Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

Default Re: Why don't they attack?

Isengard can be attacked by only one army at a time, same as Hornburg. so the Ai cant place many stacks around it. u discourage it by holding full stack inside. try getting rid of some units if u want the epic fight. if u want the win let em have party there and send some nice assassins. i suggest epic fight, you gonna lose for sure but u gonna get plenty of money for losing settlement, and then again money for reconquering it.

the real problem about passive stacks is at good factions. several times i've seen stacks not attacking their enemies even when beeing sure they would annihilate them. waiting there for many many turns until the evils got reinforcements and wipe out everything. thats real odd, not agressive at all when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    The exemption is when they call an invasion they attack no matter what they have 200 men attacking a city with 2,000 which is stupid for them to do so but I have seen it
    That depends on your difficulty. A very hard AI will give a higher priority to invasion targets than an easy AI.

Default Re: Jut a few questions

-Balrog, I attacked Moria (and lost) and did wake it but that was in turn 70 I think.
    So, whats the problem? It should be that way.
    -Ents, or will they only show up if you are Isengard, Orcs or Mordor and capture Fangorn? Isengard have captured Fangorn but no Ents.
    Obviously they are dead now, exterminated by Isengard.
    -Dark Lord (no invastion request by him yet as I keep reading about orhave I seen him on the map. Maybe he is hidding?
    Need to wait a bit.
    -The one ring, no request to take the ring from a settlement.
    Wait for it.
    -Aragon to join my army, tells that around turn 80-90 you get a requst to have Aragon but havent seen this.
    You will have him, just wait.
    Also mordor have almost no generals, all armies are "starless" armies. Normals? I seen the Nazgul but I defeted them, will they never respawn for Mordor? It tells that they should respawn ever 30-40 turn but as I said, cant find them anymore.
    They will respawn.
    And finally, after 400 turns, does the game end or can you continue playing?
    If you won, you can continue. Dont know if it is true if you lose.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

You can always continue.

You get money for losing settlements now?

The Invasion will continue for as long as the generals who joined it still live. No new ones will be able to join, but armies already there won't budge.

Use the console to reposition the AI armies around your settlement and see if they attack when they're together.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Hi all

Been playing third age for a while now (started with version 3.1) and I have a few questions.

Im in turn 111 now, playing VH/VH as Gondor and I have not seen:

1. Balrog, I attacked Moria (and lost) and did wake it but that was in turn 70 I think.
    2. Ents, or will they only show up if you are Isengard, Orcs or Mordor and capture Fangorn? Isengard have captured Fangorn but no Ents.
    3. Dark Lord (no invastion request by him yet as I keep reading about orhave I seen him on the map. Maybe he is hidding?
    4. The one ring, no request to take the ring from a settlement.
    5. Aragon to join my army, tells that around turn 80-90 you get a requst to have Aragon but havent seen this.

6. Also mordor have almost no generals, all armies are "starless" armies. Normals? I seen the Nazgul but I defeted them, will they never respawn for Mordor? It tells that they should respawn ever 30-40 turn but as I said, cant find them anymore.

7. And finally, after 400 turns, does the game end or can you continue playing?
    1. I'm not sure I understand. Did you fight the Balrog or not?
    2. Treebeard and some Ents will appear if the player is an evil faction and takes Fangorn. Ents won't appear if the AI takes Fangorn. Additionally, Elves and recruit Ents as mercs, and when Fangorn asks for autonomy you will get an army of Ents to use for a short time for any good faction.
    3. Sauron will return (as Pope) sometime after turn 40. Each turn after turn 40 he doesn't return, the percentage chance of him returning is increased.
    4. You should get the ring location sometime after turn 25.
    5. If you're playing as Gondor Aragorn should offer to join you as a general around that turn.
    6. Mordor starts off with two Nazgul plus the Withking and will get another Nazul (but only a total of nine ) every 30-40 turns.
    7. I've never played to turn 400, so I'm not sure about this one. I've always been under the impression though that you can play as long as you like, i.e. no turn limit.

Finally, all of the above is based on a vanilla installation. Are you playing any submods? If so, that could be the reason for you experiencing some problems.

dunno if you didnt ever notice but on vh/vh that happens. its like 3000-4000 gold if u lose a decent settlement.

same thing when the enemy sallies you when besieged. at end turn you get pretty much that amount besides the loot you choose.

tbh i noticed it only with gondor, as thats the only faction i lose settlements once in a while. its easy to tell the difference sice on end turn normally gondor doesnt get more then 1500-2000 golds on my campaign. when i lost settlements i go at 6500-7000. i find it pretty cool.

i dont have any other mods besides Tatw, so i guess its the game like this no other influences.

oh thinking about it righ now

its normal that u get xtra cash after an entire stack is destroyed
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 19, 2012 at 06:13 AM.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

As someone (indirectly) already said; the best way to get rid of invasion stacks is by maintaining a few skilled assassins. Once the crusader is gone, the stack will be forced to return to their homelands.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Questions

@ jempire
    Do you think aosmebody want to make it this troublesome?
    If your game do not work ant you have to disable to make it work, then thats the simple reason to why you have to change. There is no more reason, for any of us, me included.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jpempire View Post
    Hi!!!

Why do we need to disable daylight savings?

I don t have the 3.1 just 2.1 but I will have 3.1 and i just want to now why we need to disable
    There is an explanation for it somewhere in one of the numerous threads dealing with it in the Bugs section. It is a tad too complicated for my limited mind to comprehend in details, but it made sense.

The thing is, be like Niké and Just do it!

ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bresco07 View Post
    Hello man , the easy facction for my is silvan elves , u have potential allies around u and a good army and economics , and the hard one Gondor ( fighting alone mostly with mordor and harad ) really expensive units and a good economic ( if u make rights with other factions)

The heavyest is isendgard ( so far ) u have to fight rohan , free peoples , high elves and posibily silvan elvest
    the easy ..... maybe harad , u have to focus only in gondor , many allied surrounding u , ( rhun, and mordor ) and as soon as u get the mumaks , u will feel like a
    butcher man xD

see u and welcome

It's true i play as silvan elves and i make a huge empire
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 19, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Can u tell me the name of Witchking's sword please?!

Not that I recall no.

ICE call it "Vasamacil" in their MERP material.

Default High Elves Special Units pre-requesits?

Hi guys.
    I like to know the High Elves Special Units pre-requesits?
    I have Mithond and Imladris.
    What is need, population number, especial building?
    thanks.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: High Elves Special Units pre-requesits?

for that mithlond guys you need a huge city in mithlond. (population 26000+) i think it was this and of course barracks fully upgraded.
    smiths of eregion you need that little village south from rivendell... i think it was called ost-endhil. i am not sure about city lvl but i think it should be the same^^

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.1 Here' Thread -

How many rings of power are there?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Nine for men, seven for dwarves three for elves and one for me
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Though in the end of TA 4 of the 7 were destroyed, so 16, depending on what you're asking for.
    (To be nerdy the rhyme is retrospective: all great Rings but the One were made for Elves)

Ingame I presume it's 12?
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 16, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I was merely bumping this thread with a stupid question.

The pain............

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

What do the rings even do.