Page 500 of 501 FirstFirst ... 400450475490491492493494495496497498499500501 LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10001

Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman the Magnificent View Post
    Those guys have pikes, not halberds, halberds are much shorter than that, plus I also was wondering about normal spearmen that use a shield with their spear like the image I attached.
    I'd say they are extremely long halberds. At least, you wouldn't call it a pike if it has a halberd head on top of it, right?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Question:

Is there a way to set a battle time limit? This function at the beginning of the campaign does not seem to be working for me.

My problem is - that when I am besieged, the Orcs won't attack - they just sit there. So if I don't rush outside Imladris to fight them, nothing happens - and there's no time limit.

This is hindering any (limited) defensive strategies I've learned.

Help!

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Metters View Post
    Question:

Is there a way to set a battle time limit? This function at the beginning of the campaign does not seem to be working for me.

My problem is - that when I am besieged, the Orcs won't attack - they just sit there. So if I don't rush outside Imladris to fight them, nothing happens - and there's no time limit.

This is hindering any (limited) defensive strategies I've learned.

Help!
    When you click it at the beginning of the campaign you actually turn it off. If you have started to play, there is nothing you can do. Live with it and learn the art of sallying or start over.

Miles

Default Re: Sauron missing?

He will come... Just take it easy

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Merged with the 'Ask Questions About TATW' Thread.

Civis

I've looked at a few thread that gave me some info but maybe I'm missing something. Currently playing as the OOTM version 3.2 and wondering when the Balrog can be recruited.

I have built all the necessary mining structures and i am now on turn 100 (one post mentioned you have to wait til past turn 90). Are there any other requirements I am missing? Population, other buildings, etc.

Proud2bGreek's Avatar Foederatus
    Close to Alexander the greats birthplace.

IS there some way you can remove the spawning of armies when you besiege important cities like in 2.2 version?I really hated that script at 2.2 and i find it in 3.2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Proud2bGreek View Post
    IS there some way you can remove the spawning of armies when you besiege important cities like in 2.2 version?I really hated that script at 2.2 and i find it in 3.2 lol
    It's in the FAQ sticky.

A couple of quick questions:

- I've modded the export_descr_unit file to give the Dwarven Axethrowers the "woosh" sound of javelins instead of the one of recharging and firing crossbows (I changed axe to spear), I've tested it and all seems to be fine. Will I have any problems? Is it savegame-compatible?

- I noticed in a 3.1 HE game that Dwarves and Silvan Elves went to war after a while, and now in my Dwarf 3.2 campaign the relations between us and the Silvans are deteriorating for no apparent reason. Will they declare war on me eventually?
    Last edited by Alaeron; August 27, 2012 at 06:01 AM.

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

@ Alaeron

- Soundmodding [exklusive music as I do not worked with it and can't tell] is saved game compatible

- Possibly. The AI react, quite natural, with increased disfavour to other factions (AI or player) expansions, as they may end up a potential threat in he future Get an alliance and it will be no problem, as they can't break them unless trough diplomacy.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Really, they won't backstab you? Is it a script or some other TATW feature?

I went and got an alliance with the HE and FPoE too, just in case. It cost me a fortune but I make two of them each turn thankfully, mines and all.

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

A TATW restriction :

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    When you click it at the beginning of the campaign you actually turn it off. If you have started to play, there is nothing you can do. Live with it and learn the art of sallying or start over.

I have actually re-started High Elves campaings with it clicked on AND off - and neither seems to give me a timed battle. So what am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Sauron missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    He will come... Just take it easy

He won't!!! I left the computer in the battle for 8 hours, and when I returned, there he sits - way out on the paths of Imladris.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Metters View Post
    I have actually re-started High Elves campaings with it clicked on AND off - and neither seems to give me a timed battle. So what am I doing wrong?

I have no idea. I always play with it off, for unlike "Asterix and the Britons" RL troops do not go home for tea at 1700.

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

In the Fellowship Campaign, how am I supposed to fight the Haradrim at Ithilien? I try to ambush but the option doesn't appear when they pass. Will I have to attack them in the open?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Laetus

Dear All,

I would like to know what are the function in game of each of the General / Governor's icons are please:

Command (represented by stars) simple to understand as remains unchanged from original game I imagine
    Respect (represented by helms)
    Authority / Loyalty (raised fists / rings)
    Obedience (halos)

Do these remain the same as in Total War Kingdoms (eg helms and halos preferred by the populous in the city etc)

Many thanks

Alc

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

@Alcarinalata

Command: A general with more command stars has a better chance to win in autoresolve battles. In real-time battles, command gives your units a morale bonus (this can be extremely helpful if you have enough command). I believe a general with more stars has more bodyguards as well.
    Respect (just a renamed Chivalry): Increases the morale of your own troops and gives a population growth bonus when the general is in a city. NOTE: in tatw this growth bonus is a lot smaller then in vanilla. It only gives a 0.5% bonus and only if the general has 7 or higher respect. I believe it gives a public order bonus as well, but I'm not sure.
    Fear (a little bit awkwardly renamed Dread): Reduces the morale of enemy units. Maybe also a public order bonus, but again, I'm not sure.
    Obedience (renamed piety): Gives an income bonus when the general is in a city. Also makes the general less likely to get killed by servants of sauron (a.k.a. inquisitors)
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Laetus

"TATW 3.2 is a stand-alone version and does not require any existing installations of TATW!"

does this mean i dont have to download anything but the 3.2 version???

Quote Originally Posted by gucci13 View Post
    "TATW 3.2 is a stand-alone version and does not require any existing installations of TATW!"

does this mean i dont have to download anything but the 3.2 version???
    Nope, it means that TATW 3.X is; "TATW [3.2] is a stand-alone version and does not require any existing installations of TATW!"
    So you have to install 3.0 + 3.1 + 3.2
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 28, 2012 at 01:55 AM.