Thread: Sikhizm religion !

Default Sikhizm religion !

Hi everyone.
    I've recently managed to turn Punjab playable ... but as I started to play I've noticed there's no building or a priest who could spread my faith to other regions (in fact even in my capital sikhizm isn't the main religion )
    I would be very glad if someone could make a mod or something that would add those building with priests ...

Thanks in advance, Karrosa

Default Re: Sikhizm religion !

Punjab is Sikh? Fascinating. I guess I didn't know that religion was in the game.

Punjab is one of the emerging factions ... I wouldn't care about their religion but it really makes it hard to control any region when people are rioting because of it ... I won't mention that their main force are Sikh Warriors and Muskeeters, so sikh as the state religion seems pretty obvious .

I've also tried to change it to islam but that didn't solve the problem ... I still can't build any temples. I'm not good at messing in the game files so if someone could help me with those temples I would be glad !
    Last edited by Karrosa; May 17, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Here you go. This should work. If not, let me know, I'll see what I can figure out. The graphics are of Islamic Madrassas I believe, but the effects should be purely Sikh.

Unfortunately, in order to make it not say "Madrassa" but "Gurdwara," I would have to edit the localization, which is a pain.

Thank You the_vicar, I'm really grateful you've spent your time to help me ... I'll download the file in a sec !

Could You tell me is there anything else I must do except copying it to my data folder in order for it to work ?

Just extract the .rar file into the data folder.

Then open the C:\Documents and Settings\your_computer\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt and add the line: mod "Sikhism.pack";

If you have any problems let me know.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

This mod isnt working for me even on vanilla, can't do anything but Islam as Punjab :/

Also, Sikh is a sub of Hindu, so why did you do an islamic Madrassa as its building. Should be Ashram.
    Last edited by Ministry; May 23, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Sikhism, as I have learned it, is a sub/hybrid of Hinduism and Islam, which is in its synthesis something altogether new. It isn't a coincidence that Punjab straddles Hindu India and Muslim Pakistan. As far as the choice of building, it was entirely a whimsical choice. I had two options, and I chose one.

As for it not working, let me test it out more. I'll have something up when I do.

Fixed. Turns out to have been a stupid mistake that I would have found had I actually tested the damned thing. I also added localization. Put both the mod and the patch in your data folder; as the patch is set to movie-type, it doesn't need to be activated in either mod manager or the scripts file. However, if you have any other patch files set to movie-type, there will probably be issues (such as one or the other file not reading. Sorry). Like I said, localization is a pain in the ass. Activate the Sikhism.pack like normal.

Enjoy. Sorry it wasn't working earlier. It really is good to go now.

PS - and why is this thread in the models section, anyway?
    Last edited by The Vicar; May 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Thanks Vicar, works like a charm. However, played for 20+ years but never got a missionary....

That's a feature, not a bug.

Honestly, when I first heard about Sikhism, I wondered about their tendency to send out missionaries. It didn't feel right to me at the time, so I didn't include it. Kind of like Judaism. Who ever heard of a Jewish missionary? If, however, people were to inform me that, yes, there are, as a matter of fact, Sikh missionary efforts to equal Christianity and Islam, then I just might change it.
    Last edited by The Vicar; May 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

I think every religion has missionaries that help spread the beliefs. There is a Sikh missionary society on the web that certainly seems to support that assertion!

Besides, who is a better target for those lovely Thugees!

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by the_vicar View Post
    That's a feature, not a bug.

Honestly, when I first heard about Sikhism, I wondered about their tendency to send out missionaries. It didn't feel right to me at the time, so I didn't include it. Kind of like Judaism. Who ever heard of a Jewish missionary? If, however, people were to inform me that, yes, there are, as a matter of fact, Sikh missionary efforts to equal Christianity and Islam, then I just might change it.
    Missionaries puhleese! Need them to help control the islamic fundamentalists!

Alright. You've convinced me. Give me some time, though. I've got a lot on my plate due to trying to get Imperial Splendour 2.0 out.

See if this works. I know it loads, but seeing as I myself don't actually ever play Punjab, I don't know if the missionaries spawn properly.

Try it out and let me know.

If they do spawn, they should have the title "Gursikh."

EDIT: Of course the damned thing loads if I don't enable it in the script. I'm taking it down, because it's crashing on start. But, I've learned that I'm not sure how to add missionaries. There is an entry in the agents table that's making me scratch my head in bewilderment.

BUT even if I'm not able to add the missionaries, I should be able to increase the effectiveness of the conversion rate from the gurdwaras that you build. I know it's not perfect, but it's something.
    Last edited by The Vicar; June 11, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Ok, thanks for trying to add them. I looked too and wasnt sure how that could be done, oh well!

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

What about switching Ottomans to Orthodox? =P

I was able to switch them and change the buildings but the agents dont spawn after I switch em...boo!