Thread: is it possible to implement this idea of army recruitment?

Default is it possible to implement this idea of army recruitment?

How 'bout you can put in training slot lets say a whole stack together with comander/general, and then you need a couple of turns to recruit it, but then each army will be really important, and losing it could be a heavy blow.....

Like not "i recruit here one comitatensi, there 3 militia, there one sagitari, then bring one general.....
    But this way let's say you need a lot of money and then you are recruiting a whole stack, not just one or tweo unit types. Whole stack in the same time, so lets say for example that Romans in Africa will have one stack, (not counting the town garrisons) and with it they need to fight off the Vandals....

So at the beginning it would be One stack (army) in Africa, one in Galia and one in Italy (and perhaps one in the Balkans...
    Ofcourse this stacks can be retrained (alltogether agin, offcourse) in nany of the town which have some of this unity types....

What do you think people?

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: is it possible to implement this idea of army recruitment?

That's an interesting idea. I like the sound of it but I know nothing about modding and don't know if it is achievable at all!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Edzamon View Post
    How 'bout you can put in training slot lets say a whole stack together with comander/general, and then you need a couple of turns to recruit it, but then each army will be really important, and losing it could be a heavy blow.....

Like not "i recruit here one comitatensi, there 3 militia, there one sagitari, then bring one general.....
    But this way let's say you need a lot of money and then you are recruiting a whole stack, not just one or tweo unit types. Whole stack in the same time, so lets say for example that Romans in Africa will have one stack, (not counting the town garrisons) and with it they need to fight off the Vandals....

So at the beginning it would be One stack (army) in Africa, one in Galia and one in Italy (and perhaps one in the Balkans...
    Ofcourse this stacks can be retrained (alltogether agin, offcourse) in nany of the town which have some of this unity types....

generals cannot be recruited. They are part of the family tree. I know in some mods you can do this but not in IB2, at least not at the present time.

each castle or town can only train units that have met the bldg requirements. Possibly this could be done, but only with very high level castles.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

IT was done in RTW I cant remember which mod might have been RS but I'm not too sure.

I think it was done is Res Getae. But you only had recruit a General in your starting Capital and the next turn you'd have a full army. It cost a lot though.
    Also you started with the right building to recruit the army as well.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by matt will View Post
    I think it was done is Res Getae. But you only had recruit a General in your starting Capital and the next turn you'd have a full army. It cost a lot though.
    Also you started with the right building to recruit the army as well.
    Sounds like a scripting option.

Quote Originally Posted by Edzamon View Post

Maybe a good idea
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"...SUN TZU