Thread: Help with battle

Default Help with battle

Im aranor and fighting isaenguard.... so heres the setup, im defending south tharbard round 90, so its a ork camp with a wall ( one you cant put archers on ) . and i have 100 dundain rangers, 450 breeland speerman, and 450 archer militia and one squad of 21 man bodyguard cavilry . im defending against, 300 Urai-kai archers, 200 pikemen, 60 wargs, 150 dunland veterans, 300 snaga skirmishers, 200 urai kai infantry and one 8 star 70 uria kia bodyguard infantry unit...................... i can not beat this and iv tried like 15 times, most i can kill is 60 percent of his army befor everyone of mine are dead, the pikemen are what are killing most my men...

Default Re: Help with battle

ok... put the archers in the middle of the settlement so they can provide bowfire right into the gate's opening as the orcs come in. focus your fire on the pikemen, since they are usually very hard to break. also, if you get the chance, fire at the enemy's bodyguard to weaken it. your job is to hold the enemy at the gates of your settlement. attack the orcs as they come inside of it. while they are engaged, order your archers to engage their forces in the rear and weaken them considerably. once your archers run out of ammo tell them to join in on the defense. now you have one job: find the enemy general and kill him. knowing how the AI works, he might be inside the settlement by now. if you can, order your men to focus on them. if you kill the general the army will disintegrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

Sometimes are are such a thing as unwinnable battles. You have to do the best you can in those situations.

Lionheart_19's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    ok... put the archers in the middle of the settlement so they can provide bowfire right into the gate's opening as the orcs come in. focus your fire on the pikemen, since they are usually very hard to break. also, if you get the chance, fire at the enemy's bodyguard to weaken it. your job is to hold the enemy at the gates of your settlement. attack the orcs as they come inside of it. while they are engaged, order your archers to engage their forces in the rear and weaken them considerably. once your archers run out of ammo tell them to join in on the defense. now you have one job: find the enemy general and kill him. knowing how the AI works, he might be inside the settlement by now. if you can, order your men to focus on them. if you kill the general the army will disintegrate.
    If this doesn't work then probably it's just too much to win and just focus on dealing as many casualties as possible.

I would advise to use the dunedain rangers closer to the gate so they can join in melee quicker once they run out of ammo, maybe if you can get some of those archer militia on the side not just on the center so the enemy is suffering from arrow fire from all directions and those heavy armoured uruk units get hit by the side increasing their chances to die.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

If there is another gate then charge your calvary outside it and bring them all the way around so you can smash them into the enemies backs while they are bottlenecked at the gate. if done correctly the enemy will rout quickly but make sure they don't fight till the end.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Miles

create_unit "South Tharbad" "Mercenary Swordsmen" 2

Can't remember the exact name for those swordsmen, but this gives you two swordsmen in South Tharbad. That might solve the problem if you don't like loosing cities. But anyway, cheating IS cheating.

Thanks guys, i tried everything, but i had to stick with Lionheart 19. just killed as many of them as possible and had to deal with the loss.