Thread: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.2 Here' Thread -

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: - Official 'Ask Questions About TATW 1.0 - 3.1 Here' Thread -

Ferdiad, why do you keep posting here if you've never played the mod and have absolutely no idea about what's going on here?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Ferdiad wants to outspam them all, he thinks his posts together form the Ring of Power.

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Looking at these posts I now understand why no one has pinned this thread

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: High Elves Special Units pre-requesits?

no, ost-in-edhel req is rebuilt gwaith i mirdain, which is poossible by having a large city and armour at max

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

None can outspam me for I am the Thain of Rightful Spam!

There were a lot more rings of power than the rhyme tells of, these however were lesser rings of power that did not have the benefits that the greater rings had. These rings only gave a small boost to the wearers abilities. In the Third Age Saruman actually managed to make a few more lesser rings of power.

Libertus

Default Re: Can u tell me the name of Witchking's sword please?!

ok thank u

MARK TROTH's Avatar Libertus

ok i have read through up to 30 pages of this thread to see if their is a answer to a question and that is if i down load this
    1.0-3.1 mode to my 3.1 TATW mode game do i get the red back spiders, and if i do can i take them out of the mode if i donot like them. you see it just does not feel write for me in the game to have spiders in it.
    but i do love the new buildings and and extra towns thats just fantastic stuff.
    Trothy

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Spiders are available for recruit as mercenaries as evil factions in the Mirkwood regions. You may also encounter spiders in Mirkwood as rebels.

Mark:
    You do not have to download 1.0-2.x. You only have to download the files for the 3rd version.

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by MARK TROTH View Post
    ok i have read through up to 30 pages of this thread to see if their is a answer to a question and that is if i down load this
    1.0-3.1 mode to my 3.1 TATW mode game do i get the red back spiders, and if i do can i take them out of the mode if i donot like them. you see it just does not feel write for me in the game to have spiders in it.
    but i do love the new buildings and and extra towns thats just fantastic stuff.

use the "search this thread" tool, it helps alot

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Ferdiad, why do you keep posting here if you've never played the mod and have absolutely no idea about what's going on here?
    Played the mod, found it wasn't to my liking.

MARK TROTH's Avatar Libertus

thanks vey much Muffer, steailh fox and p00pwater you think after all these years that i have been with TWC that i would have known about useing the dam search thingy o well thank again guys.
    Trothy

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

(Only mod I'm using is Baron's)

Could someone tell me the way you go about getting Gondor's soldiers from chainmail to platemail? I had thought it was just a matter of upgrading the blacksmiths in the cities but 200 turns into the game and I can't seem to upgrade a single one of them or see platemail on my troops though I can afford it all the same.

I understand this is just an aesthetic taste and I won't die if I can't have it done. But I wish someone out there could help me.

Gondor militia do not have armor upgrades. To recruit the Gondorian soldiers you need to upgrade the barracks. If you can't build better barracks read the FAQ.
    Last edited by Muffer Nl; April 19, 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    Gondor militia do not have armor upgrades. To recruit the Gondorian soldiers you need to upgrade the barracks. If you can't build better barracks read the FAQ.
    Quite right! Thanks for the help, though truth be told I saw it before you helped me. Ha.

Under the pre-reqs it says a better barracks is needed though I had never seen it before now. Heh. With baron's mod able to recruit all soldier's fromt the simplest town guard I never upgraded past that naturally.

Thanks, though.

Default The palantir and an expanded map, help!

I've recently installed an expanded map (wip), and I've had to change all my y values for everything.

That's done. Except the palantir portion of the campaign script. It'd be a monumental undertaking to change it all by hand. So my question is this:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to update the palantir (and the mirror of galadriel) script without plugging away at it for days just for the sake of adding 168 to all the y values?

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Default High Elven unit models

I would like to request some help. In v3.0 the Eldar units had a lighter colored, more shiny kind of armor, but in 3.1 their armor is darker. What should I do to have the original, better looking armor (in my opinion) for the Eldar and the Mithlond Nobles and Eregon Smiths?? I also have the submod compilation which Samedi made.

Could I try to download and install 3.0 somewhere else and copy some files from there to have the shiny armored elves back?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

You can try it that way, though if the textures have been changed (positions of weapons/faces etc.) it could mess up the unit. In any case, back up the 3.x textures and then replace them with 2.x textures and test it, the worst in that case is you have to go back to the original 3.x versions. Remember they have to be the exact same name.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

murvaidavid's Avatar Libertus

Didnt work...All the eldar remained with the darker armour and the Eldar Guardians got messed up because they where not included in the earlier version.
    I managed to make everything as it was but I would still like to have those shiny armours from 3.0...Which files should I change?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Do you know how to use gimp or photoshop? If the textures have changed (which is likely afaik) you would be best converting them from .texture to .dds and then using the .dds filter for photoshop (i think there's one for gimp aswell, i use PS on a mac so i have the added step of making a .dds into a psd/tga). Then you can recolour the armour pieces or if they are similar to 2.x in structure you might be able to copy things over. I have 2.x at home on my external so i'll have a look and see how much work it would be to change them, i might even do it for you if it's not too difficult but that probably wouldn't be until tomorrow evening
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.