Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Orc Warlord's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.1 Here' Thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lord Revan View Post
    No, never heard of it and never saw any change in doing it... unless it's so subtle you don't really notice it... but no...
    Ahhh. Thank you. That is good to know. I had originally thought that the cost was entirely up-front. 200$ a whack, then forget about it. I place the thingys everwhere. I conquer a new territory and in a few turns, I can see ALL of the new territory, and some of the neighboring ones as well.

But if I had to CONTINUE to pay for them..........

Yikes!

That could add up really fast. For me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    Could be it, maybe the game ran out of memory (large armies etc.). Have you tried it again? I sometimes get crashes in battle (though not with my new computer, though i've been testing/modding not playing so there has been less opportunity) and can play through the battle when i load up again. I suppose in such cases it helps that the memory is clear from the start (ctds usually happen for me like that after many hours of play.
    I never, ever got a "proper" CTD, just an "unspecified error" here and there, which went away the next time I restarted the game. I'll try again one of these days, that made me take a break from the game. I mean, if I'm going to consistently get this sort of stuff, I might as well wait till I get a computer that isn't only good at making noise and heat.

Who knows what could have been, I think systems of all kinds (natural and man-made) are like gigantic houses of cards. The most insignificant thing can make everything else come down.

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Could You find a solution to my high-elven problem, smoesville?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I believe it's the normal mapping that causes the effect, i'll have look and see if i can replicate it. It should be just a case of messing with levels in photoshop.

PS
    Which units are they again? Is it the ones with the golden armour? Probably a good idea to list them so i don't miss any, i never play HE so i don't know their roster at all.
    Last edited by smoesville; April 24, 2012 at 06:27 AM.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

I want to take away the garrison script(Random armies spawning in cities) without it interfering it me in the hotseat games. Is it possible or will it interfere?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    I want to take away the garrison script(Random armies spawning in cities) without it interfering it me in the hotseat games. Is it possible or will it interfere?
    Afaik garrison script does not affect hotseats so it should be fine. But I recommend a separate and completely unmodded instalation for hotseats.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Samedis Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jpempire View Post
    Hello,

I start to play TATW 3.1 + Samedis Mod.

I like very much with this submod because make the game more easy to play.

But I still have some questions....

-When I play as Gondor, I reunite with Arnor, but Aragorn (that is the king of the Reunited Kingdom), doesn't appear in the campaign map but is still alive and is king! Is this normal?

-When I play as gondor, when I reunite with arnor i can't recruit arnor units in the gondor lands but in arnor lands i can recruit arnor and gondor units. When I play as arnor, when I reunite with gondor i can't recruit gondor units in the arnor lands but in gondor lands i can recruit arnor and gondor units. Is this normal?

-When I play as Arnor, when I reunite with Gondor can I still rebuild Osgiliath and have Guards of Osgiliath?

-When i am play as Reunited Kingdom (starting as arnor) , I put Aragorn in Erech, appears the video of the thing of the dead etc... and when i click in my king Aragorn, doesn't appear the trait (that trait wich appears the king of the dead that says that will follow im etc...)

I whoud like to have answers please (sorry of the english)

Please ask questions regarding submods in that submod's respective thread.
    Removing it WILL break your hotseat games. The game will simply CTD.

Default Samedis Mod

Hello,

I start to play TATW 3.1 + Samedis Mod.

I like very much with this submod because make the game more easy to play.

But I still have some questions....

-When I play as Gondor, I reunite with Arnor, but Aragorn (that is the king of the Reunited Kingdom), doesn't appear in the campaign map but is still alive and is king! Is this normal?

-When I play as gondor, when I reunite with arnor i can't recruit arnor units in the gondor lands but in arnor lands i can recruit arnor and gondor units. When I play as arnor, when I reunite with gondor i can't recruit gondor units in the arnor lands but in gondor lands i can recruit arnor and gondor units. Is this normal?

-When I play as Arnor, when I reunite with Gondor can I still rebuild Osgiliath and have Guards of Osgiliath?

-When i am play as Reunited Kingdom (starting as arnor) , I put Aragorn in Erech, appears the video of the thing of the dead etc... and when i click in my king Aragorn, doesn't appear the trait (that trait wich appears the king of the dead that says that will follow im etc...)

I whoud like to have answers please (sorry of the english)

Default Is it possible to play with Sauron and the Balrgo?

Is it possible to use in the game Sauron and The Balrog? if yes...how?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Is it possible to play with Sauron and the Balrgo?

Yes
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; April 24, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

To use Sauron, get the ring as Mordor. He'll spawn at Barad-dur with a pretty experienced army.

Default Is it even POSSIBLE to restore Osgiliath?

I thought upgrading Annúminas was difficult. When I first started my game as Gondor, I was looking forward to restoring Osgiliath. I then saw the population requirements and about had a heart attack. After writing a little python script to find out exactly how many turns it would take to get East Osgiliath from 325 people to the staggering 28,000 needed to build the Huge Wall, (which I uploaded here if anyone cares) this was the result:

At 0.5 %, upgrade takes 894 turns.
    At 1.0 %, upgrade takes 448 turns.
    At 1.5 %, upgrade takes 300 turns.
    At 2.0 %, upgrade takes 226 turns.
    At 2.5 %, upgrade takes 181 turns.
    At 3.0 %, upgrade takes 151 turns.
    At 3.5 %, upgrade takes 130 turns.
    At 4.0 %, upgrade takes 114 turns.

What the hell? I don't know about anyone else, but even with low taxes and a governor, my population rates never go over 2%, so it would be turn 200+ before I could even have the option to restore the city. Even if I managed to get the rate up to 4% and keep it there, my games usually don't last a whole lot longer than 100 turns. What was the point of including the rebuilding of Osgiliath if it's never going to be seen?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

And... to use the Balrog play as Orcs of the Misty Mountains, build Mithril Mines at Moria, and be past turn 90.
    Last edited by StealthFox; April 24, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Default Re: Is it even POSSIBLE to restore Osgiliath?

I agree, should be like half that. I only built it once right before I finished my gondor game. Def not worth it.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!

but a question how can i get the ring during a normal campaign?
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 24, 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Hello there,

I just had a quick two parted question for any helpful user out there:

1 - Will it mess with any triggers if I create my own general?
    2 - Is there any downfall to assigning my general to an elite group of archers instead of a cavalry bodyguard?

Thanks in advance,
    Helkin
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 24, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Samedis Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    Please ask questions regarding submods in that submod's respective thread.
    I merged the thread Muffer.
    It's totally right here, there will be someone able to anwser it. I hope.

@ jpempire: You can also ask this in Baron Samedi's Mod-Thread if you don't find your anwser here, please just don't open a new thread for every single question you have

Default Re: Is it even POSSIBLE to restore Osgiliath?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Butters I View Post
    I thought upgrading Annúminas was difficult. When I first started my game as Gondor, I was looking forward to restoring Osgiliath. I then saw the population requirements and about had a heart attack. After writing a little python script to find out exactly how many turns it would take to get East Osgiliath from 325 people to the staggering 28,000 needed to build the Huge Wall, (which I uploaded here if anyone cares) this was the result:

At 0.5 %, upgrade takes 894 turns.
    At 1.0 %, upgrade takes 448 turns.
    At 1.5 %, upgrade takes 300 turns.
    At 2.0 %, upgrade takes 226 turns.
    At 2.5 %, upgrade takes 181 turns.
    At 3.0 %, upgrade takes 151 turns.
    At 3.5 %, upgrade takes 130 turns.
    At 4.0 %, upgrade takes 114 turns.

What the hell? I don't know about anyone else, but even with low taxes and a governor, my population rates never go over 2%, so it would be turn 200+ before I could even have the option to restore the city. Even if I managed to get the rate up to 4% and keep it there, my games usually don't last a whole lot longer than 100 turns. What was the point of including the rebuilding of Osgiliath if it's never going to be seen?
    Being so hard they could include it as a victory condition ... but it is really diasappointing to require so much effort to rebuilt it

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TATW 3.1 Question

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentHelkin View Post
    Hello there,

I just had a quick two parted question for any helpful user out there:

1 - Will it mess with any triggers if I create my own general?
    2 - Is there any downfall to assigning my general to an elite group of archers instead of a cavalry bodyguard?

Thanks in advance,
    Helkin
    It shouldn't. Imrhail uses a Swan Knights unit instead of a bodyguard unit.

You can give a general any unit as a bodyguard I think.

how can i get the one ring? and what happens if a good faction own it?