Thread: IJ 0.3 Dissapears after quiting!

Default IJ 0.3 Dissapears after quiting!

I have a problem...
    After instalation, I started a game normaly, (altjough there was only main campaign, the second one was unavailable for some reason) I went back after some time and on desktop there was no more that IJ Icon???

Also, the game is placed nicely still in rtw folder, but there is no way to start it again...

And yeah, I remember now of all 3 IB mods, IJ always had the crapiest instalation and I knew i will have problems with it...

Please help
    Last edited by Edzamon; May 15, 2009 at 07:10 AM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: IJ 0.3 Dissapears after quiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Edzamon View Post
    I have a problem...
    After instalation, I started a game normaly, (altjough there was only main campaign, the second one was unavailable for some reason) I went back after some time and on desktop there was no more that IJ Icon???

Also, the game is placed nicely still in rtw folder, but there is no way to start it again...

And yeah, I remember now of all 3 IB mods, IJ always had the crapiest instalation and I knew i will have problems with it...

Please help
    Thamks for your kind words. I have noticed the problem and will fix with the next upload. in the meantime follow these instructions to create a shortcut.

This is for people who may be experiencing problems with IJ loading or not loading the IJ shortcut.

1. If the shortcut fails to materialise on your desktop or the path is incorrect in the "target" window, please try reloading the game first.

2. If this fails to solve the problem please follow the following instructions.
    For those who have the IJ Icon on their desktop:

Right click on the IJ Icon
    Select Properties
    In the target box, copy and paste the following:

-mod:IJ -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:IJ -show_err.

2. If there is no Icon on your desktop then please follow these intructions:

Go the folder where II has been installed
    Right click on the BI.exe icon
    Select "Send to Desktop"
    The BI.exe Icon should now be on your desktop.
    Right click on the Icon
    Select Properties

-mod:IJ -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:IJ -show_err.

Thanks for help, I'll try now and then reply.

Btw, sorry for the "crappy" term, it's just because I am passionate about ur mod HONESTLY!
    So I apologize

I have a problem. It will not let me have the : symbol in the target name. How do I get around this?

And please don't say I have to reinstall it. I've already done that
    Sons of Queen Dido, Warriors of Libye (EB AAR)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237765

A Carthagian AAR about the life of a Libyan Phoenician soldier in the army of Carthage, giving his own account and personal opinions of the battles and conquests Carthage undertakes.

I just know the epicness will blow your minds!!

Quote Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
    I have a problem. It will not let me have the : symbol in the target name. How do I get around this?

And please don't say I have to reinstall it. I've already done that
    Have you followed these instructions:

This is for people who may be experiencing problems with IJ loading or not loading the IJ shortcut.

1. If the shortcut fails to materialise on your desktop or the path is incorrect in the "target" window, please try reloading the game first.

2. If this fails to solve the problem please follow the following instructions.
    For those who have the IJ Icon on their desktop:

Right click on the IJ Icon
    Select Properties

2. If there is no Icon on your desktop then please follow these intructions:

Go the folder where II has been installed
    Right click on the BI.exe icon
    Select "Send to Desktop"
    The BI.exe Icon should now be on your desktop.
    Right click on the Icon
    Select Properties

I did that, but my computer won't accept a colon in the target name. Is there and alternate name I could call it, a way I could change the exe so it will accept it, or a download that solves the problem?
    Sons of Queen Dido, Warriors of Libye (EB AAR)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237765

A Carthagian AAR about the life of a Libyan Phoenician soldier in the army of Carthage, giving his own account and personal opinions of the battles and conquests Carthage undertakes.

I just know the epicness will blow your minds!!

Quote Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
    I did that, but my computer won't accept a colon in the target name. Is there and alternate name I could call it, a way I could change the exe so it will accept it, or a download that solves the problem?
    I think you may have to reinstall. You don't have Vista do you??

When you copy the shortcut, don't click on "paste", click on "paste shortcut".
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    When you copy the shortcut, don't click on "paste", click on "paste shortcut".
    Thanks lenin96