Thread: AOR improvement

Default AOR improvement

Hello Sage!

I think we have to improve the AOR system in future versions. I checked your core pack file and I think it is possible to open unlimited AOR zones...

The aim should be more diversity among the AOR line regiments.
    Maybe in this zones:

1.AOR Zone

Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway?)

2. AOR Zone

Prussia, german minors

3. AOR Zone

Poland, Russia

4. AOR Zone

Austria, Balkans

5. AOR Zone

France, Spain, Portugal?

6. AOR Zone

North Africa, Ottomans

7. AOR Zone

Italian States

I think its strange when Danish troops look like Polish ones... so, I hope you will further improve the system because it really rocks!

regards

Default Re: AOR improvement

Thanks for the suggestion, although I don't really follow it?

Are you asking that we no longer have a unique province for each AOR unit (that's what we do currently, with only 1 exception that I can think of)? Or are you just asking that we reskin, which is on the todo list?

Currently, each new 'Regiement of Foot' is recruitable in a single pronvince. Combining AORs as you suggest would have some weird problems -- i.e. if France and Spain were at war, they could still each recruit each other's unit.

Sage

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: AOR improvement

Quote Originally Posted by derbiber View Post
    I think its strange when Danish troops look like Polish ones... so, I hope you will further improve the system because it really rocks!
    I know
    This will be addressed in future versions, but we want to get the system in place before we add more textures. The new units are using separate models, so using a 3rd party skin mod won't change the way they look. So for the moment you'll have to stick with the generic skins on the AOR units...
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down