Close the folders which you have opened. Save the startpos file. Put the edited startpos file in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/campaigns_2 (since this is a Late Campaign startpos).

(I'm sorry if I'm telling you things that you know already. Sorry, RogMrZackrast, I don't know how to fix that problem - I hope that you found a solution.)

here is this startpos with saxony courland crimea have unlocked diplomacy, and some other changes
    Attached Files Attached Files

anyone know how to play as Scotland and Ireland?

i made a scotland startpos, but i cant play as any other nation with it, do you want it ?

sonixs, welcome; you can play as Scotland or Ireland with the Empire Total Factions mod (available from the StartPos Mods section of the Hosted Mods forum) and probably some other mods.

Hey guys, Newb here. Can someone tell me how to "make a backup"of the file. I clicked download. Went to package contents and got to the startpos files, but I'm not quite sure where to go from there. Thanks!!

Welcome, Lmalone21.

If you're going go use a modded startpos to play the Grand Campaign, then the modded startpos needs to go in your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main folder (that is the path to find the folder on this Windows 7 PC; if your computer is different then the path may vary). Before copying a startpos into that folder, I recommend opening that folder. You will find two files, a startpos.esf and a scripting.lua file. You are likely to need to replace either or both of these files if you are using a modded startpos. When you do that, it's possible to become confused about which were the original (vanilla) files. That's why I suggest copying and pasting the startpos.esf and the scripting.lua into another folder (called something like 'vanilla ETW main folder').

Normally, when you add mods (e.g. unit packs) you just add the mod file to the data folder - you don't need to rename the vanilla files. When using a modded startpos.esf (and/or scripting.lua) you do need to rename or remove the original files from the data/campaigns/main folder. When you start the game, the game will normally use whichever startpos.esf and scripting.lua files it finds in the data/campaigns/main folder. (If you use a mod such as DarthMod or Empire Total Factions, then using a different startpos is more complicated because those mods move their own startpos and scripting files into this folder automatically when you select options on their launchers. I am assuming that you are not using one of those mods.)

For example: you want to use a modded startpos called Lmalone21startpos.esf. Suppose you try the following (this is not a set of steps to follow, it aims to illustrate mistakes which people could make and to show you the results):-

(a) You move this file into your data/campaigns/main folder. You do nothing else and start a campaign. Result: the game will start normally and ignore your modded startpos - it will use the vanilla startpos.esf instead.
    (b) You cut and paste the startpos.esf into a different folder, leaving Lmalone21startpos.esf in the data/campaigns/main folder. You start the game. Result: the game will crash because it cannot find a file named startpos.esf in the data/campaigns/main folder
    (c) You rename your Lmalone21startpos.esf to startpos.esf. You start the game. Result: the game should start and should use your modified startpos.

That is why I recommend making a backup copy of the original startpos.esf file - because your modified file will need to have the same name to work.

If, when moving startpos files around, you accidentally lose or delete one of the game's original files, you can ask Steam to verify your game files. First, cut and paste whichever startpos files you have in the data/campaigns/main folder. Then, on Steam, right-click on Empire Total War, select Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Steam will detect the absence of the file and will put a copy of the missing file in the correct folder for you.
    - Save often and test your 'work in progress'. It can be disheartening to make a hundred changes only to find that the resulting mod crashes the game.
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 07, 2014 at 05:17 AM.

Hello all, I'm new here. When I registered, I immediately downloaded this mod. It is really awesome, me and my brothers love it. It still has two or three glitches though. The Pirates still have the FOW issue; and Pirates and Dagestan show the wrong leader in the menu. But really, the down side is minuscule in comparison to the the loads of fun you get from playing minor nations.
    A hand to all who made this work,
    Masaccio

FoW can be overcome by selecting List in low right corner, select Fleet, and then select each fleet and move them a bit,
    it is also possible to google ETW FoW how to remove it

...ahem, just saw i had post exactly that just a few post before
    Last edited by poa; November 18, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

My game is crashing when I replace this startpos ;(

Welcome, stabulite. I am sorry to hear that the game is crashing. What files do you have in your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main folder? You'll need a startpos.esf and a scripting.lua. If either of those files are missing (or in a sub-folder of campaigns/main), or if either file has a different name, then the game will crash. For example, if you removed the original (vanilla) startpos.esf file, put the 'all factions unlocked' startpos file in the campaigns/main folder - and if you called it allunlockedstartpos.esf, then the game will crash when starting because it cannot find a file called startpos.esf.

If you cannot get this to work, then I suggest trying Empire Total Factions, which makes all factions playable including emergents. (That recommendation is based on the assumption that you prefer a mod which makes relatively few changes to the vanilla game. If you're comfortable with mods which make significant changes, then there are several good options including Imperial Splendour, Empire Realism and Imperial Destroyer.)

But still my game is crashing. One thing my Empire total war is the pirate version, I doesn't bought it. Does it something change?

Quote Originally Posted by stabulite View Post
    But still my game is crashing. One thing my Empire total war is the pirate version, I doesn't bought it. Does it something change?
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Latvia.

Your English looks good to me. If you are using a pirate version, I cannot help you (even if I knew how) - that is not allowed (if you click on the 'Rules' tab, you will see the Terms of Service; look under the heading 'promoting illegal activities').
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 23, 2014 at 05:58 AM.