Thread: balance and real recrutment

Default balance and real recrutment

hello

i love TATW so far and i really appreciate all the work done by the team and all modders like Mith, Point Blank and Darth regarding the balance of the game and the changes to the BAI and formations.
    Anyway i still a big fan of LOTR TW and i have to say that i miss some things.
    I know it is not the same game or the same purpose but i would like to make some suggestions.
    So far i love, for exemple, the Noldor's stats from the RC mod. Very strong, best stats of the game. Anyway i know some of us are working on a real recrutment system and i hope having a full stack of elite eldars will not be easy. 5-8 turn to train one of these unit seems honest to me and decreasing highly the pool is important too. Furthermore, i think that most of elven cities should have negative population growth, according to the lore. Then it could be wise to make elven named immortals, BUT, no family tree, only adoptions in a correct ratio (1 named pop for 3 cities owned).
    Then i would like to see elite units with 2 hp maybe 3. I know Mith is against this idea for exemple but imo it is not unfair if the real recrutment for elite units/factions is hard enough.

Thanks again for your work!

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: balance and real recrutment

Rofl ... and 'this' desired a separate thread? Lol, come on man, too much free time on your hands?

@TWmadman

You wished, sir.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 16, 2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

listen mate it is just suggestion, if you want it you can ask to a moderator to erase my account

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

No, he cannot ask a moderator to delete your account. And this should have been posted in the RC thread...

Anyway, negative population growth would be terrible for the AI, they would never be able to handle it. Extra hitpoints is never going to happen, and immortal characters are impossible to implement.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Actually, lessining the time to be able to recruit advanced troops would be great. 2-3 turns instead of 4-5(that sux)! make the evil factions hav faster time to get troops, on VH/VH, i'm rhun and i call an invasion on Dale(the city) and isengard and OoMm awnser(including me) and isengard already has heavy pikemen and its turn 15-17. i say WTF? i'm stuk with light and suky infantry and they both (isengard and OoMm) hav advanced troops b4 any1 else, i just got my clan warriors and in only 1 city,(lower your tax to normal/and/low to get high pop.)and hav a bunch of those javeliin guys and some og the clan peasents. what can they do ginst heavy armour and TROLLS? harad and i(rhun) is guna turn on mordor after round 55(advanced troops).
    by the way i destroyed dale on VH/VH and the trick is to go past there advanced armies and cut off the lower section of there cities.
    You say Jonas Brothers-I say Slipknot
    You say Taylor Swift-I say Disturbed
    You say Kate Perry-I say Killsitch Engage
    You say Miley Cyrus-I say Bullet for my Valentine
    You say pop-I say ROCK!!!
    92% of kids have turned to pop.If your one of the 8% who like to headbang and jump the (bleep) up then please copy and paste this into your signature.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

AI gets bonus population growth on H and VH so it would handicap the player only as long as global farming modifiers are not lowered by more than 2% for each settlement.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    AI gets bonus population growth on H and VH so it would handicap the player only as long as global farming modifiers are not lowered by more than 2% for each settlement.
    Cool, we could do that, then.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight