Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok this is tooooo far!

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Just read. (I think the evolution one is the best, but the gay one is also awesome. I used to be gay but then......)

www.thetruthforyouth.com

Omg view the trailer! Its the trailer on type right of page!

EDIT:: Please don't post back to back. Use the edit button.

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

Too far what?

My brain hurts, now.
    Those Bible fans sure puts a lot of efforts to 'modernize' their appearance. This is just sad.

gotta love it when they show the current facts, but dont show the previous facts when the bible was used in school, personally i find it very dubious, i doubt that reading a few passages from a dusty book will stop all the violence in the world.

im not saying everythign is right and just in the world, but lets face it its never been that way, never will.

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

So let me get this striaght. The sepperation of church and state is responsible for murder, teen pregnancy, drug abuse and worst of all angsty music. These guys sure must hate the U.S. constitution thats causing all thsi trouble.

Originally posted by Bovril@May 24 2005, 11:40 PM
    So let me get this striaght. The sepperation of church and state is responsible for murder, teen pregnancy, drug abuse and worst of all angsty music. These guys sure must hate the U.S. constitution thats causing all thsi trouble.
    Oh no. They are just miffed that the second coming hasnt happened yet.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Originally posted by ErikinWest@May 25 2005, 01:59 PM
    Just read. (I think the evolution one is the best, but the gay one is also awesome. I used to be gay but then......)

www.thetruthforyouth.com
    You used to be gay? :blink

So what am I meant to be looking at? Is this text or a video?

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Anybody read the 'safe sex' one? It said that condoms have a 15% failure rate. That is a straight-out lie, propogated to spread a certain point of view. There was a time where this sort of action would be called propaganda but now, its appears to be accepted as legitimate.

The world is seriously going down the gurgler if this sort of stuff continues to grow and influence people.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Ahhh no! They have returned!!! I'm a Christian and this certainly does not influence me!

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

No, these guys again.
    Well all we can do it point and laugh at them.

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Anybody read the 'safe sex' one? It said that condoms have a 15% failure rate. That is a straight-out lie, propogated to spread a certain point of view. There was a time where this sort of action would be called propaganda but now, its appears to be accepted as legitimate.
    Yes, I read it, and it also mentioned condoms are "porous" :>< . If condoms would be porous, how could it prevent pregnancy? Oh com on :erm

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg@May 25 2005, 05:07 AM
    Anybody read the &#39;safe sex&#39; one? It said that condoms have a 15% failure rate. That is a straight-out lie, propogated to spread a certain point of view. There was a time where this sort of action would be called propaganda but now, its appears to be accepted as legitimate.

The world is seriously going down the gurgler if this sort of stuff continues to grow and influence people.
    Fact Sheet on Condom Failure

1. "24 sets of condoms tested and all failed" and almost 71% failed "In respect of one or more of the physical requirements of the specification, notably freedom from pinholes." SABS report April 89.

2. "Spillage from condoms occurs as much as 65% to 75% of the time." Bjorklund and Gordon. Univ of Manitoba. Nov. 1990.

3. "The rubber comprising latex condom has intrinsic voids about 5 microns in size." The HIV virus is 0.1 micron. Roland, Rubber World. June 1993. Roland and Sobieski, Rubber Chemistry and Technology. Vol. 62, 1989.

4. Condoms reduce the risk of HIV infection by about 70% if they are used "consistently and correctly" IPPF (International Planned Parenthood Federation) Medical Bulletin Feb. 1997.

5. "It is not established whether the condom is as effective at preventing heterosexual transmission of HIV as it is for preventing conception." "The level of protection approximates 87%, with a range depending upon the incidence (of HIV) among condom nonusers. Thus the condom&#39;s efficacy at reducing heterosexual transmission may be comparable to or slightly lower than its effectiveness at preventing pregnancy." Family Planning Perspectives, 1999.

