Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unresolveable campaign?

Default Unresolveable campaign?

Hello
    I play High elves campaign ( the second now) and both times whiped out all OOMM cities ( didn't miss any!!! ) and the faction is still active..so they're undestroyable? but good factions like rohan or silver elves got quite early defeatet completely and it was correct.

am i the only one who has this issue?
    sry for my bad English

Default Re: Unresolveable campaign?

well it's abug, but there are already a couple of threads about this

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

well it's a bug, but there are already a couple of threads about this
    I just went through the last ten pages and didn't find anything. Got a link?

Yeah I've actually seen some threads about this, and I'm having the same problem, I can't finish my campaign because factions won't die, it's incredibly irritating.

Blog Entries

Took me two hours to find it: seems some factions (Orcs, Mordor) have got no family tree and that messes with the victory condition of eliminating that faction. Kind of: to eliminate a faction you have to kill all family members - what if there are none?
    I am wondering if the teutonic 'family tree' wouldn't work. Never heard of Orcs with family, so the modders are forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    Took me two hours to find it: seems some factions (Orcs, Mordor) have got no family tree and that messes with the victory condition of eliminating that faction. Kind of: to eliminate a faction you have to kill all family members - what if there are none?
    I am wondering if the teutonic 'family tree' wouldn't work. Never heard of Orcs with family, so the modders are forgiven.
    I suspected that to be the problem, thank you for confirming! +rep
    But er... How do I change that... I want to win as gondor, it's really bothering me.

they will fix that in the next update most likely

Blog Entries

This line in descr_sm_factions for england, france and hre:

Code:
    has_family_tree                    teutonic
    Edit:
    I also added the following lines to the script to avoid that the finances graph gets messed up by Sauron's moneybag:

Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType papal_states
            and Treasury > 15000

add_money papal_states -10000

end_monitor
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Here are the fixes

Edit: had a lot of feedback that it is save game compatible. KK has put it on his Fixes list as well.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 21, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

how would this effect an existing campaign?

Blog Entries

Long: The descr_sm_factions is not save game compatible and the changes in the script will only take effect in the next game.
    Short: It will cause a crash, sorry found out just now when I tried to load an old, abandoned campaign of mine.

Long: The descr_sm_factions is not save game compatible and the changes in the script will only take effect in the next game.
    Short: It will cause a crash, sorry found out just now when I tried to load an old, abandoned campaign of mine.
    have you suggested this to KK and/or created a thread about this in submods? it might be helpful for a lot of people. I intend to play my current game further, then I will dl the bit you added.

@gigantus,

Thanks a lot for the fix regarding the undestroyable evil factions!
    Probably I would have never found this error.

And Jan has already tested this fix in a saved game and he instantly got the message that the evil factions (that he actually destroyed) are destroyed!
    This means this fix should also be save-game compatible.

Fix added to this thread

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

One is glad to be of service
    ive had that in my mod... if it ever gets working properly! garr
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

ty man!, for me at least, it was savegame compatible, it allowed me to finish my gondor campaign, ok it was just a message bcs all "bad" factions were alrdy dead, but ey, it makes me feel nice .

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the feed back. By now I have realized that it must have been something else that caused the crash. One of the things I was working on was to refine the smooth coast a bit more. There were a few stretches that could do with some improvement. And tweaked some borders to allow some logical looking road connections. Guess it was the last that caused the crash with my old save.

necroing this as I am thinking some issues I have noticed might be in relation to this. Round 17 of my most recent campaign Isengard died off because of a lack of heirs. I am not so sure how this happened as I thought "Teutonic" Family types would mean every general would be a potential heir and 2 were still alive when the faction died off. perhaps some of the starting generals need to be moved into the family? Also, I wonder if fleshing out the family trees might help prevent these premature faction deaths. Possibly adding extra family generals or making all starting generals family.

Blog Entries

In teutonic family trees you only have the leader and the heir. As long as there is still a general the faction should survive. I am not sure what happens when both off them get killed in one battle. But that doesn't terminate the normal family tree either as far as I know.

In teutonic family trees you only have the leader and the heir. As long as there is still a general the faction should survive. I am not sure what happens when both off them get killed in one battle. But that doesn't terminate the normal family tree either as far as I know.
    yeah, lol isengard at rd 17 and ootmm rd 34 by silvans and rohan primarily, yikes. I had 2 isengard generals in my territories and had to go hunt them down after they went bandit when isengard fell. funny killing Uruk in a unit of heavy cav. I wonder if there is something that is supposed to be toggled for those other starting generals to start in the family. I think I am going to run a tuetons game tomorrow sometime to test it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast