Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

Default Re: Rome Total War 2 Hopes, Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by alex_shields View Post
    The thing to remember is that the reason we players can't assign cavalry to flank and pick targets for archers without finding that, at the other end of the field, our infantry are being overwhelmed by the AI is because the AI can control it's entire army and give order simultaneously all across the field. That's why using PAUSE isn't really a cheat. because it eliminates the handicap that a human faces vs. a computer opponent. Sure I can group units and have them attack the same target all at once, but the AI can assign multiple targets to multiple units all at once.
    CA needs to hamper the AI so that it can only focus on one flank at a time or something to give the battles more of an 'ebb and flow' feeling.
    Even though the AI can give orders simultaneously, I think its good. VH AI and they still need it. Rome is an insanely easy game just as any other Vanilla Total War game. The AI needs to challenge us. While you may have to pause to level the playing field with AI, that's okay. But I bet if you played a campaign without pausing a single battle in the VH setting, you'd get through just fine. After playing so many battles like that, AI becomes very predictable.

If they were to take away the ability for AI to give orders to all units at one time, then whenever we as the players pause in the middle of the battle, the screen should be blurred or blackened out so we can't give out all our orders at once, or for that matter look at the battlefield. To make it fair for the AI of course.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

I don't care about the period etc, I just want a game with good modding possibilities and no stupid DLC such as blood ones...

But I think this won't happens. Eh I said think, I made a mistake : it won't happen.

BrokenLantern's Avatar Libertus

If Rome TW 2 is realised I hope it has a few of these things:

Better AI,
    More units and variety,
    Different buildings,
    Tighter and more realistic formations for soldiers, esp Romans,
    Ability to deploy stakes with archers/light infranty,
    Phalanxes nerfed slighty,
    More city development (Village, Town, Minor City, City, Large City, Huge City, Collosal City, Metropolis)
    More factions,
    "Provincial campaigns" Like those in XGM & XG,
    Normal looking trees,
    Better unit pathing.

Even if it doesn't I'm buying that game.

What do you mean by nerfed Phalanxes? I think they're just fine. You can charge some units straight into some Phalanx units without any issues. Maybe instead of "nerfing," they could shorten the spear to a more reasonable length. I believe Macedonian Phalanxes had 9 foot spears, I vaguely remember this in a book. The spears in this game look much longer. If there is any unit that needs to be nerfed though, its a Spartan. There are times where I surrounded a Spartan unit on all sides with 5 units of heavy infantry, and the Spartan will manage to beat back an entire unit or two before my units finally prevail.

give units more formations to choose from based off of experience. If i have silver cheveron phalanx pike men, then I want them to be able to form a square lol. Also, it would be cool to have specific campaigns with their own unit roster. Like a 2nd punic war DLC campagin and whatnot.

What i'd like to see if there was a Rome 2 Total War is a logistical side to the game. So for instance supply lines and foraging and that kinda thing. In stainless steel there was something like that (i think) and it was one of the only reasons I played it for as long as I did

Just one Roman faction. I do not want to see Julii, Brutii or Scipii at all ever again.

And more like a TE/EB cross
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer Of Storms View Post
    What do you mean by nerfed Phalanxes? I think they're just fine. You can charge some units straight into some Phalanx units without any issues. Maybe instead of "nerfing," they could shorten the spear to a more reasonable length. I believe Macedonian Phalanxes had 9 foot spears, I vaguely remember this in a book. The spears in this game look much longer. If there is any unit that needs to be nerfed though, its a Spartan. There are times where I surrounded a Spartan unit on all sides with 5 units of heavy infantry, and the Spartan will manage to beat back an entire unit or two before my units finally prevail.
    While I agree with nerfing the Spartans the Macedonian pikes are fine to me. The Macedonian Sarissa was 6m (18ft) long

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Outlaw's Avatar Ordinarius

please make Rome 2

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    please make Rome 2

i want to get money from beating an army in the field from its supply train and i want to loot better amour and weapons from dead enemies

One thing I would really like to see in Rome TW2 is a real systems of governments instead of faction heir and faction leader. Like Rome actually being a real republic with two consuls and a curus honorum system also.

Modding friendly engine

NO DLC

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

No ramdom Stonehenges all over the battle maps.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    Modding friendly engine

I dream of RTW 2 with
    1. Ai that is competent and doesn't rely on sending wave after wave at you (IM LOOKING AT YOU EGYPT!!!) Shogun 2 fixed this for me
    2. Multiplayer campaigns and pretty much all the multiplayer options on shogun 2, like crating a general and upgrading him or those clan battles
    3. Better Graphics (no duh)
    4. Better balancing because Rome and Egypt are extremely powerful. Some are not cough cough Spain, Numidia, and Gaul.
    5. More Historically Accurate (MY FELLOW GAULISH BROTHERS ARE NOT PUSHOVERS!!!!) Egypt didn't have chariots during that time period they were a phalanx fighter
    6. New time period, maybe with the byzantines (I know thats barbarion invasion but a full on game of this would be very interesting) include the muslims.
    7. Keep Religion being important
    8. Fix the settlement issues (like how I can never reduce squalor after a certain amount of time)

And please please fix some multiplayer components also make sure clans don't clog up the chat box that is annoying as hell. Give them a separate one

Quote Originally Posted by The Nationalist View Post
    This:
    O yea and I Don't Want your damn lemons!!!

I think Rome2 TW is only matter of time, but Rome2 wouldn't be modders friendly as Rome was - the greatest title in all CA history. Cheers.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Thats obvious from the Way CA have been going lately.

I want (Mainly cosmetic changes)

1. Recruitment like in ETW and MTW, where you can make more than one unit at a time as cities progress.

2. You can create generals and admirals at any time like in ETW, but they wont gain skills like a family member would.

3. The ability to capture enemies that route and execute, release, ransom or enslave (Creates a version of that unit that is weaker in stats, but good for an army that's blitzing and doesn't have time to restock on units)

4. More diverse family member traits, that affect battles. A general known for executing enemies will demoralize the enemy, or give them more incentive to fight, defending on who is leading I guess.

5. Ships need to restock supplies every couple turns, so you cant just make a huge navy and blockade an enemy forever.

6. Ability to raid enemy ships in port with special land units.

7. Armies in enemy territory need to have a clear path to either ships right next to the coast or to their territory, or they begin taking attrition damage. (If you land an army from a boat, and march forward, and your boat leaves the shore or an enemy blocks the linear route that supplies would you, then you lose men over time, same idea with land invasions)