6. The failure rate for condoms in preventing pregnancy is 10%. K. Niswander. Manual of Obstetrics 1980.

7. The ISO standard for condoms allows 2 per 350 to be defective (about six defects per thousand.) (Tough luck if you happen to be one of those six)

8. "Increased condom use will increase the number of [HIV/AIDS] transmissions that result from condom failure" and "a vigorous condom promotion policy could increase rather than decrease unprotected sexual exposure if it has the unintended effect of encouraging a greater overall level of sexual activity." "Condoms and seat belts: the parallels and the lessons" The Lancet, 29 Jan 2000

9. In one test, 33% of latex condoms leaked HIV sized particles. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. vol.19. 1992

10. Ontario Ministry of Health campaign to promote condoms by means of televised AIDS messages made respondents more inclined to use condoms but less inclined to avoid casual sexual partners. Wilde, Target Risk, PDE Publications, 1994.

11. IPPF indicates that the risk of contracting AIDS during so-called "protected sex" approaches 100 percent as the number of episodes of sexual intercourse increases. Cates Medical Bulletin, IPPF 1997.

12. The only sure ways to avoid sexual transmission of diseases (including AIDS, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B, and syphilis) are not to have sex at all or to limit sex to one uninfected partner who is also monogamous. Food and Drug Administrationc (USA) Consumer Magazine Sep 1990.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Actually, most of those "facts" are outright lies..

Condoms do NOT have voids of about 5 microns.. They just don&#39;t. The fact is that condoms ARE safe. The WHO supports this. The defect condom thing is propaganda and lies put forth by among others the catholic church to advocate dogmatic christian or otherwise severly conservative family planning..

I give you:

http://www.who.int/reproductive-heal...le_condom.html

http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/condoms/promotion/en/

http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/microb...crobicides/en/

http://www.rho.org/html/hiv_aids_spe...us-condoms.htm

All of which are legitimate sites that cite their sources. Read them, and please do some reasearch before spoutiong such obvious drivel.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Originally posted by Mordhak@May 25 2005, 08:02 AM

Yes, I read it, and it also mentioned condoms are "porous" :>< . If condoms would be porous, how could it prevent pregnancy? Oh com on :erm
    Porous means molecules can pass through it.
    Sperm cells are huge compared to molules, so it doesn&#39;t matter that condoms are porous, as long as the holes aren&#39;t too big (and thet aren&#39;t).

I love the video.
    They say America is no1 in teen pregnancy, violence and drug use.
    Yet they think America should go FURTHER from what other countries are doing :huh

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Porous means molecules can pass through it.
    I see. Lingual mistake (&#33;= poreus in Dutch).

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by TranceCrusader@May 25 2005, 12:04 AM

www.thetruthforyouth.com

You used to be gay? blink.gif

So what am I meant to be looking at? Is this text or a video?
    No it was one of the text statements in the "Homosexual" comic. The kid is in the ambulance and he says "Im gay" and whatever, and then the medical person says "I used to be gay to son, but i went away."

I thouhgt it was quite humorous.

Cheers,
    Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Originally posted by Mordhak@May 25 2005, 09:47 AM

I see. Lingual mistake (&#33;= poreus in Dutch).
    No, I think it does mean the same:

po·rous Audio pronunciation of "Porous" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pôrs, pr-)
    adj.

1. Full of or having pores.
    2. Admitting the passage of gas or liquid through pores or interstices.
    3. Easily crossed or penetrated.
    When people (rightfully) say condoms are porous they refer to the 2nd meaning.
    Small amounts of gas or liquid can pass through condoms, but cells or viruses can&#39;t.

Originally posted by ErikinWest@May 24 2005, 08:59 PM

www.thetruthforyouth.com

Omg view the trailer&#33; Its the trailer on type right of page&#33;

EDIT:: Please don&#39;t post back to back. Use the edit button.
    OMG&#33;&#33;&#33;
    LOOOOOL&#33;
    If I was in USA now, I&#39;d be really sad, but as I&#39;m in a civilized country, this is just too good.
    MUWHAHAHAHAR&#33;&#33;&#33;
    LOOOOOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Solum sum, eram, ero.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Originally posted by Temple@May 25 2005, 09:12 AM
    Actually, most of those "facts" are outright lies..

Condoms do NOT have voids of about 5 microns.. They just don&#39;t. The fact is that condoms ARE safe. The WHO supports this. The defect condom thing is propaganda and lies put forth by among others the catholic church to advocate dogmatic christian or otherwise severly conservative family planning..

I give you:

http://www.who.int/reproductive-heal...le_condom.html

http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/condoms/promotion/en/

http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/microb...crobicides/en/

http://www.rho.org/html/hiv_aids_spe...us-condoms.htm

All of which are legitimate sites that cite their sources. Read them, and please do some reasearch before spoutiong such obvious drivel.
    Did you actually look at what your sources said

Here are some excepts:

The effectiveness of condoms has been the subject of a great deal of research. One recent review of multiple studies found that the consistent use of condoms during sexual intercourse results in an 80 percent reduction in HIV incidence, a level of protection slightly less effective than for pregnancy
    So condoms don&#39;t work for one out of five. By contrast russian roullette has the down right great odds of one in six&#33;&#33;

Although nonoxynol-9 has been shown to increase the risk of HIV infection when used frequently by women at high risk of infection . . .
    Oh great, an AIDS booster&#33;&#33;&#33;

Microbicides are compounds that can be applied inside the vagina or rectum to protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including HIV. They can be formulated as gels, creams, films, or suppositories. Microbicides may or may not have spermicidal activity (contraceptive effect). At present, an effective microbicide is not available.
    In other words there is nothing you can put on your pecker to kill AIDS or anything else&#33;&#33;&#33;
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Originally posted by Big War Bird+May 25 2005, 07:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (Big War Bird @ May 25 2005, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr Zoidberg@May 25 2005, 05:07 AM
    Anybody read the &#39;safe sex&#39; one? It said that condoms have a 15% failure rate. That is a straight-out lie, propogated to spread a certain point of view. There was a time where this sort of action would be called propaganda but now, its appears to be accepted as legitimate.

Fact Sheet on Condom Failure

1. "24 sets of condoms tested and all failed" and almost 71% failed "In respect of one or more of the physical requirements of the specification, notably freedom from pinholes." SABS report April 89.

2. "Spillage from condoms occurs as much as 65% to 75% of the time." Bjorklund and Gordon. Univ of Manitoba. Nov. 1990.

3. "The rubber comprising latex condom has intrinsic voids about 5 microns in size." The HIV virus is 0.1 micron. Roland, Rubber World. June 1993. Roland and Sobieski, Rubber Chemistry and Technology. Vol. 62, 1989.

4. Condoms reduce the risk of HIV infection by about 70% if they are used "consistently and correctly" IPPF (International Planned Parenthood Federation) Medical Bulletin Feb. 1997.

5. "It is not established whether the condom is as effective at preventing heterosexual transmission of HIV as it is for preventing conception." "The level of protection approximates 87%, with a range depending upon the incidence (of HIV) among condom nonusers. Thus the condom&#39;s efficacy at reducing heterosexual transmission may be comparable to or slightly lower than its effectiveness at preventing pregnancy." Family Planning Perspectives, 1999.

6. The failure rate for condoms in preventing pregnancy is 10%. K. Niswander. Manual of Obstetrics 1980.

7. The ISO standard for condoms allows 2 per 350 to be defective (about six defects per thousand.) (Tough luck if you happen to be one of those six)

8. "Increased condom use will increase the number of [HIV/AIDS] transmissions that result from condom failure" and "a vigorous condom promotion policy could increase rather than decrease unprotected sexual exposure if it has the unintended effect of encouraging a greater overall level of sexual activity." "Condoms and seat belts: the parallels and the lessons" The Lancet, 29 Jan 2000

9. In one test, 33% of latex condoms leaked HIV sized particles. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. vol.19. 1992

10. Ontario Ministry of Health campaign to promote condoms by means of televised AIDS messages made respondents more inclined to use condoms but less inclined to avoid casual sexual partners. Wilde, Target Risk, PDE Publications, 1994.

11. IPPF indicates that the risk of contracting AIDS during so-called "protected sex" approaches 100 percent as the number of episodes of sexual intercourse increases. Cates Medical Bulletin, IPPF 1997.

12. The only sure ways to avoid sexual transmission of diseases (including AIDS, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B, and syphilis) are not to have sex at all or to limit sex to one uninfected partner who is also monogamous. Food and Drug Administrationc (USA) Consumer Magazine Sep 1990. [/b][/quote]
    Well man, most of your facts are from around 1990 or so, the few from later like 97 or 99, which still isn&#39;t that recent are about hiv
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast