Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW Here' Thread -

I got an event saying that the one ring was in moria as the high elves so i went and besieged it. I got attacked by an army while besieging and barely won against two armies twice my size including balrogs and two troll units. This is awesome, but i got the city after the battle since i managed to eliminate all the orcs, yet i didn't get an event saying i had the ring? I moved to moria as fast as i could so i don't think it has moved to a new city already. I hope this don't ruin my campaign, what could be wrong? Is it because i won the city fighting outside of it's walls?

Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    I got an event saying that the one ring was in moria as the high elves so i went and besieged it. I got attacked by an army while besieging and barely won against two armies twice my size including balrogs and two troll units. This is awesome, but i got the city after the battle since i managed to eliminate all the orcs, yet i didn't get an event saying i had the ring? I moved to moria as fast as i could so i don't think it has moved to a new city already. I hope this don't ruin my campaign, what could be wrong? Is it because i won the city fighting outside of it's walls?
    You should get it in few turns if you keep one of your generals there.

You are right. I was freaking out about nothing...

Default Re: If I use Gandalf the Grey to charge the Balrog, will he become Gandalf the White?

He spawns for you if you play a good faction if you play a evil faction he spawns for Gondor always

Borussia Dortmund fan

New question, i destroyed the ring and mordor's armies are gone. Two issues... it said that some of the orcs survived and can form a new threat unless i eliminate them. What am i supposed to do here? Destroy all the orc factions? Secondly, my general still have the one ring ancilarry, why isn't it gone?

New question, i destroyed the ring and mordor's armies are gone. Two issues... it said that some of the orcs survived and can form a new threat unless i eliminate them. What am i supposed to do here? Destroy all the orc factions? Secondly, my general still have the one ring ancilarry, why isn't it gone?
    The orcs that survive are generals but they are rebels they should be easy to hunt down . Weird that the One Ring is still with you.

I apologize if questions regarding modding don't belong here but I didn't know where else to put this.

So I've made a few changes for Eriador. Basically I've removed all of Aragorns children, renamed his wife Arwen(I know, but I just can't stand the name Ardel) and I've made Halbarad as his only "son" and heir who would "take over the defences" if Aragorn should fall.

Anyway, for now everything seems to be in order but could there be any hidden scripts/features that would cause issues with the changes I've made later in the campaign? And second, is there a way to change Halbarads bodyguard units to those of Aragorns, to "rangers"?

EDIT:

Well, that didn't work so well. Turns out Aragorn is young enough to have children and will do so if he only has one at the start. Is there a way to counter this? As for the second question, I figured it out but after testing it in battle I realized that those units(Aragorns bodyguards) are mounted. Are there any "on foot rangers" that I could use instead?
    Last edited by Che; December 29, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Import his bodyguards from an earlier version. In 1.4 RR/RC he has Dunedain Rangers.

I don't know if there is a way to make him not have other children. Hmm, maybe you can give him 3 already dead ones and the living one.

I'm currently working of the stats of a new faction unit rooster (look heir of angmar submod thread if you are interrested).
    But there is something that confuse me : what are the mecanics of attack, defense and hit point.
    How do they exactly work. How does defense point and hit point counter attack points.
    For exemple they say that hit points indicated how many times a unit can be hit but i have seen 1 hit point unit being hit several time without dying. I have also seen 5 hit point units dying after just one hit.
    So how does defense and hit point works. What are the equations when, for exemple a unit with 11 attack point tries to hit a unit with 16 defense and 2 hit point?

your general will go insane,rebel against u and become a new dark lord offcourse...

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by GueulEclator View Post
    I'm currently working of the stats of a new faction unit rooster (look heir of angmar submod thread if you are interrested).
    But there is something that confuse me : what are the mecanics of attack, defense and hit point.
    How do they exactly work. How does defense point and hit point counter attack points.
    For exemple they say that hit points indicated how many times a unit can be hit but i have seen 1 hit point unit being hit several time without dying. I have also seen 5 hit point units dying after just one hit.
    So how does defense and hit point works. What are the equations when, for exemple a unit with 11 attack point tries to hit a unit with 16 defense and 2 hit point?
    This sounds like a 'general modding question' rather than TATW-specific.
    Going to the offical modding section would yield much more professional and fast answer.
    Aure entuluva!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

logically it would mean they actually have twice the defense, once enough damage has been done to kill a unit with 1 hp, they still have 1 left

Quote Originally Posted by IHV View Post
    Is Longbottom one of the requirements for Kingdom of Arnor? It is held by High Elves and they woun even trade it for 3 larger regions.
    Does Annuminas has to be the Capital for the House of Kings to pop up? It is still Minor city with population over 20k atm.
    And does Aragaorn have to be alive (he stumbled on a stone while charged into Orc army and fell so unluckily that died [most likely bug but yes he charged into a stone])
    crazyiest stuff i read for loooong time...

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Question guys been playing 3.1 as Rohan and I have yet to see Eomer in the game has a general. Is he in the game?

Also I notice some features in M2TW Kingdoms that don't appear in TATW, like boiling oil, cow carcass and building temporary forts, are there any others and why is that?

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    Question guys been playing 3.1 as Rohan and I have yet to see Eomer in the game has a general. Is he in the game?

Also I notice some features in M2TW Kingdoms that don't appear in TATW, like boiling oil, cow carcass and building temporary forts, are there any others and why is that?
    Éomer has yet to come at age at the beginning of your campaign. He is already a family member, though. You can see him in the family tree

About the other stuff:
    -Boiling oil has been removed for two reasons: It gave to much advantage for the player, and the use of boiling oil has never been mentioned in the books.
    -Cow carasses? I believe they still work (or at least in custom battles, correct me if I'm wrong). But only trebuchets can fire them, just as in vanilla.
    -Buildable forts have been removed because otherwise the stationairy stone forts would not be possible.

hope I helped you
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Icon7 Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW Here' Thread -

Dwarven Berserker you been a great help thank you

Ok now I have Eomer. but that's not his portrait, its some old fat guy with a beard, whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    -Cow carasses? I believe they still work (or at least in custom battles, correct me if I'm wrong). But only trebuchets can fire them, just as in vanilla.
    That's right for the good factions.

But for the evil factions catapults work as well.
    (Probably to represent the chipped off heads during the siege of Minas Tirith... )

Ok now I have Eomer. but that's not his portrait, its some old fat guy with a beard, whats up with that?
    Hardcoded Limitation. You cannot script which portrait a general will recieve when he comes of age.
    You are not the first one to be bothered by that, though.
    Last edited by Bungo Baggins; December 30, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo Baggins View Post
    Hardcoded Limitation. You cannot script which portrait a general will recieve when he comes of age.
    You are not the first one to be bothered by that, though.

thanks Bungo Baggins for that info

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

Does the elves leaving middle-earth event have any gameplay impact?