Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story- Greeks vs. Egyptions

This is my first attempt at a story thread, try not to laugh...(too hard) *tongue*

The year is 222 B.C. With the greeks pushed out of Asia Minor and the Macedonians pressing hard on the northern territories, the Greek Alliance requires new territories. They have sent ships to the fertile banks of the nile, to take and conquer the Egyptions riches. They have been weakened by the Selucids and the Carthaginians in constant war for over thirty years. As such, the Enemy are only able to field Nubian Auxilliaries and some Egyption regulars.

As the battle begins, the Greeks and Egyptions lined up on opposite sides of the only bridge accross the Nile for miles.

Trying to gain an upper hand, the Egyptions raced a set of Nubian Auxilliaries accross the bridge to gain an early foot hold.

However, the greeks hustled into postion and were able to thwart the Nubians advance.

In an attempt to force the crossing, Nubian Cavalry rushed in, and were sunsequently slaughtered on the ends of the Greek pikes

only one cavalry man was able to rout, he carried a fellow soldier with him in his arm

Once again, the Egyptions tried to force the crossing, except, this time the Pharoah himself led the attack. He died in the initial charge. However, his men were able to push back the phalanx and almost crack the greek lines. Unfortunately, this was not to be and the Athenians surrounded them and struck them down one by one. Enraged at his father's death, the Pharoah's son too charged in, if only to meet the same fate.

Enthused from victory, the Athenians charged out and faced the Nubians in hand to hand combat, where they were far outnumbered.

In revenge for their fallen kings, the Nile spearmen spilt the blood of many greeks, wiping out an entire unit on the bridge, the remainder were very disheartened, and turned their backs on the enemy for a time.

However, once again, the enemy were wasted upon the spears of the noble Greeks as their comrades protected the frightened soldiers

A massive melee then occured as eager Spartan hoplites joined the fray

Eventually, the Egyptions broke and a trickle

turned into a flood

The greeks gave eager pursuit

All that was left then was the chase

The toll was extremely heavy for the invaders

The end

And here is just a cool shot. Two for the proce of one

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

Love the skewering pic!

I set up a phalnx in a sort of semicircle for bridge batles so I can harry the flanks of enemy melee units rather than just drawing up a line of pikes at the mouth of the bridge. Makes the fight nice and unfair.

could this be moved to general please? Thanks

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

I'm going to move this to the Picture thread as that is where it belongs.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Cool pics, especially the Greek skins.

nice pictures! *tongue*

I also like the...unfair battle...

what skin/mod is that???

it is zhuge's greek expansion unis in the skins section. The battle wasnt really that unfair, they had more men, but then again, i was a little angry at the Egyptions so I needed a little payback *tongue*

I love the Greek skins, what mod? Any way nice story.
    Willkommen ihr Kinder des Lichts
    Ihr seid willkommen-Willkommen im
    Herzlich Willkommen im nichts

im also angry at the damn egyptians, im doin so well as them gettin 25000 per turn profit and then my cities start to get the plague I HAVE DAMN AQUEDUCTS WHAT MORE DO YOU CRETINS NEED! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    rant over, uhh yeh nice pics, just want you too finish them i was pretty taken in by them.

Nice, I like the pics, altough I think a phalank and a bridge with archers is waay to easy.
    uhuh

sorry but, i couldnt resist *tongue*
    i added blood effects to the kill-shots and choped off the ugly banners/cursor/pause for u! *wink*

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

hahaha nice chilly

*shines* *gloats* *gets kicked out for bragging* :happy

hey chilly were the only ones in here :O i just looked if u see this lets talk on the froums heh

WOW you responded a min after i said it cool :w00t

eh, love to but i have home- eh, i'm busy sorry :blush ( :rolleyes )

guees ill go to another forum *gets jacket puts over back and walks into the sunset :cool

uh i donno i just thoght it was time for something dramatic..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast