Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.1 Here' Thread -

Shouldn't you ask in the submod thread.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

If you lose to orcs you're doing something wrong considering their stats suck, there is only one very, very small possibility how they can achieve that and that is by the AI beating you on tactics which is a huge achievement if you manage that (just not a good one).

Also, yea this is better asked in Baron's submod thread.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stringerbell View Post
    Any one have a good combo for that Barrons mod, just installed, too many options lol.
    I just want a campaign that doesn't start with units who lose to orcs. And some money!
    I play Gondor!
    Trying to be helpful to the new guy...

1. Ask in Baron's Submod section. There is in fact a thread thgere asking that.

2. If you are new and not strong on TATW, try a campaign as Silvan Elves or High Elves first. Gondor and Dale are the hardest factions among the good guys.

3. If you insist on playing Gondor, study well the various Guides and the thread "Impossible to win with Gondor".

4. If you are new to TW, try a few test custom battles first.

Hope that helps.

Play on lower difficulties might help too...

hello, i have got a question. im not to sure if i should be posting it here but, every time i want to play a battle for my own (doesnt matter what faction) i get crashed and a pop-up on my screen tells me that third age total war has encountered an unspecified error. can somebody please help me because it really takes away a sweet part of the modification... thank you in advance!

The SilvanElve NL's Avatar Civis

Change your clock time in the time of Arizona. It worked for me....

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by dwarvenfriend2 View Post
    hello, i have got a question. im not to sure if i should be posting it here but, every time i want to play a battle for my own (doesnt matter what faction) i get crashed and a pop-up on my screen tells me that third age total war has encountered an unspecified error. can somebody please help me because it really takes away a sweet part of the modification... thank you in advance!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1152

Here's a one that might take some work.

I went in Desc_Buildings and switched on Merchants, same as I did in 2.x. Start new High Elf game to check it.

Things are weird. The Merchants are Princesses with 0 Charm, and a face sprite that looks like a piece of scenery. Not that it matters as it seems all the resources on the map have no actual value anymore. Disappointing.

What's going on?

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

I know that the resources are changed to represent special locations like Amon Sul and the Argonath.

trivork's Avatar Foederatus

every time I start a battle crash the game. How do I fix this.

Default Re: Map of settlements and such

Quote Originally Posted by Stringerbell View Post
    Looking to play a different faction than Gondor, but I play any other good faction, and don't know which way to expand and such, does anyone have a map of current settlements for the latest Third Age.
    Thanks
    There's an easier way to view this ingame. What i tell you know is dangerous.. just the knowledge of this console command have ruined the game for many many men.. It's like finding peaceful mode in minecraft.
    Find the console key, usually ½ or ' (use google), mine was the letter Æ.
    A black semi-transparent screen drops down, write: toggle_fow.

Now you can view the whole map but as i said, don't use it all the time/in your campaigns, ruins the immersion.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by trivork View Post
    every time I start a battle crash the game. How do I fix this.
    Best guess: Turn off your summer-time. The clock is auto adjusted when it became summertime, thenon many computers TATW battles dont work.
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 10, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Questions

Hi! I´m new in here and I like to see the opinion of the players of TATW

I usualy like to play the factions like this Campaign-medium/Battle-easy (Sorry to disappoint you and sorry of my english too )

Here are my questions
    What is the best nation (good-From best to worst)?

What is the best nation (evil-From best to worst)?

To me High Elves (because they don´t have the same style of the silvan elves), Dwarfs (because they have just infantry), Eriador(because i don´t like their army, just like when is the Arnor), Harad (they realy in the south), Rhun (because i don't know), Dale (the army is weak in the early campaign) and OOG (because of everything) are realy boring to play (is this because of the level of difficulty?)

My favourite nation is the Isengard because they have the best orc infantery the URUK-AI

Default Re: Questions

Welcome to the forums

I think that there isn't really a better or worst faction in the game, it just depend on how you feel for each one. For example many people here dislike Eriador, but I think they aren't so bad.

What you have in the game, is that each faction it's unique in its way. May that be for it's units or starting position or native enemies.

In my opinion for the good factions Gondor is the more entretaining and more action-packed campaign. It also has been improved lately with armor upgrades, and is one of the factions you will see more custom settlements with (Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Henneth, M Morgul). And it's the most challenging one(but that really depends on your difficulty setting).
    But if it's your first time you might want to choose the elves, which are known to have relativly easy campaigns. Or Rohan, you will see many custom settlements and is easier than gondor because of their economy. The dwarves are not that hard, but it can be challenging having almost any cavalry.

For the evil faction. I have only played Isengard which was really entretaning. But evil factions don't get much of my attention so I can't say much.

Hope I could help, and sorry for my english too

And I would suggest you post questions on the official question thread, or search before you post something. If I remember well, I've seen these topics being discus before

The easiest factions are:
    Silvan Elves
    High Elves
    Harad
    Eriador

The hardest factions are:
    Isengard
    Gondor

That's just my opinion.

Default Re: Map of settlements and such

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Eriador can get hard to new players and if they are unlucky. For example, the orc factions could take Rivendell quite fast and the dwarves could declare war on you in case you don't send a diplomat over and get agreements.

I would in fact add Rhun to easiest factions for their economy and wide varity of troops. Also, they have awesome last tier units.

Dale is considered very hard in 3.1 too.

Which are the settlement level of the elven cities that have a custom map? And which of the cities that have the custom map from the beggining of the game?

What does the shield button do on units? I think it is "defensive stance" or something. I've never really used it before because I don't know what it does.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Otherwise, there is this section of the forum called Bug & Crash reports. I am too lazy to link to it. Khales no doubt will, he is the master searcher-linker.

In that section you can check whether others have had the same problem (they have), and what solutions have been used and worked. Deleting the descr_geography can also work, disabling tha UAV, etc.

It is all there.

Spits, it makes the unit keep its formation and place in the larger formation. I am uncertain whether it does more. But these two are useful. Try playing EB as one of the Diadochii and you will know its use.

Edit, as their opponents as well.