Thread: Changing Governement Election Time

Default Changing Governement Election Time

Hello guys.

Well I was going to post this with my traits threatd but I found it was a different topic(although easy) and I didn't want to mess with that complicated one.

If you are like me and use a mod that changes the turn per year value and would like not to have elections every year or so then get your hands dirty and let's edit some files.
    First you're gonna need the ESF editor wich is here (All thanks to just, I love you man ^.^)

then you're gonna open your savegame with that tool pretty easy uh?
    After that you will be searching for some strings so I will post pictures for easy explanation.
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...overnement.jpg

See how it is easy? Well don't try to change the boolean value or the Uint as it doesn't change anything belive I tried. Also for republic it has another value or less I can't remember but it is pretty much the same process. Just a matter of editing your save game one time and that's it you have your own election time. And for all those AM fan a no Oposition CM or Rep.

Also I haven't tried this but it may be possible to change governement this way. Copying and pasteeing. Wich would be our "Peaceful" but not legit way to change govs without revolution. I will try and post resulsts latter.

Missed Information: I just finished an election after modding it's value , it appears the game set it back to default so if you put a not so high value you will find yourself editing those files every elections sadly. I have tested changing a lot of other values without sucess to stop the revert process but without sucess.... I will inform again next time

Regards
    Ael
    Last edited by Aelhis; May 17, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Default Re: Changing Governement Election Time

Works great! Great job, keep it up

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

This probably just changes the time until next election variable not the distance between elections.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelhis View Post

Also I haven't tried this but it may be possible to change governement this way. Copying and pasteeing. Wich would be our "Peaceful" but not legit way to change govs without revolution. I will try and post resulsts latter.
    Sort of. You can do it, but it's more complicated--you have to change the GOV IMP part, the government name in the main faction heading, and then the government name for every single building. I've done it and it works, but it takes forever.

yes I have done it too. like you said it works and stuff.
    but the real problem after all that work is that all other nations will continue regarding as if you were still your late government. So they will stay the same with you (Relantioship wise) but if you don't care about that that's not a problem.

Regards
    Ael